• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DP Blogs

This is a place to post reflections, share opinions, ideas, interests and personal political philosophies.
So recently I was having some good back and forth on a thread here on the topic of abortion. The debate started very formal, but quickly devolved into a series of moral quips and insults. Both sides painting one another as immoral animals for disagreeing with what was *clearly* moral and good. This got me thinking: what answer does a secular liberal democracy have for such political disagreements? We have two sides that are absolutely morally opposed - one side believes abortion is literally murder, the other believes the state is literally stripping rights from one of the genders. For issues like this, there is no such thing as a consensus politic for there is no such thing as a middle ground. Are you half a murderer? Half an...
Kentucky Primary Date: May 21, 2024 General Election Date: November 5, 2024 District I: The primaries were canceled, so the next general election in the House for this District is on November 5, 2024 Incumbent James Comer, Jr. (R-KY) takes on unchallenged-the-primary Erin Marshall (D-KY) District 2: Incumbent Brett Guthrie (R-KY) advances to the general election unopposed. Democrats William Compton (D-KY) and Hank Linderman (D-KY) face off in the May 21st, 2024 Democratic primary. ‘ District 3: Incumbent Democrat Morgan McGarvey (D-KY) faces a primary challenge on May 21st, 2024 from Jared Randall (D-KY) and Geoff M. Young (D-KY) Meanwhile, the Republicans have a primary on May 21st, 2024 between Mike Craven (R-KY) and Denny...
Throughout history, the Western understanding of freedom has evolved. In the modern day, the conservatives sees freedom through the prism of markets and economic mobility. Consumer choice, economic mobility, being able to “build a life”, hobbies and so forth. The liberal view is more about internal self-creation. Freedom to express sexuality, freedom to express or build an identity, and fundamentally the ability to carve your path from a perceived blank slate. But ultimately, the consensus is that freedom really means a liberation from the chains of traditional agencies and expectations. The full realization of the individual spirit, unmoored by any authoritative standards or forms of expectation, be they spiritual or physical. In the...
Think about it. Believing in non-stop conspiracy theories. Sucking up every word he utters as gospel. Getting very angry when any criticism of Trump is made. Constantly trying to deflect criticism with whataboutisms. But worse, becoming insulting and nasty and snarky and spitting nails because the rest of us aren't taken in by Trump. I mean, SOMETHING made Trumpers the way they are. One can only speculate. Poor upbringing? Bad circumstances where they need to blame everyone else for their failures? Indoctrination. Isolation (never seeing the world or meeting people different from themselves)? Or is it just plain mental illness? Saying they are part of a cult doesn't explain WHY they are so easily suckered into a cult...
A child is born in the USA. He grows up, gets enough education and training to become an electrical engineer. While in his 20s, he enters the American job market. Would anyone in America see this is a bad thing? Would anyone dare to argue that we need to somehow limit the number of skilled American workers? Of course not. Another child is born in India. He grows up, gets enough education and training to become an electrical engineer. While in his 20s, he moves to the US and enters the American job market. Now this, believe it or not, is considered bad. That's why we have the H1-B visa program, with the current limit of 65,000: From the idiotic US government: This is something so stupid that both Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders...
After almost a decade of conservative howling about the existence of transgender people existing openly in their mind, I have finally come to the conclusion what their claim of transgender ideology is. Transgender ideology consists of two ideas. 1.) The fact that human sexuality is more complicated than just XX and XY chromosomes. This has been known by many people for a century or more but Fox News just got around to informing conservatives that there is more to human sexuality than external genitalia. In the eyes of conservatives this idea is outrageous. Many conservatives still oppose the idea of sexual orientation and it not being a choice that someone makes., so the fact that someone can be biologically male and not be a man or...
Just gassing myself up a bit. After the Ukraine war I was already feeling pretty good after correctly predicting how the war would play out when most people were taking an extremely pessimistic view of the situation, even as far as pro-Ukraine people saying Ukraine should surrender to spare the population as the situation was hopeless. Now with the Israel/Gaza conflict I called BS on Israel's initial timeframe and sure enough they've adjusted it to almost exactly how long I said it would take. And again people were extremely skeptical of my initial analysis because the IDF is so much stronger than Hamas. Ukraine: Gaza: https://debatepolitics.com/threads/what-are-the-idfs-military-objectives-and-can-they-achieve-them.525135/...
One claim the far left luvs to make is that capitalism can only exist under the state, because it depends on the state to enforce property rights. Here are three examples: Here is the far-left Vaush. It's time-stamped, you only need to watch 10 seconds of video to hear the claim: So are they right? Is it true that capitalism needs the state to work? No, and it's fairly easy to see why. Suppose you hired an unlicensed contractor to perform some unpermitted work on your home, and for whatever reason, things go bad between you and the contractor. You cannot go to the government for help. The government will issue a stop work order for you and they will arrest the contractor. The contractor will not be allowed to lien your home...
Back
Top Bottom