• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

5' bat

I was in Bali, and I saw someone had a bunch of those, but with red hair in their back yard in a big cage.

Beautiful animals, so cool.

Where is Robin?

That is so cool. I love bats.

Holy crap that's a big bat.

Damn! That puppy could double as B-2 Stealth Bomber with a tweak here and there, and a few precision guided missiles.

I like bats, think they're kinda cute and love that they control insect pests. But that guy would scare the livin' crap outta me. Damn!!! 😨
Where I grew up in S Georgia, people would put up bat houses like other people put up bird houses, to attract them to their yard to help control the out of control mosquito population.

Where I grew up in S Georgia, people would put up bat houses like other people put up bird houses, to attract them to their yard to help control the out of control mosquito population.
Ever been to the bat cave in Phx? 40th St. and Camelback, walk West about a fifth of a mile, huge flood control culvert. Go there at sunset and watch the little Mexican free tailed bats stream out, there are tens of thousands in there.

Ever been to the bat cave in Phx? 40th St. and Camelback, walk West about a fifth of a mile, huge flood control culvert. Go there at sunset and watch the little Mexican free tailed bats stream out, there are tens of thousands in there.

Thus the handle?

Partially... Gaming is another reason. People hate to get demolished by a teeny little bat.

Naval Air Station Cubi Point and Subic Naval station had large tracts of unmolested rain forest/jungle. Jungle training was held there. The forest was alive with everything from bats to rock apes, snakes and other goodies. The Philippine flying fox can reach 6+ feet wingspan.

As dusk fell the bats would circle their valley and as the shadow moved up the walls of the valley so did the mass of flying foxes. As the sun fell over the horizon the masses would move out into the countryside. Imaging the picture below multiplied to cover the entire evening sky.

1659930306453.png

Here is Melbourne Australia for example

1659930524528.png

Back
Top Bottom