• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

‘Never seen it this bad’: America faces catastrophic teacher shortage

Too much stuff. Do just one or two links per post.

By the way, how does anyone know how many illegals are in our jails when no one keeps track cause..........racism?
Texas keeps track of legal and illegal immigrant jail count. You would know that if you had read the article.

"The teacher shortage in America has hit crisis levels — and school officials everywhere are scrambling to ensure that, as students return to classrooms, someone will be there to educate them.

“I have never seen it this bad,” Dan Domenech, executive director of the School Superintendents Association, said of the teacher shortage. “Right now it’s number one on the list of issues that are concerning school districts ... necessity is the mother of invention, and hard-pressed districts are going to have to come up with some solutions.”

Why are America’s schools so short-staffed? Experts point to a confluence of factors including pandemic-induced teacher exhaustion, low pay and some educators’ sense that politicians and parents — and sometimes their own school board members — have little respect for their profession amid an escalating educational culture war that has seen many districts and states pass policies and laws restricting what teachers can say about U.S. history, race, racism, gender and sexual orientation, as well as LGBTQ issues."

Link

Teachers have been demonized for years but politicians getting involved with what goes on UN the classroom, something we see in authoritarian countries, has made it decidedly worse.
I'll bet the good teachers are tired of all the rules placed on them, and being forced to indoctrinate our children.

Of course many who were eligible to retire, probably did whe COVID restrictions were enacted. We had many people do that where I work.

Texas keeps track of legal and illegal immigrant jail count. You would know that if you had read the article.
They do? They must be an outlier.

PS. Not gonna read 5 links.

Try telling that to x million Americans who are happy with who they are. Some proud POC have "inherently" performed very well thank you very much 👌
Melting pot dude. MELT.
You don't move to the US with the mindset that you are who you are and that is it and you aren't changing or adapting, IF you want to succeed in that culture.
You wouldn't do it in ANY other country that you moved to, from the US either.

Also, as to the bolded, those people aren't the ones that need to adjust, they already have. What percentage do you think that is?

Last edited:
Melting pot dude. MELT.
You don't move to the US with the mindset that you are who you are and that is it and you aren't changing or adapting, IF you want to succeed in that culture.
You wouldn't do it in ANY other country that you moved to, from the US either.

Also, as to the bolded, those people aren't the ones that need to adjust, they already have. What percentage do you think that is?

melting pot is just a phrase. You have a lot of SHOULD talk. Go ahead, tell them what they should do . Go ahead, start a fight with them over your imagination. Conformity is not particularly part of the American experience. So go tell them to get it together and conform to.... who?

They do? They must be an outlier.

PS. Not gonna read 5 links.

PS......as previous stated, everyone knows you aren’t reading any of it so cut the crap.

Or muster up the courage to face reality instead of the lies you love so much.

melting pot is just a phrase. You have a lot of SHOULD talk. Go ahead, tell them what they should do . Go ahead, start a fight with them over your imagination. Conformity is not particularly part of the American experience. So go tell them to get it together and conform to.... who?
To the dominant culture. To the characteristics that result in success, HERE in the US.

Education, being on time, waiting to have a family, having a stable relationship etc etc

A lot of those characteristics have been labeled 'whiteness' and fought against, to the detriment of a lot of folks.

To the dominant culture. To the characteristics that result in success, HERE in the US.

Education, being on time, waiting to have a family, having a stable relationship etc etc

A lot of those characteristics have been labeled 'whiteness' and fought against, to the detriment of a lot of folks.

Does anyone own a culture? Do you own the dominant culture, like it's yours and you control the culture of our country, that's if theres a single culture of this country? It's often funny to me when I go to Guatemala and I'm the only light colored person in a huge crowd of pitch black hair and eyes.

The US is what is has always been. Go ahead, try to change it. Start a fight about something I wouldn't worry about.

PS......as previous stated, everyone knows you aren’t reading any of it so cut the crap.

Or muster up the courage to face reality instead of the lies you love so much.
Another poster here just posted 3 links on a different thread. I had some free time so I looked at the first one, breaking my own rules. It was dated from 2013 and the poster was posting this as if this was happening now! Most posters don't even read their own links or, at best, just skim through them.

The narrative that teachers are not paid enough is not true. Look at all the jobs posting and the jobs most individuals work at. Most are nowhere near the salary of what a teacher makes and the benefits they get too. It's the environment. Public spending needs to quit being viewed as a jobs program for the well-connected. And needs to start being available to all individuals that are willing and capable. Also, quit paying for administrators. They offer nothing of value and are much more expensive than a teacher.

Next, American teens are ****ed. Their attitudes are ****ed. They, if paying attention, know they are ****ed out of high school. The job market and livability of American society is going down.

The narrative that teachers are not paid enough is not true. Look at all the jobs posting and the jobs most individuals work at. Most are nowhere near the salary of what a teacher makes and the benefits they get too. It's the environment. Public spending needs to quit being viewed as a jobs program for the well-connected. And needs to start being available to all individuals that are willing and capable. Also, quit paying for administrators. They offer nothing of value and are much more expensive than a teacher.

Next, American teens are ****ed. Their attitudes are ****ed. They, if paying attention, know they are ****ed out of high school. The job market and livability of American society is going down.
What people don't factor in is that they work only 9 months of the year and get to retire at 55 and the procedures to fire one are so burdensome they don't bother.

Their "threats" are if someone uses a loud voice or disagrees with their power.
Not true at all...I guess threatening people is like breathing to the Right.

Another poster here just posted 3 links on a different thread. I had some free time so I looked at the first one, breaking my own rules. It was dated from 2013 and the poster was posting this as if this was happening now! Most posters don't even read their own links or, at best, just skim through them.
Yes, this is the government way. Protect government workers from reality and keep it that way. The majority don't understand, most people would be better off if they had the same rights as government workers.

You are right. It will be costly, but if we don't do it the countries that are spending what it takes to have an educated population no matter their color, religion, life style or economic status, will be surpassing us in more ways than just education.
yup.....China is far ahead of us and the world in education in the sciences and engineering......if they could just rid themselves of that pesky communism thing......that being said China's combination of allowing a mix of capitalism and communism has enriched millions of Chinese......their cities and infrastructure and their commitment to education is making many Chinese to realize that the free world has little to offer that they don't already have......

Does anyone own a culture? Do you own the dominant culture, like it's yours and you control the culture of our country, that's if theres a single culture of this country? It's often funny to me when I go to Guatemala and I'm the only light colored person in a huge crowd of pitch black hair and eyes.
Nope, I am not the one setting up the culture but to act like one isn't established is folly.
The US is what is has always been. Go ahead, try to change it. Start a fight about something I wouldn't worry about.

Nope, I am not the one setting up the culture but to act like one isn't established is folly.
Yes, Hispanic culture in the rio grande valley is well established. It was established before white immigrants arrived and signed contracts with the Republic of Mexico, in which they promised to be Catholic.

Yes there's a thriving Asian culture in many urban areas. I'm proud of them. What difference does it make if they celebrate lunar New Year? They have established themselves.

Black people have a reason for pride in themselves, their culture has differences that I respect. Marsalis, Thelonius Monk, Coltrane, Armstrong, Fitzgerald, Ellington, all geniuses. I'm proud of America because I'm proud of them.

Yes there's an established and thriving multicultural part of America and it tells our story.

Why are you going to dictate what the dominant culture demands .Why would I chose to embrace the differences and you want to claim everybody should conform to your world view.Why is this an issue for you?

You can celebrate your culture too.🙂 It won't be replaced.

Methinks it's because any prospective teacher doesn't want to join the wokeness madness.
Methinks you just like going around trolling threads.

Not one of your statements has any links or sources to show that they are anything more than a figment of a RWE's feverish mind
I know of a few teachers that were attacked by right wingers during school board meetings and just said it's not worth teaching any more.

And went and got jobs that paid more without the hassles.

This is happening all over the country.

It happened at our BoE last fall.

And I have little doubt that the GOP and the right wing noise machine are going to ramp up a race baiting campaign scaring the white folk over critical race theory.

And the pitchfork and hood crowd will be back at BoE meetings, and threatening teachers again, like they did last fall.

These are people who don’t care about the damage they might do, and who revel in the mistrust they instill.

Yes, Hispanic culture in the rio grande valley is well established. It was established before white immigrants arrived and signed contracts with the Republic of Mexico, in which they promised to be Catholic.

Yes there's a thriving Asian culture in many urban areas. I'm proud of them. What difference does it make if they celebrate lunar New Year? They have established themselves.
Uh, it doesn't? Is that a factor of success? Working hours, educational levels, baby making, these are the things that drive success, not celebration of a holiday.
Black people have a reason for pride in themselves, their culture has differences that I respect. Marsalis, Thelonius Monk, Coltrane, Armstrong, Fitzgerald, Ellington, all geniuses. I'm proud of America because I'm proud of them.
Ok.
Yes there's an established and thriving multicultural part of America and it tells our story.
Again, ok. Does their culture allow them to find success in the US? If so, good on them. If it doesn't, then maybe they need to rethink the adherence to something that is costing them.
Why are you going to dictate what the dominant culture demands .Why would I chose to embrace the differences and you want to claim everybody should conform to your world view.Why is this an issue for you?
I'm not dictating anything.
You can celebrate your culture too.🙂 It won't be replaced.
Celebration is NOT at issue here. Celebrate the culture you came with all you want. If those cultural mores help drive you to success here, then great. If they do not, revisit them.

Uh, it doesn't? Is that a factor of success? Working hours, educational levels, baby making, these are the things that drive success, not celebration of a holiday.

Ok.

Again, ok. Does their culture allow them to find success in the US? If so, good on them. If it doesn't, then maybe they need to rethink the adherence to something that is costing them.

I'm not dictating anything.

Celebration is NOT at issue here. Celebrate the culture you came with all you want. If those cultural mores help drive you to success here, then great. If they do not, revisit them.
Culture must have a pragmatic justification??? Culture must be justified by criteria of economic- ...??, what the hell???

Who told you that? Culture is not wrong, culture is not guilty or inadequate. Culture is not superior, culture isn't just food or music , it's how people identify themselves, not what you wish they were.

Culture must have a pragmatic justification??? Culture must be justified by criteria of economic- ...??, what the hell???
Dude, your entire disconnect is because you keep thinking their is a judgement, AT ALL. There isn't.
Culture can be celebrated. But if part of that culture is causing you to have economic hardships, if you want to keep on celebrating that then go ahead. But stop bitching about it.
Who told you that? Culture is not wrong, culture is not guilty or inadequate. Culture is not superior, culture isn't just food or music , it's how people identify themselves, not what you wish they were.

Dude, your entire disconnect is because you keep thinking their is a judgement, AT ALL. There isn't.
Culture can be celebrated. But if part of that culture is causing you to have economic hardships, if you want to keep on celebrating that then go ahead. But stop bitching about it.

Some proud POC have "inherently" performed very well thank you very much 👌

Back
Top Bottom