• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

obesity observation

I am not overweight.

I got a vaccine months ago, for plane travel. Got very sick for over 2 months. The vaccines do not prevent us from getting infected or from infecting others. So there is no reason for it, unless you have risk factors. I got the vaccine just to get the card.
Since you are not overweight yet virtually everyone you observed or know is, what is it that you are doing (or not doing) that’s different from everyone else? Answer this and you’ll have answered your own question.

Obesity varies from place to place.

In America? I don't think so. Where'd you get that idea?

Obviously there are variations, a percent less or more here and there. But everywhere in America is fat.

I've seen the numbers. I lived in Europe. I lived in Africa. America is absurdly fat.

Last edited:
Calling me a lunatic or a liar? Well I guess you need to believe that. I can't prove it on an anonymous forum.
Face it. Your posts are crackpot level insane.

In America? I don't think so. Where'd you get that idea?

Obviously there are variations, a percent less or more here and there. But everywhere in America is fat.

I've seen the numbers. I lived in Europe. I lived in Africa. America is absurdly fat.
Been trending that way since about the 90’s. I blame all the sweeteners. Americans are addicted to corn syrup.

After reading some threads here about covid and obesity, I decided to do an informal observational survey of obesity rates where I live. After a few days of observing, I can report that I have hardly seen any thin people. Some are grossly fat, some are very fat, some are moderately fat. Some are just a little overweight, but they are the minority. This is for all ages, but of course the middle aged and older are the fattest. Almost nobody is thin. Maybe a skinny old person here and there, or a slender teenager. But they are the rare exceptions. Almost everyone is at least pudgy.

You might not notice this unless you make a conscious decision to observe. Obesity is so common now days we just accept it like it's normal. It is NOT NORMAL!

So this could partly explain the pandemic. Of course, they also had the pandemic in India where most people are thin. Unless they got fat there also.

And with a gym on every corner, I really don't understand why almost no one looks healthy.
If you are obese, you are much more likely to die of COVID than if you are not. However, as the obesity epidemic has numerous complicated causes, and no one on earth has came up with a good public health solution to address it, it's just being an asshole to ignorantly claim that the solution to the COVID pandemic at this point is telling overweight people to lose weight when we have free, highly effective, and safe vaccines.

Been trending that way since about the 90’s. I blame all the sweeteners. Americans are addicted to corn syrup.

That's the number two cause of diabetes. Number one is processed meat, and it comes with a lot more calories.

I am not glad, and I still feel sick sometimes. Fortunately not as bad as it was. But I feel like it damaged me in some creepy ways. I would have lived through the pandemic just fine without it. I survived over a year, and I wasn't careful. Anyone who is health conscious is pretty safe. It makes me angry that I had to risk the health I work so hard at, just because of the vaccine mania.
If these are your views, you likely need to see a therapist. The vaccines did not risk the health you work so hard at.

I am 45 year old guy with a vo2 max in the mid 50s, a resting heart rate in the upper 30s, a maximum heart rate near 200 bpm still. I have visible abs, still rocking pecs. Can crank out pull-ups any time I want. I eat a whole foods diet, have ran regularly, and lifted weights religiously my entire adult life. It is not an exaggeration to say that I am easily in the top 2% of Americans in terms of health and fitness.

I was vaccinated as soon as I could be. Why? Because why on earth would a guy that puts this much into their health and fitness even accept a small risk of heart or lung damage from COVID when it was almost entirely preventable with a free, safe, and effective vaccine? That would be crazy. I get the flu vaccine every year as well, even though on average is only around 40% effective, but thats a 40% lower chance of me getting the flu. I get a tetanus shot every 5 years when they tell me to because even though I don't work on a farm, what is the point of having even a remote chance of getting tetanus somehow when you can completely eliminate that risk with a vaccine?

That is how smart, healthy people think.

I'll be doing an informal observational survey of obesity rates where I live, once I've finished lunch.

If any of you will then reject its results on account of being merely anecdotal, know that my opinions top science at any time and on any day.

Haven't you noticed the commercials!
All the "everybody gets a trophy" mindset.
People seems to flaunt their fat. Women/girls with big bellies hanging over their belts. Stomachs bigger than their chests. Some leave you wondering, are they fat or pregnant.

That's the number two cause of diabetes. Number one is processed meat, and it comes with a lot more calories.
Most of that crap is gross too. I have no idea why anyone would eat bologna or hotdogs.

Taste is acquired.
I doubt it since most people douse both with gobs of mustard or mayo. If the shit tasted good, they'd eat it plain.

I doubt it since most people douse both with gobs of mustard or mayo. If the shit tasted good, they'd eat it plain.

There's no such thing as "tastes good" as a matter of biology. Granted we have a physiological reaction to loads of salt and protein if the body is in need; but that aside, what we like is according to what we're taught and what we experience.

We like what reminds us of good times. Barbaque, pizza, ice cream, party food. Why? Because of our social associations with those things. In this way, all tastes are acquired.

That's why we can see someone eating bugs on the other side of the world and say, "that's impossible". For the person eating the bugs, it's fantastic. They have positive associations with the food. We don't. So it makes no sense to us at a personal level.

The biggest, most common, mistake people make in attempting to change their diet is to ignore that tastes are acquired. If one tries to eat a new food, alone at home, begrudgingly, one will never like that food. It will never become a part of one's diet. New food needs positive associations. It needs to be consumed at parties, good times and such. That's the only way to add something to one's diet.

Since you are not overweight yet virtually everyone you observed or know is, what is it that you are doing (or not doing) that’s different from everyone else? Answer this and you’ll have answered your own question.

I have walked every day, for most of my life. I try to be sensible about nutrition, but I don't like to cook so my diet is really not that great. I think all you have to do is walk an hour or more every day.

If you are obese, you are much more likely to die of COVID than if you are not. However, as the obesity epidemic has numerous complicated causes, and no one on earth has came up with a good public health solution to address it, it's just being an asshole to ignorantly claim that the solution to the COVID pandemic at this point is telling overweight people to lose weight when we have free, highly effective, and safe vaccines.

Yes, the propaganda says they are highly effective and safe. So believe the propaganda and stay fat. It's easier.

Haven't you noticed the commercials!
All the "everybody gets a trophy" mindset.
People seems to flaunt their fat. Women/girls with big bellies hanging over their belts. Stomachs bigger than their chests. Some leave you wondering, are they fat or pregnant.

I saw a pre-teen girl in the store who looked 10 months pregnant.

Yes, the propaganda says they are highly effective and safe. So believe the propaganda and stay fat. It's easier.
Vaccination encourages obesity.

Just another idiotic post from you.

Last edited:
See:

I am not overweight.

I got a vaccine months ago, for plane travel. Got very sick for over 2 months. The vaccines do not prevent us from getting infected or from infecting others. So there is no reason for it, unless you have risk factors. I got the vaccine just to get the card.
Well, vaccines do both they just don't work all the time. My mom and 6 others had dinner with a person infected Friday night. She was seated next to the person with COVID. Only 1 other person got COVID, and it wasn't my mom. So, yeah, you're wrong, but that's no surprise.

After reading some threads here about covid and obesity, I decided to do an informal observational survey of obesity rates where I live. After a few days of observing, I can report that I have hardly seen any thin people. Some are grossly fat, some are very fat, some are moderately fat. Some are just a little overweight, but they are the minority. This is for all ages, but of course the middle aged and older are the fattest. Almost nobody is thin. Maybe a skinny old person here and there, or a slender teenager. But they are the rare exceptions. Almost everyone is at least pudgy.

were do you live? A red sate by chance?

I am not glad, and I still feel sick sometimes. Fortunately not as bad as it was. But I feel like it damaged me in some creepy ways. I would have lived through the pandemic just fine without it. I survived over a year, and I wasn't careful. Anyone who is health conscious is pretty safe. It makes me angry that I had to risk the health I work so hard at, just because of the vaccine mania.
It's not a mania. Vaccines have prevented likely 100s of thousands of deaths, and multiples of that serious illnesses. Right now as we speak those getting sick and dying are almost all unvaccinated. It's RATIONAL to get vaccinated unless you want to die or maybe survive a horrible few days in ICU.

Back
Top Bottom