• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

obesity observation

Quick question, what will you do with the rest of your life when you are refused services and employment for your choices?
The jab is not an option, period. The rest will be as it may.

What I'm saying on the second part is that you're the kind who would turn someone in in a tyrannical enviornment. There are,alot of you here on this board.....the type who report to their authorities those who they deem as "resistant". I know tour kind. I have a neighbor just like you.
You are very lucky to have a neighbor like me.

Frankly, I am surprised. Not many have my intellect, reasoning ability and ethical standards.

You are fortune to have a neighbor like me to use as a resource.

Great, do you're only around people who are just like you. All of you are blissfully ignorant, for groupthink is the detonator for failure.
My positions are wholly independent of tribe.

That is why I am attacked by both Dems and Trumpists here.

Go to your nearest WALMART and report back……
There aren't many walmarts around where I live, but we do have targets. According to this site comparing demographics, walmart shoppers are 1.3x more likely to prefer shopping channels related to fast food and gas & convenience, while target shoppers are 1.5x more likely to shop at pet stores and beauty related products than the average person. It also says target shoppers tend to be younger than walmart shoppers.

I guess you could say that target is like walmart, but for younger, more active and more self conscious people.

Not for the current jab.
Not true:

Due to the urgent need for a vaccine in a surging pandemic, Pfizer and Moderna were given approval to simultaneously test their vaccines on animals while they were conducting Phase 1 trials on humans. The vaccines were tested on mice and macaques.

Also, please post links to sources for your claims. This one was easy to debunk, but other ones like "The spike proteins replicate on the order of trillions bury themselves into every major organ of your body" don't seem to come up with any search results. Did you come up with that one?

When I went to Europe a few years back I didn't see any fat people. We are a very unhealthy country.
The last time I was in France, in 2015, the only fat people I saw were in or going in McDonalds. I should add, I wasn't in McDonalds to eat but to use their wi-fi. I HATE fast food,

Last edited:
My positions are wholly independent of tribe.

That is why I am attacked by both Dems and Trumpists here.
My mistake for the assumption, therefore I apologize.

I despise groupthink, something I'm proud to say has been part of my makeup since I was pre-adolescent. I got that from my father.

The subject at hand aside, perhaps we may have more in common than not [?]

By the way, I voted 3rd party in 2016 [Constitution Party], then Trump in 2020. I am neither those "orange man bad" nor "cheetoh jesus saves" idiots.

I really wish right wingers would stop confusing personal anecdotes with science.
with that PhD in clinical psychology, she has had ample exposure to scientific method

isn't it interesting that we all know this and yet the poster does not?

Maybe he gets his news from "alternate news" sites. ;)
The anti-vax sites are probably the worst that they've ever been. I'm only guessing, though, as i don't give them traffic.

OK, who is to BLAME for them over eating in relation to the calories the burn?
Come on, this is just silly. I am aware of no cases of forced feeding in this country for the malicious internet to fatten an otherwise normal weight person. Link please.

Are you serious? I mean, are you really serious with this nonesense?

Fact is, they are all undisciplined slobs.

people were fat in 1950 too. Don't be ridiculous in these posts.

I never cook, I eat. I eat excessively. As I did, I am carful to choose foods that have a low caloric count. I also exercise but that does not burn all that many calories, none the less it's a help.

Listen to me, THERE IS NO MYSTERY. FAT PEOPLE OVER EAT.

It is this simple.
You're wallowing in ignorance, but incredibly confident in your ignorant opinions. Do some reading. It might open your eyes just a little bit.

It actually does vary a lot from state to state. For example, in Massachusetts where I live the adult obesity rate is only at 25% while in Mississippi it's at 40%. When I traveled down south something I noticed is that in some places the people there are in general noticeably fatter.

Is there a fat vaccine?

I hope that you stopped at a drug store to get vaccinated while counting overweight people.
Are REALLY OBESE people counted as two people?

stay the course. NPR, NBC and CNN saves.
You've been suckered. Maybe willingly, I don't know, but what you're saying here is complete, utter bullshit. It's a shame that people like you have platforms like this to spread your misinformation because, unfortunately, there's a whole lot of dimwits out there who just might believe you.

After reading some threads here about covid and obesity, I decided to do an informal observational survey of obesity rates where I live. After a few days of observing, I can report that I have hardly seen any thin people. Some are grossly fat, some are very fat, some are moderately fat. Some are just a little overweight, but they are the minority. This is for all ages, but of course the middle aged and older are the fattest. Almost nobody is thin. Maybe a skinny old person here and there, or a slender teenager. But they are the rare exceptions. Almost everyone is at least pudgy.

You might not notice this unless you make a conscious decision to observe. Obesity is so common now days we just accept it like it's normal. It is NOT NORMAL!

So this could partly explain the pandemic. Of course, they also had the pandemic in India where most people are thin. Unless they got fat there also.

And with a gym on every corner, I really don't understand why almost no one looks healthy.

One thing worth considering in any discussion about overweight and obesity and COVID: The rate of overweight/obesity in the US is 74%, and the rate of overweight/obesity among hospitalization from COVID is 78%. So the link between overweight and hospitalization isn't as strong as many might think.

Back
Top Bottom