• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

‘It’d be my honour’: The Rock responds to poll showing 46% of people want him to run for president

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

‘I don’t think our Founding Fathers ever envisioned a six-four, bald, tattooed, half-Black, half-Samoan, tequila drinking, pick up truck driving, fanny pack wearing guy joining their club’

Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson has responded to a poll that suggests almost half of Americans would be keen to see him launch a presidential bid - describing the results of the survey as “humbling”.

In a post to Instagram on Saturday, the film star and former wrestler shared an article featuring the quote: “At least 46 percent of Americans would support a presidential run from Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson”.

“Humbling,” he wrote. “I don’t think our Founding Fathers EVER envisioned a six-four, bald, tattooed, half-Black, half-Samoan, tequila drinking, pick up truck driving, fanny pack wearing guy joining their club – but if it ever happens it’d be my honour to serve you, the people.”

The poll, from piplsay, asked 30,138 people their opinion on which celebrities they would like to see as president; with The Rock polling well as a future occupant of the White House.
=======================================================

I don't know but he would probably be better than Trump the cultist.

Fareed Zakaria- but I don’t think he was born in the US. Too bad.

Jon Stewart.
Honestly? The only non-politician without elected experience that I would even remotely consider voting for. Say what you want about his partisanship, but that dude is genuine and “walks the walk” as regards causes he’s passionate about

America, honey.

If you are going to be the laughing stock again, lets at least give the job to comedians like Burr and Chapelle.

Okay?

America, honey.

If you are going to be the laughing stock again, lets at least give the job to comedians like Burr and Chapelle.

Okay?
Bill Burr would be great.
His campaign slogan would be Take No Shit.

‘I don’t think our Founding Fathers ever envisioned a six-four, bald, tattooed, half-Black, half-Samoan, tequila drinking, pick up truck driving, fanny pack wearing guy joining their club’

Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson has responded to a poll that suggests almost half of Americans would be keen to see him launch a presidential bid - describing the results of the survey as “humbling”.

In a post to Instagram on Saturday, the film star and former wrestler shared an article featuring the quote: “At least 46 percent of Americans would support a presidential run from Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson”.

“Humbling,” he wrote. “I don’t think our Founding Fathers EVER envisioned a six-four, bald, tattooed, half-Black, half-Samoan, tequila drinking, pick up truck driving, fanny pack wearing guy joining their club – but if it ever happens it’d be my honour to serve you, the people.”

The poll, from piplsay, asked 30,138 people their opinion on which celebrities they would like to see as president; with The Rock polling well as a future occupant of the White House.

why not? Then the Pubs could run Candace Owens and the whole show would be awesome!

Bill Burr would be great.
His campaign slogan would be Take No Shit.

President Chapelle feels right. Chapelle put Burr on his show when Burr had hair.

The Rock responds to poll showing 46% of people want him to run for president

I find that frightening. What is it about so many Americans who want unqualified people in the Oval Office?
Qualified? You think that these corrupt career politicians are "qualified" to be in the Oval Office? LOL

America, honey.

Okay?
Chris Rock would be a great President.

I guess he could do no worse that President OrangeGlow.

The Rock responds to poll showing 46% of people want him to run for president

I find that frightening. What is it about so many Americans who want unqualified people in the Oval Office?

It seems like people were shown a list of celebs and asked to pick one. It might be that they chose this gentleman (of whom I have never heard) on the basis that he was the least absurd. This procedure does not indicate that 46% of Americans ''want him to run for president''.

So the Rock was actually on the "isidewith" Presidential poll early on in 2020, not too long after Biden was shown to be the nominee for the Democratic Party. When I took that poll, it turned out that I matched up with Dawayne Johnson on the issues more than any other person on there who actually was running, on the ticket/would be on the ticket (Biden was 3rd for me, with one of the other "liberal" but specialized Party candidates being 2nd).

Last edited:
Qualified? You think that these corrupt career politicians are "qualified" to be in the Oval Office? LOL
No. Being corrupt - your word - is not a qualification. But having a career in politics can make one qualified.
Like it or not, understanding politics, political history, government protocols, government organization, diplomacy, legislation, compromise, et al, are all qualifications. Nothing can get done if you have no idea how things work.

No. Being corrupt - your word - is not a qualification. But having a career in politics can make one qualified.
Like it or not, understanding politics, political history, government protocols, government organization, diplomacy, legislation, compromise, et al, are all qualifications. Nothing can get done if you have no idea how things work.
This I definitely agree with. I wouldn't mind having people with fresh ideas in office, so long as they are also flexible to recognizing that there are things that, even if they should change, cannot change overnight, with a single representative.

Back
Top Bottom