• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

4 workers die from COVID at Smithfield plant. Feds fine company $13,494

It’s not negligence when someone dies of natural causes.

It's not natural when they catch a disease from negligence of the workplace. If you don't like America, get the **** out.

It matters the same way as the news that four thugs got killed by a thug in Chicago.

Would you agonize if some scum who was trying to break into your house broke his neck and died climbing the wall? You would be celebrating if you are sane.
How the **** do you come up with such retarded crap? Is it something that comes naturally to very conservatives?

I apologize for breaking my rule never to debate women. Sorry.
Ah so misogyny is also part of the fine traits you have displayed so far. Then again, having your stupidity demonstrated by a girl, I am sure you will not be bragging about that you your fellow "very conservatives" as you call them.

What ****ing difference does your moronic question makes to the 4 lives lost?

i think it's just a way for him to signal the other people like him here of who he is.

Ah so misogyny is also part of the fine traits you have displayed so far. Then again, having your stupidity demonstrated by a girl, I am sure you will not be bragging about that you your fellow "very conservatives" as you call them.

men who are scared of women totally baffle me. i love confident, strong women. i never wanted a slave, i always wanted a partner who challenges me. a power duo if you will.

and that's the path i took. i feel sorry for the men who have to marry a weakling to make themselves feel more (cough) manly.

It's not natural when they catch a disease from negligence of the workplace. If you don't like America, get the **** out.

The negligence would be on the part of the employee that came sick and not the company. If negligence exists at all. But I think no negligence should exist for the natural spread of a disease. I don’t think it’s the responsibility of the employer to guarantee a place completely free of all risk. And the deterioration of America comes from the fact we’re governed by politicians who cater to people who don’t take responsibility for themselves. Those workers weren’t forced to come to work

0FD2AC50-768E-4A30-B0B6-25EB6D9A66B4.jpg

4 workers at Smithfield plant died; feds fine company $13,494

"The U.S. Department of Labor on Thursday proposed that Smithfield Foods pay a $13,494 fine for failing to protect employees at a meat processing plant in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, where nearly 1,300 workers contracted COVID-19 and four died."

1,300 of their workers became infected with COVID. 4 died. They are challenging the fine.

I hope they continue to challenge the fine.

I hope they continue to challenge the fine.

exactly. if, say, it was you who died i'd say your life is only worth around $1,000.

that sound right?

exactly. if, say, it was you who died i'd say your life is only worth around $1,000.

that sound right?

Well I have life insurance so if I die people will be getting very Rich. The fines don’t go to families, they go to the government to pay for someone’s patronage job

Well I have life insurance so if I die people will be getting very Rich. The fines don’t go to families, they go to the government to pay for someone’s patronage job

we're not talking about your life insurance (which i'm sure many Republicans and Democrats don't have).

we're talking about what the person's life is worth if the company is responsible. so, what is your life worth if your company is responsible for your death? about $1,000? $750?

we're not talking about your life insurance (which i'm sure many Republicans and Democrats don't have).

we're talking about what the person's life is worth if the company is responsible. so, what is your life worth if your company is responsible for your death? about $1,000? $750?

What do you think it’s worth?

All of life is risky. You can justify fines of 18374829384839 trillion dollars if you want using this idea.

I think that the value of your life should be up to you, if you feel going to work in the time of a virus that 99% of infected survive is worth the risk that should be your call.

I worked full time this entire pandemic, I visit my girlfriend and her family in LA three times a month on the airplane, I went to public events and private gatherings that were illegal.

This was my free decision and I haven’t been hurt for it

1000 dollars, 750, 5000 Mexican pesos, 17 cents, four bushels of wheat, this is all totally arbitrary values as far as fines are

what do i think your life is worth if a company is responsible for your death?

$750

Why? I’m not being difficult on purpose, whats the specific value of 750 US dollars?

Why? I’m not being difficult on purpose, whats the specific value of 750 US dollars?

just what i think you're worth if your company causes your death.

just what i think you're worth if your company causes your death.

Well I don’t agree that someone dying from an infectous disease is the company causing the death

Well I don’t agree that someone dying from an infectous disease is the company causing the death

and even if they are, and it's you, i say you're worth $750.

and even if they are, and it's you, i say you're worth $750.

750 paid to a regulatory body doesn’t change my situation if I’m dead and not a penny of that goes to my loved ones. So what does this value even mean?

Back
Top Bottom