• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

‘It’d be my honour’: The Rock responds to poll showing 46% of people want him to run for president

‘I don’t think our Founding Fathers ever envisioned a six-four, bald, tattooed, half-Black, half-Samoan, tequila drinking, pick up truck driving, fanny pack wearing guy joining their club’

Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson has responded to a poll that suggests almost half of Americans would be keen to see him launch a presidential bid - describing the results of the survey as “humbling”.

In a post to Instagram on Saturday, the film star and former wrestler shared an article featuring the quote: “At least 46 percent of Americans would support a presidential run from Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson”.

“Humbling,” he wrote. “I don’t think our Founding Fathers EVER envisioned a six-four, bald, tattooed, half-Black, half-Samoan, tequila drinking, pick up truck driving, fanny pack wearing guy joining their club – but if it ever happens it’d be my honour to serve you, the people.”

The poll, from piplsay, asked 30,138 people their opinion on which celebrities they would like to see as president; with The Rock polling well as a future occupant of the White House.
=======================================================

I don't know but he would probably be better than Trump the cultist.
Better how?

No. Being corrupt - your word - is not a qualification.
I didn't say anything about corruption being a qualification.
But having a career in politics can make one qualified.
It can... my point was that for most it hasn't.
Like it or not, understanding politics, political history, government protocols, government organization, diplomacy, legislation, compromise, et al, are all qualifications.
Like it or not none of those things require past political experience in order to be an effective politician.
Nothing can get done if you have no idea how things work.
That is what they say about being successful at corruption as well.

I didn't say anything about corruption being a qualification.
You tried, and failed, to put words in my mouth when you wrote: " You think that these corrupt career politicians are "qualified" to be in the Oval Office?" I merely corrected your nonsense.
It can...
We agree that it can.
Like it or not none of those things require past political experience in order to be an effective politician.
It would be a start, as having none of those things can make one a demonstrably ineffective politician. Some education in our political system is required, and being educable at least would be a helpful baseline. But the highest office in the land requires more than just on-the-job-training to be competent. You cannot 'work' at government if you don't know how government works.
That is what they say about being successful at corruption as well.
An altogether different topic.

The Rock responds to poll showing 46% of people want him to run for president

I find that frightening. What is it about so many Americans who want unqualified people in the Oval Office?

We like to be entertained by familiar faces who convince us that they represent what we wish we could be.

You tried, and failed, to put words in my mouth when you wrote: " You think that these corrupt career politicians are "qualified" to be in the Oval Office?" I merely corrected your nonsense.

We agree that it can.

It would be a start, as having none of those things can make one a demonstrably ineffective politician. Some education in our political system is required, and being educable at least would be a helpful baseline. But the highest office in the land requires more than just on-the-job-training to be competent. You cannot 'work' at government if you don't know how government works.

An altogether different topic.
You are starting to take things out of context... sounds like the argument is over.

‘I don’t think our Founding Fathers ever envisioned a six-four, bald, tattooed, half-Black, half-Samoan, tequila drinking, pick up truck driving, fanny pack wearing guy joining their club’

Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson has responded to a poll that suggests almost half of Americans would be keen to see him launch a presidential bid - describing the results of the survey as “humbling”.

In a post to Instagram on Saturday, the film star and former wrestler shared an article featuring the quote: “At least 46 percent of Americans would support a presidential run from Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson”.

“Humbling,” he wrote. “I don’t think our Founding Fathers EVER envisioned a six-four, bald, tattooed, half-Black, half-Samoan, tequila drinking, pick up truck driving, fanny pack wearing guy joining their club – but if it ever happens it’d be my honour to serve you, the people.”

The poll, from piplsay, asked 30,138 people their opinion on which celebrities they would like to see as president; with The Rock polling well as a future occupant of the White House.

No, that is exactly what it would be and the only possible reason he would win - a cult of personality. He has absolutely no even business basis to be president. It would singularly be a matter of personality.

I guess he could do no worse that President OrangeGlow.

That is the standard most Democrats seem to require of their candidate. Just don't be Trump. Since no one is Trump but Trump, there is no standard whatsoever other than who the MSM, newspaper and Big Tech news - all owned and controlled by globalist plutocrats - tell them to vote for.

That is the standard most Democrats seem to require of their candidate. Just don't be Trump. Since no one is Trump but Trump, there is no standard whatsoever other than who the MSM, newspaper and Big Tech news - all owned and controlled by globalist plutocrats - tell them to vote for.

That is a bit of a stretch sir.

Trump was made possible by Republican ideological factionism, our real issue is the gates were opened to ‘Celebrity Status’ as qualification for President decades ago.

He should stick to Wrestling and Movies..... Entertainment Popularity makes people "crazy enough to think they can lead a nation". Then there Matthew David McConaughey who gained media and entertainment popularity and has money, makes him crazy enough to think he can lead a State.

People are gullible enough to buy into this. Almost anyone can "Act", people do it all day everyday, and if they stand in the arena with someone coaching their delivery, we've seen Chimpanzees Act on cue of a animal trainer.... We even saw for years, Lassie do thing on cue based on the set dog trainers work.

America People are "Desperately" in need of Nation Wide Civic Education, to learn and understand what is A Nation, The Federal Government, and 50 Individual States, and The 300+ Million... Distorted and Civically Under-Educated Society of People, who have very little understanding of Civil Values, Principles, and Laws of Governance; and these Entertainer certainly don't know anything about Geo-Politics of International Relations.

Trump should have been more than enough to show America that TV Entertainer are not equipped or knowledgeable nor do they have experience within Public Service s within Governing.
These people give a few dollars to Charity and think that makes them qualified. They travel to other countries, getting their ass kissed because they are an entertainer and got money and studio's paying their expense, and they have the wild audacity to think they know about Foreign Countries.

Nothing about Presiding Over The Nation is a whimsical endeavor. These entertainers have read too much of their own publicity !!!!!

That is a bit of a stretch sir.

Trump was made possible by Republican ideological factionism, our real issue is the gates were opened to ‘Celebrity Status’ as qualification for President decades ago.

Do you think such as AOC, Pelosi and the Democratic Party power structure and MSM would go for him? He's known in Democratic circles as a big Democratic candidates supporter.

Do you think such as AOC, Pelosi and the Democratic Party power structure and MSM would go for him? He's known in Democratic circles as a big Democratic candidates supporter.

No, I do not.

No, that is exactly what it would be and the only possible reason he would win - a cult of personality. He has absolutely no even business basis to be president. It would singularly be a matter of personality.
Hey, you guys turned the President of the United States into an entry-level position in government. Didn't turn out too good but the nose is in the tent.

Hey, you guys turned the President of the United States into an entry-level position in government. Didn't turn out too good but the nose is in the tent.
I didn't evaluate "The RocK" as president.

Oh my... this is breaking news?
The Rock for president? Just plain silly stuff.

It would be less complicated that being a CEO or investment banker or lawyer, or something. There are experts all over the place advising, etc.

You failed to address what I said... *shrug*
??HUH?? No. I addressed everything worth addressing, and went line for line on your post #27 - and then you claimed my responses were "out of context" and declared the argument over. If that means you've got no more argument to make, I'm not surprised.

The poll asked which celebrity they would like to see as president.. So I don't think the poll means much if anything. Now if the poll asked who would you like or want to see as our next president and Johnson garnered 46%, now that would mean something. But out of just a group of celebrities, no.

Im a HUGE rock fan . . HUGE . . from what I can tell the dude seems to be an AWESOME person. THing he has done are amazing. IMO he represents so many things a human being should be.

That be said . . . .NO THANKS

In general Id like a person just like him but somebody also QUALIFIED and with SOME experience

I know I know, the election of Donnie showed us anything is possible, any unqualified nutter could be elected . . i get it. ANd yes Dwayne would easily be better BUT that should not be the bar. Too many years of lesser of the two evils are what got us where we are now and Id like the standard to be higher, please. If anything should motivate us to set the Bar higher all that we have to do is look at how horrible and huge of a failure Donnie was for this country and the damage he did that we will be fixing for years.

Again lets set the bar higher

??HUH?? No. I addressed everything worth addressing, and went line for line on your post #27 - and then you claimed my responses were "out of context"
Was I supposed to claim that your response was out of context before you made it? LOL

Back
Top Bottom