• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

11 Trillion Reasons To Fear Joe Biden's Presidency

PoS

Minister of Love
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian

He's proposing $11 trillion in brand new spending over the next decade, according to the Manhattan Institute's Brian Riedl. Big-ticket new items include $1.4 trillion to expand Obamacare; $2 trillion on his version of a Green New Deal; jacking Social Security and Supplemental Security Income by $1 trillion; and goosing spending on preschool, K-12, and higher education by $1.5 trillion. Biden has also signed on to a $3.3 trillion stimulus spending plan pushed by House and Senate Democrats.

All of this new spending would be layered on top of an existing annual federal budget that has swelled to nearly $7 trillion in fiscal year 2020, from a record-high yet relatively cheap $4.4 trillion in 2019. To pay for this new largess, Biden has laid out $3.6 trillion in tax hikes over the coming decade, resulting in what Riedl says is "the largest permanent tax increase since World War II." Much of the new revenue would come from boosting corporate income taxes back to what they were before Republicans lowered them during Trump's first year in office. Yet despite all the hikes, Biden would still manage to increase the national debt (and thus depress long-term economic growth) by about $5.6 trillion between 2021 and 2030, according to the Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget.

Yup. Prepare for massive spending and tax increases. This is the hell the dems will be putting forth. CA and NY is already out of cash because of dem leadership, and so will the rest of America.

I voted LP, but if you dont like third parties, then vote Trump- anything but Creepy Joe.

Yup. Prepare for massive spending and tax increases. This is the hell the dems will be putting forth. CA and NY is already out of cash because of dem leadership, and so will the rest of America.

I voted LP, but if you dont like third parties, then vote Trump- anything but Creepy Joe.
Wow sounds great

Putting aside the fact that this guy always defends Trump and attacks Biden, putting aside the fact that Trump had us borrowing over a trillion a year in the "best economy ever" and will hand Biden a 3.1 trillion deficit, let's take a look at the delusional platform this guy claims he just voted for.

One policy - one single policy - of the Libertarian Party would single-handedly destroy America as a nation. What's that? Voluntary Taxation. A hippie pipe dream about how if we do not collect taxes but rather ask nicely, people will bask in their freedoms, give money, and everything will be hunky-dory.

When you pay taxes, do you do so voluntarily? Or do you do so because you are forced to do so? If you don’t pay your taxes, what will happen? Will you be fined further? Harassed by the IRS or other government entities? Jailed? The Libertarian Party is fundamentally opposed to the use of force to coerce people into doing anything. We think it is inherently wrong and should have no role in a civilized society. Thus we think that government forcing people to pay taxes is inherently wrong. Libertarians advocate for voluntary exchange, where people are free to make their own choices about what to do with their lives, their time, their bodies, their livelihood, and their dollars. If Americans want to give money to the government for one reason or another, they should be free to do so. If Americans prefer to spend their money on other things, then they should be free to do that also.

Think about those last few sentences.

Voluntary taxation only. Immediately, all creditors would cut off the federal government. Nobody is going to loan money to a government that relies on donations. So, implement that moronic policy and instantly the federal government is insolvent. What happens with a suddenly insolvent federal government that cannot back its currency? Poof goes that government.

Meanwhile, states don't have the power to create or back their own currency. Splat goes economic activity - literally, all of it, on the world stage - reduced to bartering.

You wanna listen to someone fear-monger about Biden raising taxes on the upper crust - an upper crust that repeatedly got tax cuts from the GOP leading to our existing deficits - from a guy who voted for a party with a platform position that would without exaggeration end the United States of America?

I could go on, but basically, the LP platform sounds like a fifth grader's Lord of the Flies fantasy. It boils down to "government should basically do just about nothing, and people should be able to do as they please." It read like anarchy lite.

Clue: that ain't utopia. Government steps out like that, someone else steps in, and that someone else is going to be your newer meaner government. Communes don't work except on the smallest of scales.

And um, what's wrong with paying for what we spend? If we can't cut spending, then we've got to raise taxes. Duh. Otherwise we're borrowing against our childrens' and grandchildrens' future.

What kind of person is glad Trump had us borrowing even further against their descendents' future, just because it meant they could buy an extra smartphone every year? Trump and Bush tax cuts need to go.

OP would be right if Joe Biden was running for dictator of America.

Joe Biden can't do anything without congress. Congress has the money.

Very true. Tax cuts AND tax increases are run by congress and not the president. If we don't like the tax cuts that occurred during Trump's presidency we should blame Congress and not the president. If we won't like tax increases during a Biden presidency then we should blame the Congress. If we don't like how our money is spent, blame Congress.

However we shouldn't also forget the president signs the spending bills too.

Putting aside the fact that this guy always defends Trump and attacks Biden, putting aside the fact that Trump had us borrowing over a trillion a year in the "best economy ever" and will hand Biden a 3.1 trillion deficit, let's take a look at the delusional platform this guy claims he just voted for.

One policy - one single policy - of the Libertarian Party would single-handedly destroy America as a nation. What's that? Voluntary Taxation. A hippie pipe dream about how if we do not collect taxes but rather ask nicely, people will bask in their freedoms, give money, and everything will be hunky-dory.

LOL strawman fallacy. You sure are predictable.

And I voted for Jo Jorgensen, who is a woman, not a guy- way to confirm your ignorance once again. LMAO.

Wow, PoS, this thread is really working out well for you :)
Yup, its attracting all the nutty tax and spend libruls who show their true colors. I love it! :LOL:

Wait wait wait wait.

You didn't vote for Trump? Seriously? You've been on here promoting him for years and you didn't actually vote for him?

strawman fallacy

Scared to actually debate? Figures.

herp derp fallacies

stalking fallacies

Oh. Sorry. Maybe you just can't. That would explain why you are proud to vote for a party of imbeciles that does not realize that if we adopted its policy of voluntary taxation, no nation or bank would lend us money, and we would become immediately insolvent.

:ROFLMAO:

It's like they never heard of the articles of confederation and how that worked out.

Nobody told you who to vote for, so how ‘bout you doing the same?
2976D1A3-9D25-4258-973B-1A1A7EEA0E26.png

Scared to actually debate? Figures.
Debate what? Your strawman fallacy about libertarian lies when the thread is about Joe Biden? Sorry, nobody will play your lying game but you. Derp more.

Debate what?

Well, you have to actually read the thread instead of running to troll me to find that out. Start here:

When you pay taxes, do you do so voluntarily? Or do you do so because you are forced to do so? If you don’t pay your taxes, what will happen? Will you be fined further? Harassed by the IRS or other government entities? Jailed? The Libertarian Party is fundamentally opposed to the use of force to coerce people into doing anything. We think it is inherently wrong and should have no role in a civilized society. Thus we think that government forcing people to pay taxes is inherently wrong. Libertarians advocate for voluntary exchange, where people are free to make their own choices about what to do with their lives, their time, their bodies, their livelihood, and their dollars. If Americans want to give money to the government for one reason or another, they should be free to do so. If Americans prefer to spend their money on other things, then they should be free to do that also.

Think about those last few sentences.

Voluntary taxation only. Immediately, all creditors would cut off the federal government. Nobody is going to loan money to a government that relies on donations. So, implement that moronic policy and instantly the federal government is insolvent. What happens with a suddenly insolvent federal government that cannot back its currency? Poof goes that government.

Meanwhile, states don't have the power to create or back their own currency. Splat goes economic activity - literally, all of it, on the world stage - reduced to bartering.

You wanna listen to someone fear-monger about Biden raising taxes on the upper crust - an upper crust that repeatedly got tax cuts from the GOP leading to our existing deficits - from a guy who voted for a party with a platform position that would without exaggeration end the United States of America?

I could go on, but basically, the LP platform sounds like a fifth grader's Lord of the Flies fantasy. It boils down to "government should basically do just about nothing, and people should be able to do as they please." It read like anarchy lite.

Clue: that ain't utopia. Government steps out like that, someone else steps in, and that someone else is going to be your newer meaner government. Communes don't work except on the smallest of scales.

Of course, I would not be surprised if you literally cannot comprehend the fact that in a presidential election, people compare all candidates and will thus just continue to prosecutor this moronic trolling campaign against me.

Now lets do a zillion reasons not to VOTE for Trump.

Well, you have to actually read the thread instead of running to troll me to find that out. Start here:

Of course, I would not be surprised if you literally cannot comprehend the fact that in a presidential election, people compare all candidates and will thus just continue to prosecutor this moronic trolling campaign against me.
Repeating your strawman fallacy does not legitimize your bullshit. Try again.

LOL strawman fallacy. You sure are predictable.

And I voted for Jo Jorgensen, who is a woman, not a guy- way to confirm your ignorance once again. LMAO.

Yup, its attracting all the nutty tax and spend libruls who show their true colors. I love it! :LOL:

Genuinely curious as to what you think would happen if taxes were voluntary?

from Republicans never a word about a republican president's deficit spending

but listen to the wailing and nashing of teeth about a democrats deficits

How many TRILLION would Trump have to do for you to start noticing TRUMPS TRILLIONS?

Back
Top Bottom