• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

14 shot at Vegas hookah parlor; 1 dead and 2 critically hurt

Hell, the shithole red states that pass those moronic laws already have such high gun death rates that they wouldn't even notice a few more points...

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/sosmap/firearm_mortality/firearm.htm

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...states-with-strong-laws-see-less-gun-violence
none of these CCW laws have increased firearm deaths. In fact, over the last 30 years, firearms have increased by over 270 million, and CCW is legal in all 50 states (though a handful have strict limitations) and the rate of violent crime and homicides has decreased.

Oh that's lovely. In a hypothetical situation someone "pulls their piece" and starts firing and kills an innocent, and your response is "prepare for consequences?"

Shame that others are injured/killed, but hey - the shooter will face "repercussions" so it's all good.
It’s a big scary world out there. Perhaps you should just stay inside, pull the drapes and hide until the world passes you by?

It’s a big scary world out there. Perhaps you should just stay inside, pull the drapes and hide until the world passes you by?
Perhaps you should aspire to something more original than frustrated forum boi?

Nah.

Millions killed by abortion; libs have no problem. A couple of gang banger get shot and libs scream bloody murder. Who'd a thought it?

They have the suspect in custody and he seems like a fine upstanding member of society
Although the story kind of pushes some important details till the end of the article.
Records show that Wilson, who had several prior felony convictions and uses multiple aliases, pleaded guilty in 2019 to discharging a firearm into a vehicle. He was sentenced to up to 30 months in state prison. That case involved two other defendants.Wilson was previously convicted of killing or maiming an animal and illegal weapon possession in the 2000s.
This man has had his share of run ins with the law. At what point do you stop giving second chances to someone who abuses them? Hopefully after this they will lock him away for good

They have the suspect in custody and he seems like a fine upstanding member of society
Although the story kind of pushes some important details till the end of the article.

This man has had his share of run ins with the law. At what point do you stop giving second chances to someone who abuses them? Hopefully after this they will lock him away for good
he also was committing a federal felony by merely possessing a firearm

That’s on the shooters. If your serious about self defense with a gun continued training is recommended. If you just pull your piece and fire and hit someone prepare for the repercussions.

If one is serious about self-defense, many states aren't serious enough to have any training, let alone "continued" training. No "if". A person serious about gun defense doesn't mean they are serious about training.

Pulling a gun in self-defense, or defense of others, that results in the killing of an innocent may have "repercussions" (no pun intended on your part?), or a finding of "not guilty", for the shooter, but the innocent is still dead. In that case, it's the dead that suffered "repercussion".

Hell, the shithole red states that pass those moronic laws already have such high gun death rates that they wouldn't even notice a few more points...
That's a very interesting point.

The point about people not noticing extra deaths in a state is not meaningless.
I was pointing out that CCW laws have not increased firearm deaths.

I was pointing out that CCW laws have not increased firearm deaths.
Can a person fall in the shower and die if they don't have a shower?

Appears to be the result of an altercation between two party goers. The assailant was a poor shot, from the sounds of it. Lucky for most of those folks.

"Fourteen people were shot during a party at a Las Vegas hookah lounge early Saturday, including one man who was killed and two others who were critically wounded.

The shooting happened about 3:15 a.m. and preliminary information indicated there was a party during which two people got into an altercation and exchanged gunfire, said police Capt. Dori Koren."

14 shot. Only 1 dead. I guess that's good news?
Note to self: Stay the **** out of hookah parlors!

Can you die as a driver in a car wreck if you're never in a car?
My daughter was a car driver and she was struck and killed by a vehicle as she was walking across a street in Utah.

But I am betting that isn't what you meant?

If one is serious about self-defense, many states aren't serious enough to have any training, let alone "continued" training. No "if". A person serious about gun defense doesn't mean they are serious about training.

Pulling a gun in self-defense, or defense of others, that results in the killing of an innocent may have "repercussions" (no pun intended on your part?), or a finding of "not guilty", for the shooter, but the innocent is still dead. In that case, it's the dead that suffered "repercussion".
Like I said a few posts ago, it’s a big scary world out there. one can always lock themselves inside and never come out.

My daughter was a car driver and she was struck and killed by a vehicle as she was walking across a street in Utah.

But I am betting that isn't what you meant?
I'm so sorry to hear that.

none of these CCW laws have increased firearm deaths. In fact, over the last 30 years, firearms have increased by over 270 million, and CCW is legal in all 50 states (though a handful have strict limitations) and the rate of violent crime and homicides has decreased.

The post to which you're replying originated with my post #11, which stated "Plenty of states where no permit to carry a concealed gun is needed nor any training." Your reply is about CCW states, making your post non-sequitur.

Still, you did make a claim, for which you provided no evidence. Very typical on con posters. If you can't support your claim with evidence, that makes your claim unfounded with no need for further debate. Nonetheless, I will provide the evidence which you were too lazy to research to find. Also, quite typical of of con posters:

1647350628178.png

As demonstrated by the above graph, total firearm mortality has increased over the last 20 yrs. Any evidence you have to do with firearm crime and homicide is also non-sequitur.

As for my post regarding states that have no requirement of training or carry permits, states that require training and do not allow permit-less carry are better than the national firearm mortality rate of 15.1. Even those two states that require at least training for permit-less carry are above the national avg:

States Requiring Gun Safety Training
States Requiring Gun Safety Training for Permitless Carry
• California
8.5​
Alaska
23.5​
• Connecticut
6​
Kansas
16.9​
• Maryland
13.5​
• Massachusetts
7​
• Rhode Island
5.1​
• Washington
10.9​
=
6​
States=
2​
States
=
0​
States over nat'l avg.=
2​
States over nat'l avg.
=
0.0%​
States over nat'l avg.=
100.0%​
States over nat'l avg.
Which States Require Gun Safety Courses? (gunsafetytrainingpro.com)
Stats of the States - Firearm Mortality (cdc.gov)

Your post is a total fail. Also typical of con posters.

Back
Top Bottom