• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

14 shot at Vegas hookah parlor; 1 dead and 2 critically hurt

to continue on with my post above, 3 little girls (only two shown below) were gunned down by their dad a few weeks ago IN A CHURCH. did anyone here know? why doesn't everyone know? do you know that this event goes down as a suicide?

photo

photo

I've noticed this trend of yours. If someone wanted to take you up on postings of dead "kids" and young adults, there are those that would far outweigh the ones you find.
I don't have that kind of stamina though.

A gun is not a tool... it is a weapon.
Nah, it's a tool. And tools don't do jack or shit without a person to use it. Guns are designed to shoot things.
Paper, cans, animals, sometimes people.

Kind of like knifes, knives are designed to cut things. Sometimes fruits and vegetables, animals, and sometimes people.
A car is vehicle.
A car is also a tool.
Vehicles are not designed to kill people. Weapons are.
Neither are designed to kill.
Bad analogy. *shrug*

The point is obviously what they were designed for...
They were designed to propel a projectile.
not what a person can use them for... A claw foot bathtub can be used as a planter for plants....
yep
But that is not what it was designed for.
Guns weren't designed to kill people.
If you can not be honest about the most basic fact of the argument then you are not here to argue honestly.
I'm sorry that reality is curb stomping your deeply held ideological beliefs on this issue. I really am. But reality it remains regardless of how you feel about it.

Definition of firearm

: a weapon from which a shot is discharged by gunpowder —usually used of small arms

Anything else?
now post all of the other definitions/uses for firearms. Such as recreation. Just like softball bats are used for both recreation, and as weapons.

I've noticed this trend of yours. If someone wanted to take you up on postings of dead "kids" and young adults, there are those that would far outweigh the ones you find.
I don't have that kind of stamina though.
do it

Nah, it's a tool. And tools don't do jack or shit without a person to use it. Guns are designed to shoot things.

Kind of like knifes, knives are designed to cut things. Sometimes fruits and vegetables, animals, and sometimes people.

A car is also a tool.

You have one things wrong. Guns are designed to kill. Guns are designed to make it easier for people to kill.

now post all of the other definitions/uses for firearms. Such as recreation. Just like softball bats are used for both recreation, and as weapons.
What they were originally designed for... if you don't understood the clawfoot tub analogy by now nothing else will help you understand better.

A car is also a tool.

Originally designed to do... not what they are used for. I used a big spoon to help drain the pasta the other day. That is not what the spoon was designed to do 10,000 years ago or whatever before pasta was even invented. A colander was designed to help strain out the water from things.

Sure, a person can use a spoon as a weapon to kill people too... but that is not what it was designed or invented for. Guns were designed to be weapons.

Originally designed to do... not what they are used for. I used a big spoon to help drain the pasta the other day. That is not what the spoon was designed to do 10,000 years ago or whatever before pasta was even invented. A colander was designed to help strain out the water from things.
Originally designed to shoot, or cut, or drive.
Using a tool for the unintended purpose is on the user, not the tool.
Sure, a person can use a spoon as a weapon to kill people too... but that is not what it was designed or invented for. Guns were designed to be weapons.
Guns are a tool, that cannot be used for any purpose without a user.

LOL
Originally designed to shoot, or cut, or drive.
Using a tool for the unintended purpose is on the user, not the tool.

Guns are a tool, that cannot be used for any purpose without a user.

Definition of gun

(Entry 1 of 2)
1a: a piece of ordnance usually with high muzzle velocity and comparatively flat trajectory
b: a portable firearm (such as a rifle or handgun)

Definition of firearm

: a weapon from which a shot is discharged by gunpowder —usually used of small arms

Definition of weapon

(Entry 1 of 2)
1: something (such as a club, knife, or gun) used to injure, defeat, or destroy
2: a means of contending against another

Can't be any more clear than that. Anything else, because if not we are done here.

LOL

Definition of gun

(Entry 1 of 2)
1a: a piece of ordnance usually with high muzzle velocity and comparatively flat trajectory
b: a portable firearm (such as a rifle or handgun)

Definition of firearm

Definition of weapon

(Entry 1 of 2)
1: something (such as a club, knife, or gun) used to injure, defeat, or destroy
2: a means of contending against another

Can't be any more clear than that. Anything else, because if not we are done here.
Go look up how useful a "weapon" is without an end user and get back to me.

Go look up how useful a "weapon" is without an end user and get back to me.
You need to agree that a gun is a weapon before we move on with your Red Herring.

Kinda weak trying to change the subject, to be honest.

What they were originally designed for... if you don't understood the clawfoot tub analogy by now nothing else will help you understand better.
Guns were originally designed to propel a projectile out of the barrel, not to kill someone. It's not my fault you don't know what you are talking about.

Guns were originally designed to propel a projectile out of the barrel, not to kill someone. It's not my fault you don't know what you are talking about.
"They quickly learned the powder could be used in warfare. The then-reigning Song Dynasty is the first to have used gunpowder against the Mongols, whose constant invasions into the country plagued the Chinese throughout the period.

The Chinese attacked the Mongols with fire lances or "flying fire" — arrows fixed with tubes of gunpowder that, when ignited, would propel across enemy lines. More gunpowder-based weapons followed as the Chinese perfected a variety of weapons against the Mongols over the next centuries, including the first cannons and grenades.

By 1350, rudimentary gunpowder cannons were commonplace in the English and French militaries, who used the explosive technology against each other during the Hundred Years' War.

As the centuries continued, new and improved cannons were designed, many of which were small and portable. Eventually the hand cannon was developed in the early 15th century; it was the first real personal firearm. The Ottoman Turks used these and other cannons during the successful siege of Constantinople in 1453. The powerful new weapons essentially rendered traditional walled fortifications of Europe defenseless.

Invention of the Modern Handgun​

Historians generally consider the Chinese fire lance as the first gun. But before the 15th century, guns were tricky to fire — they required both hands and a burning wick to ignite the powder."

"Fourteen people were shot during a party at a Las Vegas hookah lounge early Saturday, including one man who was killed and two others who were critically wounded.

The shooting happened about 3:15 a.m. and preliminary information indicated there was a party during which two people got into an altercation and exchanged gunfire, said police Capt. Dori Koren."

14 shot. Only 1 dead. I guess that's good news?

Why wouldn't it be good news? It could have been 13 dead, one survived.

You're not one much for following logic, are you?

"They quickly learned the powder could be used in warfare. The then-reigning Song Dynasty is the first to have used gunpowder against the Mongols, whose constant invasions into the country plagued the Chinese throughout the period.

The Chinese attacked the Mongols with fire lances or "flying fire" — arrows fixed with tubes of gunpowder that, when ignited, would propel across enemy lines. More gunpowder-based weapons followed as the Chinese perfected a variety of weapons against the Mongols over the next centuries, including the first cannons and grenades.

By 1350, rudimentary gunpowder cannons were commonplace in the English and French militaries, who used the explosive technology against each other during the Hundred Years' War.

As the centuries continued, new and improved cannons were designed, many of which were small and portable. Eventually the hand cannon was developed in the early 15th century; it was the first real personal firearm. The Ottoman Turks used these and other cannons during the successful siege of Constantinople in 1453. The powerful new weapons essentially rendered traditional walled fortifications of Europe defenseless.

Invention of the Modern Handgun​

Historians generally consider the Chinese fire lance as the first gun. But before the 15th century, guns were tricky to fire — they required both hands and a burning wick to ignite the powder."

yep, an object that has many uses, one of which is as a defensive or offensive weapon. Just like a softball bat. Your penchant for self ownage is hilarious.

I think its time for us to seriously discuss the ban of assault hookahs. We need more regulation…

Back
Top Bottom