• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

2013 spending, budget, and monetary policy discussion

There is a lot of "should'" in your predictions, none of which are based on any objective evidence or data.

According to the liberal democrats we should by now have a growth rate large enough to offset the cost of ObamaCare.....

And inflation being as low as it is is a good indicator for you ?

It just means our economy sucks, and trillions in new money is stagnant and parked at banks.

Sorry, but we've been listening to the lies out of the Obama administration since day one, which includes all of the money that was supposed to be spent on " infrastructure" in Obama's stimulus.

You guys dont have much credibillity left.

GDP growth has been stagnant. The country is being turned into a nation of part time hamburger flippers.

Then you cut spending by 25%.

Since we are a modern economy and the federal government thankfully funds programs that contribute to productivity, including infrastructure, health care, education, and scientific research, cutting funding means cutting productivity which means cutting future revenues.

In short that's stupid. Invest in productivity (as any company does) and you get more revenues. True for IBM and true for the federal government.

Since we are a modern economy and the federal government thankfully funds programs that contribute to productivity, including infrastructure, health care, education, and scientific research, cutting funding means cutting productivity which means cutting future revenues.

In short that's stupid. Invest in productivity (as any company does) and you get more revenues. True for IBM and true for the federal government.

successful companies know how to trim the fat.

Since we are a
modern economy and the federal government thankfully funds programs that contribute to productivity, including infrastructure, health care, education, and scientific research, cutting funding means cutting productivity which means cutting future revenues.

Yes, " Succesful Companies" don't increase spending exponentially as profits fall.

The President's control over the economy is bloated by the media, at best.

The President's control over the economy
is bloated by the media, at best.

No, the Presidents " influence" on the economy in Obama's case can be directly attributed to bad policies, laws and mandates.

One being Obama-Care, which has effectively destroyed the 40 hour work . It's destroyed confidence and its caused bussinesses to put off new investments especially when it comes to hiring.

Obama's EPA mandates have forced States to defend their industrial assets and his perpetuation of the false narrative of " Global Warming " has blocked the creation of new jobs.

Oil production is up but it has nothing to do with Obama since its being done on private lands. Obama lobbied for the increases production of clean burning Natural Gas before the 2012 Election and then he closed down Federal lands after he was re-elected.

His central bank appointment has poisoned the economy with perpetual QE, pulling untold amounts of money outof the private sector in interest rates on savings and giving it to the asset markets.

So the " rich can keep on getting richer".

To claim Obama's actions have no bearing on this economy is a ignorant statement.

To claim Obama's actions have no bearing on this economy is a ignorant statement.

Oh, I didn't realize I said that, at all.

All these things have been enacted by Congress, many with bipartisan support. The President's job is mostly foreign policy. Yeah, he can affect the economy, but shifting the blame to him and away from Congress is fundamentally flawed.

Oh, I didn't realize I said that, at all.

All these things have been enacted by Congress, many with bipartisan support. The President's job is mostly foreign policy. Yeah, he can affect the economy, but shifting the blame to him and away from Congress is fundamentally flawed.

Obama's "biggest accomplishment''. is Obama-Care, a law that what thrown together and pushed through in the dead of night, a law that mandates arbitrary and rising expenses on every "producer" in this society, so the takers can have access to free health care.

He signed it, he lied about it, continues and he's responsible for it. A law that has effectively killed the 40 hour work week, that has led our FED to perpetual QE to prop up the asset markets while it pulls untold trillions out of the private sector by way of interest on savings and bonds.

Obama's "biggest accomplishment''. is Obama-Care, a law that what thrown together and pushed through in the dead of night, a law that mandates arbitrary and rising expenses on every "producer" in this society, so the takers can have access to free health care.

He signed it, he lied about it, continues and he's responsible for it. A law that has effectively killed the 40 hour work week, that has led our FED to perpetual QE to prop up the asset markets while it pulls untold trillions out of the private sector by way of interest on savings and bonds.

Which amounts to him being a glorified cheerleader and face to blame for something Congress put together.

Which amounts to him being a glorified
cheerleader and face to blame for something Congress put together.

You mean the DEMOCRAT Congress ?

And Wow, it's NOTHING without his signature.

Is anyone responsible for their actions in your world ?

You mean the DEMOCRAT Congress ?

And Wow, it's NOTHING without his signature.

Is anyone responsible for their actions in your world ?

Yeah, the DEMOCRAT Congress. And it seems to me that you blame Obama for all that, despite the fact that it had a large amount of bipartisan support and action taken by the Democrats that did not fall in line with Obama's policy. Yeah, he signed it into law, but without giving it the context of the game of politics, it means nothing. He's a face. And a cheerleader. He's a cop out blame.

Yeah, the DEMOCRAT Congress. And it
seems to me that you blame Obama for all that, despite the fact that it had a large amount of bipartisan support and action taken by the Democrats that did not fall in line with Obama's policy. Yeah, he signed it into law, but without giving it the context of the game of politics, it means nothing. He's a face. And a cheerleader. He's a cop out blame.

Wait a minute. ObamaCare had " a large amount of bi-partisan report " ?

Name the Republicans that supported it and then voted for it.

And NO, he went around and lied about it, and then signed it.

No amount of your justifications and excuses changes that.

Wait a minute. ObamaCare had " a large amount of bi-partisan report " ?

Name the Republicans that supported it and then voted for it.

And NO, he went around and lied about it, and then signed it.

No amount of your justifications and excuses changes that.

Support doesn't necessarily mean voted for. I don't know if you are familiar with how things work in Congress or not, but the opposition supports various aspects of legislation that they know will go badly in order to give the entire legislation a bad name.

Lied about it? Okay, list the lies, that is, outright falsifications and not things he said he wanted it to do that Congress didn't allow.

He was a cheerleader. He didn't craft the legislation with all of its nonsense. He signed it because it was a political move to do so.

That's how it is. You can't blame the face just because it's easier.

Support doesn't necessarily mean voted
for. I don't know if you are familiar with how things work in Congress or not, but the opposition supports various aspects of legislation that they know will go badly in order to give the entire legislation a bad name.

Lied about it? Okay, list the lies, that is, outright falsifications and not things he said he wanted it to do that Congress didn't allow.

He was a cheerleader. He didn't craft the legislation with all of its nonsense. He signed it because it was a political move to do so.

That's how it is. You can't blame the face just because it's easier.

Seriously, what the hell is wrong with you ? I mean you and a hundred million other Americans who have lost all sense of reason and humillity.

You'll will squirm and twist and contort rather than admit you're just WRONG.

No "support" to a Congressmen means one thing, the one thing that they can be held accountable for and the one thing that's kept on record.

Their VOTE. Yea or Nay.

I don't respect justifying down failure or bad decisions and apparently you have inside information that shows Republicans supported Obama Care.

Please, enlighten us then because otherwise you're talking out of your ass.

I'll just refer you to the final vote, you can google that if you need to.

IF you have to lie and make sh** up to support your position then your position is innately crap.

Seriously, what the hell is wrong with you ? I mean you and a hundred million other Americans who have lost all sense of reason and humillity.

You'll will squirm and twist and contort rather than admit you're just WRONG.

No "support" to a Congressmen means one thing, the one thing that they can be held accountable for and the one thing that's kept on record.

Their VOTE. Yea or Nay.

I don't respect justifying down failure or bad decisions and apparently you have inside information that shows Republicans supported Obama Care.

Please, enlighten us then because otherwise you're talking out of your ass.

I'll just refer you to the final vote, you can google that if you need to.

IF you have to lie and make sh** up to support your position then your position is innately crap.

"Support doesn't necessarily mean voted for. I don't know if you are familiar with how things work in Congress or not, but the opposition supports various aspects of legislation that they know will go badly in order to give the entire legislation a bad name." - polisciguy

^^^ That's how politics works.
You got hostile real quick, and resorted to stopping the debate. My only point is, you have to hold congress accountable too, it's not just the president. It's a cop out to blame him. End of story. With that, I end my discussion.

Back
Top Bottom