• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DP Blogs (2 Viewers)

This is a place to post reflections, share opinions, ideas, interests and personal political philosophies.
You know, I'm not sure I ever did explain my absence to DP. It's as if it happened to someone else. But the shelter, now that was a story I will tell, because it was one of the many miracles then that slowly convinced me once again that the world is full of kind and giving people. It was run by nuns--well, supervised--they didn't work there and the staff never mentioned religion at all. It was strictly run and we were an older group of residents at the time, most working during the day. The staff were pretty much pains in the ass with all their rules, but the folks there 'in transition' (homeless) like me were really good people. Andy helped me out with small car jobs like charging my ac. Carl (a restaurant cook) snuck me eggs over easy...
When there is no sun over the tundra for the third month, and there is steam from the mouth in the yarang, and outside the birds are freezing on the fly; when the men have not returned from fishing to the sea, and EVEN MICE have been dug up and eaten around the camp; when a woman is weak from hunger, and she no longer has milk for her baby, only a skinny dog With cold blue eyes, he is the only creature in the whole world who warms a helpless human cub in his last hours... Every day the same landscape: a white ice field, blue hummocks and the northern lights... And so it has been for thousands of years in a row. Apparently, this left its mark on the color of the iris of THESE eyes. They saw ETERNITY. They saw the World in its pristine...
North Carolina Filing Deadline: December 15, 2023 Primary Date: March 5, 2024 General Election Date, November 5, 2024 The state is almost split evenly with 7 Democratic Representatives and 9 Republican Representatives District 1: Incumbent Donald Davis (D-NC) advances to the general election unopposed. Laurie Buckhout (R-NC) and Sandy Smith (R-NC) proceed to the March 5th, 2024 primary. Additionally, Libertarian candidate Tom Bailey (L-NC) advances to the general election. District 2: Incumbent Deborah Ross (D-NC) faces a primary challenge from Michael Camero (D-NC) on March 5th, 2024. There is a three-person Republican primary on March 5th, 2024 between Eugene Douglass (R-NC), Robert Morales (R-NC), and Alan Swain (R-NC) The...
People often ask me why I respond the way I do, especially where Trump or the GOP is involved, and I thought it would be fun to explain the madness. Having been in the Navy at one point in my life, I take a hardline stance on issues pretraining to the safety and security of my country. I believe the leader of the country (and the free world) has to be willing to put the security of the country and its population first. This is, in my eyes, not negotiable. That being said, when I look at what the GOP has done to this country, especially from 2016-2020, but also during the early to mid 80s, I tend to get very irritated. I make no secret of the fact that I do not like Donald Trump or his three adult children. I also tend to...
So recently I was having some good back and forth on a thread here on the topic of abortion. The debate started very formal, but quickly devolved into a series of moral quips and insults. Both sides painting one another as immoral animals for disagreeing with what was *clearly* moral and good. This got me thinking: what answer does a secular liberal democracy have for such political disagreements? We have two sides that are absolutely morally opposed - one side believes abortion is literally murder, the other believes the state is literally stripping rights from one of the genders. For issues like this, there is no such thing as a consensus politic for there is no such thing as a middle ground. Are you half a murderer? Half an...
Kentucky Primary Date: May 21, 2024 General Election Date: November 5, 2024 District I: The primaries were canceled, so the next general election in the House for this District is on November 5, 2024 Incumbent James Comer, Jr. (R-KY) takes on unchallenged-the-primary Erin Marshall (D-KY) District 2: Incumbent Brett Guthrie (R-KY) advances to the general election unopposed. Democrats William Compton (D-KY) and Hank Linderman (D-KY) face off in the May 21st, 2024 Democratic primary. ‘ District 3: Incumbent Democrat Morgan McGarvey (D-KY) faces a primary challenge on May 21st, 2024 from Jared Randall (D-KY) and Geoff M. Young (D-KY) Meanwhile, the Republicans have a primary on May 21st, 2024 between Mike Craven (R-KY) and Denny...
Throughout history, the Western understanding of freedom has evolved. In the modern day, the conservatives sees freedom through the prism of markets and economic mobility. Consumer choice, economic mobility, being able to “build a life”, hobbies and so forth. The liberal view is more about internal self-creation. Freedom to express sexuality, freedom to express or build an identity, and fundamentally the ability to carve your path from a perceived blank slate. But ultimately, the consensus is that freedom really means a liberation from the chains of traditional agencies and expectations. The full realization of the individual spirit, unmoored by any authoritative standards or forms of expectation, be they spiritual or physical. In the...
Think about it. Believing in non-stop conspiracy theories. Sucking up every word he utters as gospel. Getting very angry when any criticism of Trump is made. Constantly trying to deflect criticism with whataboutisms. But worse, becoming insulting and nasty and snarky and spitting nails because the rest of us aren't taken in by Trump. I mean, SOMETHING made Trumpers the way they are. One can only speculate. Poor upbringing? Bad circumstances where they need to blame everyone else for their failures? Indoctrination. Isolation (never seeing the world or meeting people different from themselves)? Or is it just plain mental illness? Saying they are part of a cult doesn't explain WHY they are so easily suckered into a cult...
A child is born in the USA. He grows up, gets enough education and training to become an electrical engineer. While in his 20s, he enters the American job market. Would anyone in America see this is a bad thing? Would anyone dare to argue that we need to somehow limit the number of skilled American workers? Of course not. Another child is born in India. He grows up, gets enough education and training to become an electrical engineer. While in his 20s, he moves to the US and enters the American job market. Now this, believe it or not, is considered bad. That's why we have the H1-B visa program, with the current limit of 65,000: From the idiotic US government: This is something so stupid that both Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders...

Users who are viewing this forum

Back
Top Bottom