• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

14th Amendment still applies and will apply

Obvious projection. Dems didn't violently attack our government because of a distrust of our democracy.

You're the guys talking about keeping the electorate from choosing the candidate of their choice.

Can someone point to a statement made by the "insurrectionist" politicians that is not protected by the First Amendment?

"I am ignorant of the matters before the court in this case and demand someone here fill me in"

Kane.gif

Republican politicians who incited the insurrection and were for the insurrection were at least smart enough, like mobsters, to let others take the fall.

So you can't name one. Good job.
Wait..... counselor...... I'm not (nor is anyone else) required to form a defense for your client, Mr Cawthorn.....nor am I required to hold your hand and explain the charges against him.

Protip: begging the question is not a great way to develop a counter-argument that you apparently don't have. It is wonderful acting, but it has zero basis.

Try again.

Ok. Anyone actually been convicted of insurrection? Any of those 11 seeking office?
Who f’n cares if those being charged with seditious conspiracy had plans to run for political office?

Well, I am not the fellow here suggesting the electorate should not be permitted to choose the candidate they wish for office.
If the fellow, or woman, is disqualified by their conduct to run for office, the electorate will have to suck it up and vote for another candidate.

Who f’n cares if those being charged with seditious conspiracy had plans to run for political office?
You do or why else did you even respond to my post? That is what this thread is about after all.

Can someone point to a statement made by the "insurrectionist" politicians that is not protected by the First Amendment?
I would also like to ad that the case has nothing to do with a violation of your client's ability to say what he wants, he is not being barred from speaking his mind by the federal govt.

Wait..... counselor...... I'm not (nor is anyone else) required to form a defense for your client, Mr Cawthorn.....nor am I required to hold your hand and explain the charges against him.

Protip: begging the question is not a great way to develop a counter-argument that you apparently don't have. It is wonderful acting, but it has zero basis.

Try again.
You made an accusation, why not support it? Because you can't.

I would also like to ad that the case has nothing to do with a violation of your client's ability to say what he wants, he is not being barred from speaking his mind by the federal govt.
Insurrection is a crime. If you're going to accuse someone of a crime you need to have supporting evidence. What did he say that was not protected speech?

You made an accusation
My accusation....is that you have no clue what what the case is about.
Insurrection is a crime. If you're going to accuse someone of a crime you need to have supporting evidence. What did he say that was not protected speech?
You still have no clue, the case is not about a violation of his 1stA rights.

Hmm… do you think that a mere allegation of insurrection should suffice?
Many if not most brought up thus far were identified by photos at the event .................

Obvious projection. Dems didn't violently attack our government because of a distrust of our democracy.
Really? What about the current trial over the origins of the Trump Russian Collusion claims by the democrats, including the Hillary campaign, Hillary, some in the DOJ and FBI as well as others. These democrats were attacking our democracy as they tried to affect an election and then to change the outcome.

Really? What about the current trial over the origins of the Trump Russian Collusion claims by the democrats, including the Hillary campaign, Hillary, some in the DOJ and FBI as well as others. These democrats were attacking our democracy as they tried to affect an election and then to change the outcome.
Yeah but *herp* WUDDABOUT *derp* DURHAM REPORT HERP DERP!

Republican politicians who incited the insurrection and were for the insurrection were at least smart enough, like mobsters, to let others take the fall.
The supposed incitement of the supposed insurrection is purely opinion. Naturally the left loves to jump on Trump and others for inciting a insurrection. Why aren't they concerned with the Durham investigation or the Sussman trial or the obvious attempts by the Hillary campaign and Hillary and some of those in the DOJ and FBI to change the outcome of an election? The facts are out there, the trial reveals more every day and yet democrats are silent.

The supposed incitement of the supposed insurrection is purely opinion. Naturally the left loves to jump on Trump and others for inciting a insurrection. Why aren't they concerned with the Durham investigation or the Sussman trial or the obvious attempts by the Hillary campaign and Hillary and some of those in the DOJ and FBI to change the outcome of an election? The facts are out there, the trial reveals more every day and yet democrats are silent.
I love the way the yankee has you totally conned.

To invoke the 14th Amendment, Congress has to vote on it… and as long as Trump has MAGA cronies in the House and Senate, that vote is doomed to fail, even if Trump were to publicly kill and eat one of their grandchildren, that’s how powerful his hold is on them…
a (maybe not so far-fetched) scenario I see developing is that Trump gets elected President even though convicted of both federal and state crimes…
He pardons himself from the Federal crimes, but is still incarcerated in Georgia for the state crimes… then he brings the full weight of the Federal Government to blackmail Georgia into pardoning him by threatening to cut off 100% of Federal funding to Georgia…
Then we truly become a fascist 3rd world country…
I wouldn’t put it past him…

Not charged does not mean will not be charged. But that is besides the point. The 14th does not require a crime be charged, only participation in the insurrection.
insurrection, noun, a violent uprising against an authority or government.
Now define "participation".

I don't think so. Remember, you cannot go by what a definition means today. You have to use the contemporary definition of what the words meant then.

What did sedition mean in 1868?
seditious conspiracy has a stipulation in law of not being able to hold elected office...also Advocating the overthrow of Government has the same clause that forbids the person from holding office....ADVOCATING....which doesn't mean you have to actively engage in...just advocate for it.

Great in theory, but in our reality where basically nobody meaningful has been charged with insurrection, despite their support for it, I'm not sure that this decision really matters.
The constitution says nothing about "charged with insurrection".

Back
Top Bottom