• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

‘A Total Failure’: The Proud Boys Now Mock Trump

Some Republican states purged voter rolls using Interstate Crosscheck prior to 2016.
I've become acquainted with the process of purging voter roles...Not actually done any purging, mind you.

Previously as a poll worker, I've encountered the same people tell me numerous times at different polling events that such and such a person is no longer alive or no longer lives at such an address in my state, for examples.

There is a process my state goes through to purge voter roles. My state doesn't take anyone's word. My state accepts death certificates, for example. My state demands that infrequent voters show ID every time they vote.
My state purges voter roles of inactive voters...Voters with, at least, 5 years of voting inactivity.

In what way was Trump an authoritarian?
Trump worked hard at limiting the freedom of the press and pushing the lie that the media is the enemy of the people rather than a valuable independent institution. He tried to limit the voice and vote of opposition and spouted that those who disagree with him are a threat to our country. These are authoritarian traits. Authoritarians also fear diversity and Trump fed tons of that fear to his base. That racial, religious and ethnic diversity is a clear and present threat to national security. You don't comprehend any of that though because you're sympathetic to authoritarian personalities based on your posts.

Authoritarians like The Proud Boys and ANTIFA, for examples, hate libertarians like Trump. You should know this.:rolleyes:
lol

The Proud Boys adored Trump -- until they realized he did not have their back, and did not intend to declare martial law in an attempt to seize power.

As to ANTIFA being "authoritarian?" lol! Aside from the fact that there are probably fewer ANTIFA than there are Proud Boys.... that handful of gutter punks who like to beat up Neo-Nazis are... wait for it... predominantly anarchists. I.e. it's pretty much impossible to be authoritarian, when you want to abolish all government.

Tin pot dictators hate libertarians like Trump, too.
lol... Well, Trump must be the shittiest "libertarian" that ever lived. He micromanaged corporations, including Carrier and NBC and GM and Ford and Boeing and dozens of others. He dramatically increased spending. For all his abject failures doing nothing about COVID, he still managed to spend massive amounts on vaccine development. He cozied up to theocrats. He opposed same-sex marriage. The list goes on.

Trump allowed the sedition-speak of the 'resistors' to the Trump presidency after the 2016.
lol... Oh, he "allowed" it? Was that before or after he demanded that athletes who took a knee before sporting events should be fired? Before or after he told the Squad -- whose members are US citizens -- to leave the US? And what do you think he could have done? Do you think he could have arrested AOC, perhaps?

Trump called both sides of the Charlottesville rioting good and bad.
Wow. That's your proof that he isn't authoritarian? Are you even remotely serious?

Here's just a few items he pulled from the Authoritarian Playbook.
He...

• Wants maximum power with minimum responsibility
• Deliberately undermines the legitimacy of the government, especially other branches
• Attacks the press
• Violates norms, constantly, to his advantage
• Exploits and widens political and partisan divisions
• Unleashes a firehose of lies and disinformation, on a daily basis
• Demands one-way loyalty from everyone
• Refuses to accept electoral defeat
• Tries to subvert judicial independence
• Proclaims he favors "law and order," while actually disregarding and subverting the rule of law
• Makes a big show of military trappings (remember when he wanted a Communist-style military parade?)
• Indulges in rampant corruption and self-dealing
• Encourages conspiracy theories and empower conspiracy theorists

Now, I will say that Trump is an inept and lily-livered loser of an authoritarian. But just because he sucks at being authoritarian, that doesn't magically change who he is.

The authoritarians are the ones suggesting a limit on free speech.
Oh, you mean, like the Republicans? Who want to punish social media companies that don't moderate the way they demand? Yeah, gotta agree with you on that one.

The authoritarians are the ones who resisted the constitutionally held election of Trump as president in the 2016.
lol.... Yeah, they "resisted" by... voting for Democrats in 2018, and for Biden in 2020. Wow. What disrespect!!!

The authoritarians are the ones wanting to prosecute Trump for wining the 2016 presidential election because he doesn't succumb to their political beliefs.
Uh, no. They want him prosecuted for inciting an attack on Congress, and anything else illegal that he's done.

In short, you don't know what authoritarian means.
Coming from a guy who doesn't realize that anarchists can't be authoritarians, that sounds like a compliment.

This is a beautiful day in so many ways.

Sad that our new President cannot have even one day without its all being about Trump.

The irony is delicious!

That's so over the top I wonder if it's staged.

Authoritarians like The Proud Boys and ANTIFA, for examples, hate libertarians like Trump. You should know this.:rolleyes:

Yeah right. I guess that Etch-A-Sketch can't really get on the entire internet after all.

I've become acquainted with the process of purging voter roles...Not actually done any purging, mind you.

Previously as a poll worker, I've encountered the same people tell me numerous times at different polling events that such and such a person is no longer alive or no longer lives at such an address in my state, for examples.

There is a process my state goes through to purge voter roles. My state doesn't take anyone's word. My state accepts death certificates, for example. My state demands that infrequent voters show ID every time they vote.
My state purges voter roles of inactive voters...Voters with, at least, 5 years of voting inactivity.
That sounds like a pretty good way to do it.

Interstate Crosscheck is nothing like that. Look up Greg Palast's work on exposing it.

Anarchists are authoritarians now? Or maybe you just pick random words from your 'bad things to call people' list.

In what way was Trump an authoritarian?
He sure aspired to authoritarianism and admired authoritarians but couldn't quite pull it off.

That sounds like a pretty good way to do it.

Interstate Crosscheck is nothing like that. Look up Greg Palast's work on exposing it.

red states do whatever they can to kick legitimate voters off of the rolls. one of their techniques is to send a letter to your old address, but not to the new one even if you have registered to vote at the new address. the new residents of your old house check the box saying that you don't live there. then they kick you off the rolls, and you don't find out until you go to vote unless you have checked online first. this happened to us, but i didn't sell or rent my old house, so i got the letters. i would recommend that anyone living in a red state should check their registration several times a year.

They were the only people he had left in his corner....
I think a lot of fundamental christians still back Trump. My friend said her prayer group has turned into a Trump worship session, so she decided to bow out for now. She has been with them for over 10 years. Hopefully everybody will learn to let go of the lies and false beliefs soon.

Trump's incitement against the USA will outlive his political career.
That article is amazing. They think Trump is weak because he was unable to remain president after losing his reelection.

At least they realize Trump never really cared about them and is only interested in his own power. If all of them died while storming the capitol, Trump would not have cared. He said their insurrection looked low class:cry:

Exactly what I expected.

He ****ed them over.

There is an account on Twitter that reports on Qanon and these people, and that account has been reporting that a lot of them are mad at Trump now. Some of them, like Q, have a ton of crazy beliefs and prophecies. Well, none of them have been coming true. Trump was supposed to win re-election, then The Sorm was coming and it didn’t, etc.

A lot of them were feeling disenfranchised after storming the capital didn’t go the as planned. They were asking, “Should we still trust the plan?” Now that Trump is out of office for good, they must be rattled.

He sure aspired to authoritarianism and admired authoritarians but couldn't quite pull it off.
Thats not even remotely true, but I will accept your admission that he was not authoritarian.

Thats not even remotely true, but I will accept your admission that he was not authoritarian.
He certainly failed at it.

Trump's incitement against the USA will outlive his political career.
Anyone want to tell these...uh, guys that calling themselves "Boys" is why they are the national joke? Nah, right? Let them keep stepping in that turd pile.

Well, you can't deny his admiration so you must have a problem with the aspiration. Just off the top of my head, he seemed to think he should have access to the Supreme Court.

"I’ve got the best Supreme Court advocates, lawyers, that want to argue the case, if it gets there. They said, ‘It’s very hard to get a case up there,’” Trump added. “Can you imagine, Donald Trump, president of the United States, files a case, and I probably can’t get a case.”

He got his A-G to decree that a sitting President couldn't be indicted. And last November in an interview with Fox he said Barr might be in trouble if he didn't round up and prosecute political enemies.

"During a live phone-in on Fox Business, Donald Trump complained again that not enough of his political enemies have been arrested – and said attorney general Bill Barr could find himself in “a sad situation” if he doesn’t start rounding them up."
"Unless Bill Barr indicts these people for crimes,” declared the president, “the greatest political crime in the history of our country, then we’re gonna get little satisfaction unless I win. Because I won’t forget it. But these people should be indicted, this was the greatest political crime in the history of our country. And that includes Obama, and that includes Biden; these are people that spied on my campaign, and we have everything."

You don't call that stuff aspiring to authoritarianism? Sure sounds to me like he wants direct power beyond his mandate. He wasn't able to pull it off because despite his best efforts the system works the way it was intended.

Back
Top Bottom