• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

2006 NASCAR Chase For The Cup

Donkey1499

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Alright, here is the list of who's in the Chase:

Matt Kenseth
Jimmie Johnson
Kevin Harvick
Kyle Busch
Denny Hamlin
Dale Earnhardt Jr.
Mark Martin
Jeff Burton
Jeff Gordon
Kasey Kahne

Tony Stewart the Bitch Titty* didn't make it, which makes me glad. Tony wrecked my driver, Clint Bowyer, at Pocono, which pissed me off something fierce.

So, my question is, who do y'all think is gonna win it, or who do you WANT to win it? I'm going with Kevin Harvick (who I THINK is gonna win it), and Jeff Burton (who I WANT to win it). Only because both Harvick and Burton are teammates of Clint Bowyer. So I'm rooting for the team; Richard Childress Racing (RCR).

My other question is, who do you not want to win it? I've got 3 ppl I don't want to win it: Jimmie Johnson, Jeff Gordon and Kyle Busch. Johnson is a cheater, Jeff Gordon's ego is too big and Busch's a pu$$y. Plus, all 3 of them drive for Rick Hendrick, the humongous @$$hole (Hendrick didn't pay overtime to his employees and he screwed over Honda in a business deal; then he was pardoned by Bill Clinton in 2000).

* - a Bitch Titty is the teet on a female dog. It can also be applied in a plural sense, such as: Bitch Titties.

The first race of the Chase starts this weekend (Sunday) at Loudon, New Hampshire. Kevin Harvick and Jeff Burton have a good chance at finishing in top spots here. Burton has plenty of wins and Harvick always does good at short tracks and speedways. So I'm pulling for them both to win or at least get top 10's here.

I'm gonna pull for Bush... If I don't... Who will.
After that Kahne and DJ.
Gordon and Johnson, I hope they crash and burn.

You got half your wish...heard Johnson crashed out.... excuse me but I really need to:2rofll: for that one.:mrgreen:

ngdawg said:
You got half your wish...heard Johnson crashed out.... excuse me but I really need to:2rofll: for that one.:mrgreen:
...So are you laughing cause JJ crashed or cause I said I'm pulling for Bush... I don't even like him (Kyle) but I do think it funny if he got the championship and without friends.
Donkey made a good call though on Harvick... Don't know how Burton finished but when I checked midway he was top 10.

Roflol at Johnson crashing out.
Billo...suck an egg.:2wave:

My wish list:

First and foremost....ANYBODY but Weenie-Boy.

But if I have my druther's, I'd ruther see:

1. Kenseth
2. Jr.
3. Mark Martin
4. Harvick
5. Burton
6. Kahne
7. Busch
8. Johnson
9. Hamlin
10. And Jeff Gordon crashing into the wall..........:rofl

Boogity boogity!!

From an occasional NASCAR watcher, I've got a question for all you ardent fans..

What's the deal with Jeff Gordon and why is he so hated? Seems like he's hated worse than Michael Irvin in Philadelphia...

I like to tease my sister and her boyfriend about Gordon being a 'girly-man'(Ahnold accent). I just don't like to hear him speak, I think he's an ***-kisser as well. Some will argue he is the best driver to ever sit behind a wheel. Eh....
Some of the hatred came about when his wife left him because of his cheating, then he fought HER for settlement on his millions. I've heard his neighbors in the hoity-toity neighborhood of Lake Norman, NC, don't care much for him either, but I don't know why there.

I think Waltrip talks like a man who squats to pee. If he didn't have a drop-dead gorgeous wife I would swear he was a little light in the loafers....

Not that there's anything wrong with that. :mrgreen:

Don't be knocking on my Mikey, now!

Apostle13 said:
...So are you laughing cause JJ crashed or cause I said I'm pulling for Bush... I don't even like him (Kyle) but I do think it funny if he got the championship and without friends.
Donkey made a good call though on Harvick... Don't know how Burton finished but when I checked midway he was top 10.

I can't help it. I'm like the NASCAR God on here. I still think Harvick is going to win the Chase. But 2nd thru 10th I'm not too sure at this time. Perhaps after race #3 I'll know who to pick for the top 10 run down of where I think they'll finish at years end.

reaganburch said:
From an occasional NASCAR watcher, I've got a question for all you ardent fans..

What's the deal with Jeff Gordon and why is he so hated? Seems like he's hated worse than Michael Irvin in Philadelphia...

I can tell you some of the main reasons why I hate Jeff Gordon.

#1: He's a yuppie. I can't stand yuppies at all, especially one's from the left coast.

#2: He belittles other drivers. I don't know if any of y'all heard his interview at the latest Bristol race, but he ran Scott Riggs into the ground. Saying that these guys who don't normally run up front don't know how to race with those who do run up front normally. He was saying this cuz Riggs wouldn't boot him (Gordon) out of the way to gain position. BUT, if Riggs did boot Gordon out of the way, then Gordon would be yelling about how much of an unexperienced and horrible driver Riggs is.

#3: Gordon throws his championships in the faces of other drivers, fans, and car owners. Tony Stewart is guilty of this too. Him and Stewart also feel that since they have multiple Championships they are entitled to certain things/privleges, and so on.

#4: His team use to be called the "Rainbow Warriors"... HOW F---ING GAY IS THAT???

ngdawg said:
Don't be knocking on my Mikey, now!

Mikey is a good guy, personality wise. I just don't agree with his move to Toyota. That name just irritates me. If Honda wants to join, fine. But to have something that it's first syllable is "toy" is just down-right gay. Besides, japanese cars have no business getting into a sport that has had nothing but domestic makes for DECADES! But I guess Brian France will have his way.

Donkey1499 said:
Mikey is a good guy, personality wise. I just don't agree with his move to Toyota. That name just irritates me. If Honda wants to join, fine. But to have something that it's first syllable is "toy" is just down-right gay. Besides, japanese cars have no business getting into a sport that has had nothing but domestic makes for DECADES! But I guess Brian France will have his way.
And Honda begins with Hon, so....:mrgreen:
Mikey is gonna do what's best for Mikey. He took this gig because DEI tossed him and he needed a place to stay. The whole time he's trying to race, he's instructing his crew, his spotters, it's no wonder he can't get up there with the others. His frustration comes out over the radio every week. I don't blame him for taking Toyota; I'm sure they made an offer hard to say no to after this disastrous move.
Since other makes have dropped out, I think Toyota might be a good thing.
Hell, it's just a name-not like they're gonna put a street-ready Camry in there.
But Ford, Chevy, Dodge all the time makes it a tad boring, even if they do all look alike.

ngdawg said:
And Honda begins with Hon, so....:mrgreen:
Mikey is gonna do what's best for Mikey. He took this gig because DEI tossed him and he needed a place to stay. The whole time he's trying to race, he's instructing his crew, his spotters, it's no wonder he can't get up there with the others. His frustration comes out over the radio every week. I don't blame him for taking Toyota; I'm sure they made an offer hard to say no to after this disastrous move.
Since other makes have dropped out, I think Toyota might be a good thing.
Hell, it's just a name-not like they're gonna put a street-ready Camry in there.
But Ford, Chevy, Dodge all the time makes it a tad boring, even if they do all look alike.

The thing is, Toyota ain't original. The new 2007 Camry looks like a cross between a Ford Fusion and a Lincoln Zephyr. Of which I'm not surprised, Toyota did buy out a contract of a Ford Engineer. They also have all the R&D from Dodge via Bill Davis, the defector. And they've hired a crap load of Chevy guys. None of this is Toyota's fault, per se. But they still could making something original.

If you look in the Nextell Cup, you see that Ford, Chevy and Dodge are pretty equal with the amount of wins, within reason. BUT, you look at the Craftsman Truck Series and you see a heavily unbalanced amount of Toyota wins over Ford, then Chevy, and then Dodge (who doesn't have any wins, I think). Toyota is running away with the truck championship (the top 4 in points are toyota). This has only happened cuz in Toyota's first season in trucks was crappy. They didn't finish too good, so they bitched to NASCAR and now they pretty much 'own' the truck series. I'm afraid that this crap might happen in Cup too.

Back
Top Bottom