• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

‘A Total Failure’: The Proud Boys Now Mock Trump

I think a lot of fundamental christians still back Trump.

Radicalization and pandering work to create a cult. They already see themselves as radical and outside society in ways, and are used to having mainstream leaders keep[ them at arm's distance, so when con men like Bush and trump come pandering, they are very vulnerable.

Trump worked hard at limiting the freedom of the press and pushing the lie that the media is the enemy of the people rather than a valuable independent institution. He tried to limit the voice and vote of opposition and spouted that those who disagree with him are a threat to our country. These are authoritarian traits. Authoritarians also fear diversity and Trump fed tons of that fear to his base. That racial, religious and ethnic diversity is a clear and present threat to national security. You don't comprehend any of that though because you're sympathetic to authoritarian personalities based on your posts.
The smearers of Trump are lying again.:rolleyes: Trump never limited the freedom of the press. Trump just told the press to go about their business in an unbiased manner (which the current press can't do).:rolleyes:

As far as I know, both Trump and PBs are authoritarians, so I am not sure of the reason behind your comment.
The reason is that he doesnt know the actual definition of the word 'authoritarian' nor then of course, how to use it properly.

Generally speaking...people that he disagrees with are 'authoritarians.'

Trump worked hard at limiting the freedom of the press and pushing the lie that the media is the enemy of the people rather than a valuable independent institution. He tried to limit the voice and vote of opposition and spouted that those who disagree with him are a threat to our country. These are authoritarian traits. Authoritarians also fear diversity and Trump fed tons of that fear to his base. That racial, religious and ethnic diversity is a clear and present threat to national security. You don't comprehend any of that though because you're sympathetic to authoritarian personalities based on your posts.

Obama did far more to undermine the press than Trump but nobody ever speaks of it, especially liberals.

Authoritarians like The Proud Boys and ANTIFA, for examples, hate libertarians like Trump. You should know this.:rolleyes:

Tin pot dictators hate libertarians like Trump, too.

tenor.gif

Trump doesn't have a libertarian bone in his body.

lol

The Proud Boys adored Trump -- until they realized he did not have their back, and did not intend to declare martial law in an attempt to seize power.

As to ANTIFA being "authoritarian?" lol! Aside from the fact that there are probably fewer ANTIFA than there are Proud Boys.... that handful of gutter punks who like to beat up Neo-Nazis are... wait for it... predominantly anarchists. I.e. it's pretty much impossible to be authoritarian, when you want to abolish all government.

lol... Well, Trump must be the shittiest "libertarian" that ever lived. He micromanaged corporations, including Carrier and NBC and GM and Ford and Boeing and dozens of others. He dramatically increased spending. For all his abject failures doing nothing about COVID, he still managed to spend massive amounts on vaccine development. He cozied up to theocrats. He opposed same-sex marriage. The list goes on.

lol... Oh, he "allowed" it? Was that before or after he demanded that athletes who took a knee before sporting events should be fired? Before or after he told the Squad -- whose members are US citizens -- to leave the US? And what do you think he could have done? Do you think he could have arrested AOC, perhaps?

Wow. That's your proof that he isn't authoritarian? Are you even remotely serious?

Here's just a few items he pulled from the Authoritarian Playbook.
He...

• Wants maximum power with minimum responsibility
• Deliberately undermines the legitimacy of the government, especially other branches
• Attacks the press
• Violates norms, constantly, to his advantage
• Exploits and widens political and partisan divisions
• Unleashes a firehose of lies and disinformation, on a daily basis
• Demands one-way loyalty from everyone
• Refuses to accept electoral defeat
• Tries to subvert judicial independence
• Proclaims he favors "law and order," while actually disregarding and subverting the rule of law
• Makes a big show of military trappings (remember when he wanted a Communist-style military parade?)
• Indulges in rampant corruption and self-dealing
• Encourages conspiracy theories and empower conspiracy theorists

Now, I will say that Trump is an inept and lily-livered loser of an authoritarian. But just because he sucks at being authoritarian, that doesn't magically change who he is.

Oh, you mean, like the Republicans? Who want to punish social media companies that don't moderate the way they demand? Yeah, gotta agree with you on that one.

lol.... Yeah, they "resisted" by... voting for Democrats in 2018, and for Biden in 2020. Wow. What disrespect!!!

Uh, no. They want him prosecuted for inciting an attack on Congress, and anything else illegal that he's done.

Coming from a guy who doesn't realize that anarchists can't be authoritarians, that sounds like a compliment.
Wow. Your whole post is an indictment of our current misuse of the rule of law...What I mean is, laws which are meant to be applied equally to everyone regardless of their political standing and power, for examples, are being applied by those, like yourself, to prosecute those you disagree with and not applied by those, like yourself, to those you are in agreement with....and that is what an authoritarian typically does...I digress (not the first time in this post).

BTW what Trump did in some instances of your post wasn't authoritarian even though they seemed authoritarian - to an authoritarian, like yourself - because all Trump did was constitutional (and what wasn't constitutional he didn't do). See, an authoritarian wouldn't care about the constitutionality of anything...Like the resistors of Trump's presidency based on ideological grounds, for example.:rolleyes: The Constitution is the only document in American gov't that represents the collective will of the American people.

Second BTW: the more words you post doesn't make your point any clearer. Mebe your reason for the inordinate usage of words in your post is to obfuscate??

Last edited:
That sounds like a pretty good way to do it.

Interstate Crosscheck is nothing like that. Look up Greg Palast's work on exposing it.
Direct your complaint in the right direction, then. Complain to the states that use such ways to purge voter roles. :rolleyes:

Well, you can't deny his admiration so you must have a problem with the aspiration. Just off the top of my head, he seemed to think he should have access to the Supreme Court.

"I’ve got the best Supreme Court advocates, lawyers, that want to argue the case, if it gets there. They said, ‘It’s very hard to get a case up there,’” Trump added. “Can you imagine, Donald Trump, president of the United States, files a case, and I probably can’t get a case.”

He got his A-G to decree that a sitting President couldn't be indicted. And last November in an interview with Fox he said Barr might be in trouble if he didn't round up and prosecute political enemies.

"During a live phone-in on Fox Business, Donald Trump complained again that not enough of his political enemies have been arrested – and said attorney general Bill Barr could find himself in “a sad situation” if he doesn’t start rounding them up."
"Unless Bill Barr indicts these people for crimes,” declared the president, “the greatest political crime in the history of our country, then we’re gonna get little satisfaction unless I win. Because I won’t forget it. But these people should be indicted, this was the greatest political crime in the history of our country. And that includes Obama, and that includes Biden; these are people that spied on my campaign, and we have everything."

You don't call that stuff aspiring to authoritarianism? Sure sounds to me like he wants direct power beyond his mandate. He wasn't able to pull it off because despite his best efforts the system works the way it was intended.
I'll interject. No, it isn't even aspiring to authoritarianism since all Trump did was constitutional (and what wasn't constitutional he didn't do). See, a true authoritarian wouldn't care if something was constitutional or not...Like resisting the constitutionally held election of Trump for president after the 2016 based on ideology and a hatred for Trump. :rolleyes:

This is so funny...This authoritarian poster is warning everyone else Trump appears to be authoritarian.:ROFLMAO:

Anarchists are authoritarians now? Or maybe you just pick random words from your 'bad things to call people' list.
Anarchists have always been authoritarian...There is just this disingenuous activity which you subscribe to which attempts to redefine the terms authoritarian and fascist, for examples, from the perspective of the progressive...It's just a movement to push slang as the official definition for a word.:rolleyes:

And it's also propaganda that an authoritarian would devise. What better way for an authoritarian to demean and marginalize their opponents than to make them all bad guys (fascists and authoritarians, for example).

This is all just a movement by authoritarians to marginalize capitalists.

Since when has how one wishes to distribute goods and services ever had anything to do with fascism or authoritarianism?
Since when was Mussolini, the father of fascism, ever a righty?:ROFLMAO:

His attempt to delegitimize the election, his incitement to insurrection of January 6th. That's authoritarian, bigly.
Dems are also authoritarian for delegitimatizing the 2016 election??:ROFLMAO: Dems are also authoritarian for inciting violence in America during the summer of 2020??:ROFLMAO:

tenor.gif

Trump doesn't have a libertarian bone in his body.
How would you know what a libertarian is since you're the opposite of libertarian, an authoritarian?? BTW, an authoritarian isn't someone who disagrees with you and isn't someone who doesn't succumb to your wishes. :ROFLMAO:

Well, you can't deny his admiration so you must have a problem with the aspiration. Just off the top of my head, he seemed to think he should have access to the Supreme Court.

"I’ve got the best Supreme Court advocates, lawyers, that want to argue the case, if it gets there. They said, ‘It’s very hard to get a case up there,’” Trump added. “Can you imagine, Donald Trump, president of the United States, files a case, and I probably can’t get a case.”

He got his A-G to decree that a sitting President couldn't be indicted. And last November in an interview with Fox he said Barr might be in trouble if he didn't round up and prosecute political enemies.

"During a live phone-in on Fox Business, Donald Trump complained again that not enough of his political enemies have been arrested – and said attorney general Bill Barr could find himself in “a sad situation” if he doesn’t start rounding them up."
"Unless Bill Barr indicts these people for crimes,” declared the president, “the greatest political crime in the history of our country, then we’re gonna get little satisfaction unless I win. Because I won’t forget it. But these people should be indicted, this was the greatest political crime in the history of our country. And that includes Obama, and that includes Biden; these are people that spied on my campaign, and we have everything."

You don't call that stuff aspiring to authoritarianism? Sure sounds to me like he wants direct power beyond his mandate. He wasn't able to pull it off because despite his best efforts the system works the way it was intended.
Lol. Thats the best you can come up with? Thats authoritarianism in your book? 😂 Pathetic.

His attempt to delegitimize the election, his incitement to insurrection of January 6th. That's authoritarian, bigly.
He didnt incite anything and he took no authoritarian actions. You just dont know what you are talking about.

Lol. Thats the best you can come up with? Thats authoritarianism in your book? 😂 Pathetic.
It's standard practice for the authoritarian to call their opponents authoritarian.

EDIT: Er, Trump didn't call the media authoritarians but he did marginalize them.

He didnt incite anything and he took no authoritarian actions. You just dont know what you are talking about.
We all saw it bud. You can't scream 'fake news' over something we all witnessed.

Radicalization and pandering work to create a cult. They already see themselves as radical and outside society in ways, and are used to having mainstream leaders keep[ them at arm's distance, so when con men like Bush and trump come pandering, they are very vulnerable.
Spoken like someone who knows nothing whatsoever about the topic. But thats what you libs do best. Never is the left more arrogant than when discussing things they know nothing about.

Spoken like someone who knows nothing whatsoever about the topic. But thats what you libs do best. Never is the left more arrogant than when discussing things they know nothing about.
Coming from you that's deliciously ironic.

Back
Top Bottom