• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

14 States Passed Laws Making it Harder to Get an Abortion

Any laws that significantly restrict abortion will be struck down by the courts.

But in the meantime women suffer so theocrats sleep a little better at night.

Either these laws do that or they don't.

They do.

If they don't then you are raising false alarms and ought to be ashamed of yourself.

No, the ones who should be ashamed of themselves are the theocratic authoritarians that pass this nonsense in the first place.

Mandating that abortion clinics follow normal regulations of safety, cleanliness and hygiene, like every other medical clinic has to do, isn't restricting abortion.

Yeah because as we all know, safety, cleanliness and hygiene is what this is really about :roll:

Means nothing.

Abortion is legal in this country, if you don't like it, go back to your country and quit whining.

I believe he's Swiss. Abortion is legal in Switzerland during the first trimester. Pretty much the same as here.

It means a lot.

The fact that you don't like when doctors say "fetus" is a baby, means nothing.

That quote is from the internationally recognized MAYO CLINIC, for crying out loud, not from some fringe group planning to blow up another abortion chamber.

Not relevant. Even if you wish to claim personhood for the fetus the rights balancing that then takes place must necessarily favor the woman because it is her body.

Not relevant. Even if you wish to claim personhood for the fetus the rights balancing that then takes place must necessarily favor the woman because it is her body.

Exactly. How do you give personhood rights to a fetus without taking away available rights of a woman?

Are they against abortion if they are found to be disabled inside the womb?

Yes, because "doctors make mistakes"...he feels it's better to birth the child just in case there was a mistake and if the child is disabled, kill it.

Yes, because "doctors make mistakes"...he feels it's better to birth the child just in case there was a mistake and if the child is disabled, kill it.

Interesting. That's a first for me. So, in that scenario, the person would be OK with it if you could be guaranteed in knowing the unborn child was disabled. It's a fine distinction. However, it doesn't make much sense to me and that's definitely no where near mainstream pro-life.

You're doubling down that every law is linked to an individual moral stance. WRONG!

Call the Pope, file a complaint, okay...

I'm not Catholic, so I don't know why I would call the Pope. Fact is, you haven't refuted that your premise for allowing abortion is based on your personal beliefs in conjunction with the personal beliefs of other people that coalesced into current law. That said, it has only been so since 1973. Would you have been against abortion before then?

From Webster dictionary:

Abortion - the termination of a pregnancy after, accompanied by, resulting in, or closely followed by the death of the fetus.

Now, that you read it, how is your cringe factor?

Let's replace fetus with unborn baby, which, as we just saw, is an equivalent of fetus , and read that sentence again:

Abortion - the termination of a pregnancy after, accompanied by, resulting in, or closely followed by the death of the unborn baby.

So, how does that sound? Is your cringe factor still the same?

Yes, I know it's legal.

From Webster dictionary:

Abortion - the termination of a pregnancy after, accompanied by, resulting in, or closely followed by the death of the fetus.

Let's replace fetus with unborn baby, which, as we just saw, is an equivalent of fetus , and read that sentence again:

Abortion - the termination of a pregnancy after, accompanied by, resulting in, or closely followed by the death of the unborn baby.

Yes, I know it's legal.

LMAO why how dishonest. . .

whats it called when the fetus is already dead? . . abortion
whats it called when the fetus lives? . . abortion

abortion is a medical procedure the aborts/ends PREGNANCY period.
The life of the ZEF plays ZERO role in it

Do the vast majority of ZEFS die? of course because the vast majority are done BEFORE viability and at many times are even damaged during the abortion because its safer for the mother.

Facts are important, try educating yourself on this topic to avoid further confusion for yourself.

I believe he's Swiss. Abortion is legal in Switzerland during the first trimester. Pretty much the same as here.

Yeah, he should go back to his country and complain.

From Webster dictionary:

Yes, I know it's legal.

Gee, you replaced words.

What an amazing way to argue...not.

Its legal, get over it.

I'm not Catholic, so I don't know why I would call the Pope. Fact is, you haven't refuted that your premise for allowing abortion is based on your personal beliefs in conjunction with the personal beliefs of other people that coalesced into current law. That said, it has only been so since 1973. Would you have been against abortion before then?

Of course. Roe v Wade was simply an admission by the SC that the government fail to protect women's rights that were established in 1868 when the 14th Amendment was passed.

LMAO why how dishonest. . .

How convenient to ignore this sentence from the Webster dictionary and MAYO clinic:

You want to debate? Go for it and show where that sentence contains falsehood or a fallacy in reasoning. If you know what fallacy is, of course.

And skip the lectures, as the subject is the hideousness of abortion, not me.

Yes, I know it's legal.

It is also disgusting and a reason why the U.S. lost the claim to high moral ground.

How convenient to ignore this sentence from the Webster dictionary and MAYO clinic:

You want to debate? Go for it and show where that sentence contains falsehood or a fallacy in reasoning. If you know what fallacy is, of course.

And skip the lectures, as the subject is the hideousness of abortion, not me.

Yes, I know it's legal.

It is also disgusting and a reason why the U.S. lost the claim to high moral ground.

Nothing was ignored LMAO your dihonesty clim has been proven factually wrong :laughat:

whats it called when the fetus is already dead? . . abortion
whats it called when the fetus lives? . . abortion

abortion is a medical procedure the aborts/ends PREGNANCY period.
The life of the ZEF plays ZERO role in it
Your post fails and facts win again :D

Of course. Roe v Wade was simply an admission by the SC that the government fail to protect women's rights that were established in 1868 when the 14th Amendment was passed.

Except for the rights of that of the child, that had existed at that time but then were stripped, you mean. I'm picking up what you're putting down.

The War on Women's Rights continues unabated.

Abortion is the killing of our youngest humans. If being against that is the "war on women's rights," then I'm a proud warrior in the cause.

Except for the rights of that of the child, that had existed at that time but then were stripped, you mean. I'm picking up what you're putting down.

For purposes of this discussion lets say a fetus has rights. The woman has rights too does she not? Doesn't she have a right to her body? So her rights and fetus' rights are in conflict. How do you propose we resolve that conflict?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The hideousness of abortion is best seen in how nobody wants to get into the details. Kind of like "gay" sex. We know gays exist and do what they find amusing, but that is as far as we want to go and no further.

There are hundreds of medical procedures. As parents, none of us would find any discomfort in explaining to our kids what each of them involves. Appendectomy, brain surgery, delivering a child, or even removing a hemorrhoid from near the rectum can be explained to anyone who would listen, including children age 10 and up. Today, I could explain in fine detail to my 10-year-old granddaughter how a stent is installed without being afraid she will have nightmares. I would not dare tell her how a 20-week pregnancy is terminated. Why is that?

It's because abortion is different. It's not an act of healing but an act of premeditated murder made digestible by renaming what's inside to a Latin and medically-sounding word, and by making it legal. Just like death penalty, which the liberals oppose no matter the crime, claiming its brutality and the victim suffering. The smoke from the head and the body convulsions of a man being electrocuted is something nobody really wants to see, hence injection.

The cringe and discomfort factor while watching a "fetus" being removed would be a 100 times higher.

Yes, I know it's legal.

For purposes of this discussion lets say a fetus has rights. The woman has rights too does she not? Doesn't she have a right to her body? So her rights and fetus' rights are in conflict. How do you propose we resolve that conflict?

Well, you have to look at the level of violation to resolve it to the lowest level. So you're comparing death or a 9 month waiting period with some minor health concerns, for the majority of the time.

Zefs have never had rights, in the history of your country or mine.

Oh OK, so abortions were never illegal, you're saying?

During the colonial days abortion before quickening was legal and after quickening it was just a misdemeanor.
The first statutes regulating abortion in the US passed in the 1820s and 1830s.
They were actually poison-control laws.
The sale of commercial abortifacients was banned, but abortion itself was not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Women have rights but the society has no obligation to provide any service to execute those rights. States should help make abortions rare by closing all abortion clinics and allow abortions in hospitals to save mother's life, and under other exceptional conditions, but not to correct the mistake of getting drunk and pregnant.

Yes, I know it's legal.

Back
Top Bottom