• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

4 workers die from COVID at Smithfield plant. Feds fine company $13,494

You guys are just too funny. So, you are now saying that Trump's feds are doing the right thing? Is that really what you want to say?

i say the max $ per life is way too high. they're probably worth more like $1,000 each.

Do the kids always kick your ass as well/
Is this a new way of debating? I mean answering questions with questions.

Let me try it myself....

What time is it?

Is this a new way of debating? I mean answering questions with questions.

Let me try it myself....

What time is it?

Time for you to buy a ****ing watch. What happened? Did you lose yours to a woman in a debate?

Can't you just say yes or no to what he said about employers not being responsible for the virus? Is it really so difficult? Instead, those dumb analogies...

Employers in America are not responsible for the coronavirus pandemic. They are, however, responsible for the safety of their employees and they are responsible for injuries and deaths caused by poor business acts.

Only in the minds of the Very Conservative are my questions "dumb"

Time for you to buy a ****ing watch. What happened? Did you lose yours to a woman in a debate?
No, just practicing answering questions with questions.
As I wrote, women don't debate. They manipulate the naive sucker who would try it, and when they are about to lose, they scream or fake tears. They also talk over. Most guys can't stand their shrieking voices and give up.

Yes, We should get reparations from China; many trillions. Total coincidence that Smithfield is Chinese owned and managed. How'd we let that happen?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Smithfield is owned by Hong Kong based WH Group. Traded on the HK exchange. Managed in Smithfield Va. where it's been for decades. Management team or location has not changed since the sale. Goldman Sachs was the largest stockholder until it sold a portion of its holdings at a huge profit. It's still a major player. It's not owned or managed in China.

I think the plant was closed after the employees were tested and a large number were found to be carriers.

This latest sounds like a lot of pots calling the other persons kettle black.

Paying the fine would mean admitting culpability and could be used as discovery for individual or class action lawsuits against them. It's a legal strategy, IMO - and I've watched a lot of TV lawyerin'!

It's my understanding the fine is proposed, not levied.

Yep their dead, why should we hold anyone accountable for negligence? :roll:

Because the spread of a contagious disease is not negligence on the part of a business where people voluntarily come to work

Back
Top Bottom