• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is this a Valid Definition of Critical Race Theory?

Do you agree with this definition, and analysis:

• Total voters
Jussie? wrong thread there buddy
I was pointing out other gaslighting from the left. Not the whole list, just the top 5-10.
Changing up the name of CRT, while teaching the same tenants of CRT, isn’t fooling the American people, as was demonstrated in the Va. governors race. Stick with that strategy though. At least through the midterms. Hell, right on through to 2024 , even better. I doubt they will though, once they’re smoked in the midterms.

She's the new Candace "If Hitler just wanted to make Germany great and have things run well, OK, fine. " Owens.

Was it also Candace who said Hitler's one mistake was pushing into other countries?

I was pointing out other gaslighting from the left. Not the whole list, just the top 5-10.
Changing up the name of CRT, while teaching the same tenants of CRT, isn’t fooling the American people, as was demonstrated in the Va. governors race. Stick with that strategy though. At least through the midterms. Hell, right on through to 2024 , even better. I doubt they will though, once they’re smoked in the midterms.
your Jussie post is irrelevant.

I'm glad the video says whatever CA wants to hear, but I'd think that it'd make more sense to listen to a proponent of CRT.

But then....
"The only remedy to racist discrimination is antiracist discrimination. The only remedy to past discrimination is present discrimination. The only remedy to present discrimination is future discrimination."

Cool. Now what? :rolleyes:

Reparations and affirmative action are "punishments"? How so? And for whom?
I believe reparations are fair for people that were enslaved, if there are any slaves still living.
Affirmative action, on the other hand, isn’t punishment. I disagree with that statement. It is however, racist, by definition. Any time a citizen is denied employment, because of their skin color, they are a victim of racism.

if you are denied a seat at a top university because of your color that is a punishment If you are forced to have your tax dollars go to reparations that is a punishment. Did it take you six months to figure out a question
How does affirmative action deny people a seat at top university because of their color when it's designed to eliminate unlawful discrimination? If the government has been shown to have unlawfully, unconstitutionally or unfairly target, burden and damage a particular group then reparations would be order as would be in any other civil case. And who exactly is "forcing" you to pay for any said reparations anymore than they would be forcing to pay with your tax dollars any governmental or social policy that you didn't necessarily agree with but was passed legislatively? Such as using eminent domain and tax dollars to construct a border wall that you didn't want? Do you get to pick and choose?

How does affirmative action deny people a seat at top university because of their color when it's designed to eliminate unlawful discrimination? If the government has been shown to have unlawfully, unconstitutionally or unfairly target, burden and damage a particular group then reparations would be order as would be in any other civil case. And who exactly is "forcing" you to pay for any said reparations anymore than they would be forcing to pay with your tax dollars any governmental or social policy that you didn't necessarily agree with but was passed legislatively? Such as using eminent domain and tax dollars to construct a border wall that you didn't want? Do you get to pick and choose?
If you are this ignorant of how affirmative racial discrimination works, I would suggest you go back and read up on what was posted in the last six months.

If you are this ignorant of how affirmative racial discrimination works, I would suggest you go back and read up on what was posted in the last six months.
I think it's going to take you at least 6 months to figure out what the question is. And I really don't care what has been posted about it here the last 6 month. This isn't a legal journal. And there is only 9 pages to this thread anyways. Just maybe it doesn't take me as long to read through them as it does you. I want you to show me any case law that that proves what you claim is so.

Last edited:
I think it's going to take you at least 6 months to figure out what the question is. And I really don't care what has been posted about it here the last 6 month. This isn't a legal journal. And there is only 9 pages to this thread anyways. Just maybe it doesn't take me as long to read through them as it does you. I want you show me any case law that that proves what you claim is so.
you support Asian or White students with say 35 ACTs and 4.0 averages being passed over in favor of black students with 27 ACTs and 3.5 GPAs?

“They must remember that if we are to play the victim game,” Thomas wrote in 1996, five years after joining the Supreme Court, “the very people they decry have the better claim to victim status.”.."

Do tell....

Sept. 23, 2019
"...“I am here to say that discrimination, racism and bigotry have gone no place and probably never will,” he told the graduating class of Savannah State College in 1985. But he wasn’t just saying that some things don’t change; he was saying that things had gotten worse. That same year, he told a group of black conservatives: “What we had in Georgia under Jim Crow was not as bad as this.”
By “this,” he meant what white liberals had wrought — integration and social reform, or what Thomas prefers to call “indiscriminate social engineering.” He acknowledges that he was a beneficiary of affirmative action, but insists that such programs are inevitably stigmatizing and demeaning to the people they’re meant to help. His position sets him apart from other conservatives, who typically cast affirmative action as tantamount to discrimination against white people — an argument Thomas doesn’t buy. “They must remember that if we are to play the victim game,” Thomas wrote in 1996, five years after joining the Supreme Court, “the very people they decry have the better claim to victim status.”.."

Do tell....

Sept. 23, 2019
"...“I am here to say that discrimination, racism and bigotry have gone no place and probably never will,” he told the graduating class of Savannah State College in 1985. But he wasn’t just saying that some things don’t change; he was saying that things had gotten worse. That same year, he told a group of black conservatives: “What we had in Georgia under Jim Crow was not as bad as this.”
By “this,” he meant what white liberals had wrought — integration and social reform, or what Thomas prefers to call “indiscriminate social engineering.” He acknowledges that he was a beneficiary of affirmative action, but insists that such programs are inevitably stigmatizing and demeaning to the people they’re meant to help. His position sets him apart from other conservatives, who typically cast affirmative action as tantamount to discrimination against white people — an argument Thomas doesn’t buy. “They must remember that if we are to play the victim game,” Thomas wrote in 1996, five years after joining the Supreme Court, “the very people they decry have the better claim to victim status.”.."
wall of spam noise. not responsive

you support Asian or White students with say 35 ACTs and 4.0 averages being passed over in favor of black students with 27 ACTs and 3.5 GPAs?
You're not answering the question. Show me the case law proof that shows this is what is actually what is happening. And FYI. Grade point averages and ACTs are not the end all, be all determining factors for admission.

Once again, a YouTube Source I find of interest bringing up a topic of valid discussion.

This young psychologist (and member of a knitting society, who knew that was political?) has put forward an interesting definition of Critical Race Theory.

I post the video, but will also post the Definition below it for discussion purposes:

Here is her definition:

"1. Critical Race Theory is an Ideology started in academia in the 1970's that says racism exists everywhere - in every person and system - and the job of the critical theorist is to assess HOW (not if) racism occurred in any circumstance. Racism is always ASSUMED to have occurred.

2. Another way to think of critical race theory is this: it's the opposite of what Martin Luther King preached. It is the idea that we should judge people on the basis of their race, that race is the only thing that matters about them, not the content of their character."

She goes on to explain how this is problematic as if one starts with a conclusion that racism has occurred and one work's their way back from that initial conclusion, that is confirmation bias in action. You'll only look for information that supports your conclusion.

Worse, you will dismiss any information that does not conform to your expectations. You will look until you find something that confirms your expectations, and disparage anyone who does not agree/conform with the conclusion.

The poll question is:

Do you agree with this definition, and analysis:

Yes.

No.

Other, explain.

"Critical Race Theory is an Ideology started in academia in the 1970's that says racism exists everywhere"
Please do not expect me to spend any time whatsoever reading passed this sentence structure. He or she is a kid unworthy of reading a single word following.

You're not answering the question. Show me the case law proof that shows this is what is actually what is happening. And FYI. Grade point averages and ACTs are not the end all, be all determining factors for admission.
Sorry,not playing that game. anyone who denies that whites and Asians with much higher objective credentials are being passed over in favor of blacks with lower scores, is not worth arguing with since they are denying reality

Sorry,not playing that game. anyone who denies that whites and Asians with much higher objective credentials are being passed over in favor of blacks with lower scores, is not worth arguing with since they are denying reality
Clarence Thomas and I actually agree on something. Your "white grievance" is unconvincing. Quit whining....

"What were the consequences of the destruction of the bison population?

The destruction of the bison had two important consequences: It left the vast grasslands open to the herds of cattle moving north from Texas. Now cattle ranches appeared in the north. More importantly, though, it robbed the Plains Tribes of the one resource that allowed them to move across the plains."

The End of the Bison - Nebraska Studies​

Clarence Thomas and I actually agree on something. Your "white grievance" is unconvincing. Quit whining....

"What were the consequences of the destruction of the bison population?

The destruction of the bison had two important consequences: It left the vast grasslands open to the herds of cattle moving north from Texas. Now cattle ranches appeared in the north. More importantly, though, it robbed the Plains Tribes of the one resource that allowed them to move across the plains."

The End of the Bison - Nebraska Studies

do you actually post anything that has to do with the discussion or are you tasked with spamming this board with all sorts of irrelevant articles?

That's what she seems to be saying.

I'm still trying to figure out where she's getting these beliefs from. I wish Hunter pushed her on that so we can get to the root of her crazy ass spiritualism.

Well I guess they were much more interested in money after all, because my paternal grandfather managed to bribe his way out instead, after holding back for two years, beaten senseless every other day.
Twenty five million Marks in gold, about $430 Mn today. And no, we won't ever see a dime of it, it's scattered to The Four Winds long ago, unaccountable and unaccounted for.
It wasn't even HIS money, he was destined to join brothers in the bakery business, but he married a German national tennis star, and it was Blumenthal Family money.
They had installed him as Herr Direktor of Frankfurt World Bank to service their friend Louis Rothschild.
Yes, that one...

If he had been a baker like Uncle Ludwig was before the Great War, he wouldn't have been so lucky...if you can call being utterly broken, almost blind, almost deaf and given to occasional seizures for the next thirty years of the remainder of his life "lucky", but he was alive, returned to his wife, and got to live to see his grandchildren (of which I was the youngest) and he lived out his days comfortable in a modest apartment in The Heights in NYC.

Hugo Erna Haas grands1.jpg

Anyone who makes blanket claims in the absence of any empirical evidence, isn't even worth listening to.

Anyone who makes blanket claims in the absence of any empirical evidence, isn't even worth listening to.
another poster played the same game. I posted dozens of articles, including testimony from someone who was once on the admissions committee and one of the most selective law schools in the USA (Cornell) who stated what affirmative action did. I provided articles that showed that if race was dropped from law school admissions at the top public law schools in California (UCLA and UC-B) black acceptances would decrease NINETY PERCENT. I posted the differential between blacks attending top schools versus whites and asians. A few years ago, I posted an article that showed when the LSAT was on the 800 point scale (ie in the times before around 85 or so), Harvard Law gave black applicants a 130 point addition to their LSAT scores while adding .5 to their GPA meaning a black from harvard college with a 670 LSAT and a 3.3 (scores that whites would never get into HLS with) would rank ahead of very competitive whites with a 780 and a 3.75

You should probably investigate college admission standards. This isn't debated so there's no reason to act like it isn't true. At least have the integrity to say you agree with it and state your reasons why. The typical reasons people support it is for diversity of skin color and/or to give advantages to people of skin colors that are more likely to be from lower socio-economic positions.

You should probably investigate college admission standards. This isn't debated so there's no reason to act like it isn't true. At least have the integrity to say you agree with it and state your reasons why. The typical reasons people support it is for diversity of skin color and/or to give advantages to people of skin colors that are more likely to be from lower socio-economic positions.
I had one poster spend hours denying that affirmative action led to blacks with lower scores getting in to elite schools ahead of much higher scoring whites and Asians. He claimed that didn't meet HIS version of affirmative action so it didn't happen. Atomic Kid is playing the same game.

another poster played the same game. I posted dozens of articles, including testimony from someone who was once on the admissions committee and one of the most selective law schools in the USA (Cornell) who stated what affirmative action did. I provided articles that showed that if race was dropped from law school admissions at the top public law schools in California (UCLA and UC-B) black acceptances would decrease NINETY PERCENT. I posted the differential between blacks attending top schools versus whites and asians. A few years ago, I posted an article that showed when the LSAT was on the 800 point scale (ie in the times before around 85 or so), Harvard Law gave black applicants a 130 point addition to their LSAT scores while adding .5 to their GPA meaning a black from harvard college with a 670 LSAT and a 3.3 (scores that whites would never get into HLS with) would rank ahead of very competitive whites with a 780 and a 3.75
Well, you haven't posted any such documents here. Have you? So why can't you do it now? As I would suppose you would have them at them close at hand just in case of such an emergency.

Well, you haven't posted any such documents here. Have you? So why can't you do it now? As I would suppose you would have them at them close at hand just in case of such an emergency.

This is commonly known information and isn't hard to find with a simple Google search. Affirmative action in academia isn't a secret and it is something someone discussing any level of politics should have a basic comprehension of. Acting ignorant doesn't make someone else seem less intelligent. Do your own homework or look foolish. Nobody particularly cares if other people decide to look foolish on the internet.

Crt is designed to critically assess ..that means look objectively..
To see if a law or policy has an unequal effect on minorities..
It is less concerned with individual acts of racism or racist people but on systemic racism
For example a judge may sentence a black man to 20 years for having an ounce of cocaine
While sentencing a white person to 3 years for an ounce of cocaine
NOT because the judge is racist...but because the law has different penalties based on what form that cocaine is in...powdered or crystallized..

Almost the direct opposite if what this lady said

This is commonly known information and isn't hard to find with a simple Google search. Affirmative action in academia isn't a secret and it is something someone discussing any level of politics should have a basic comprehension of. Acting ignorant doesn't make the other person seem less intelligent. Do your own homework or look foolish. Nobody particularly cares if other people decide to look foolish on the internet.
It's not my homework to do. He's the one making a blanket claim here, not I. Seeing it's so common and simple I suppose then that you can provide if he can't. And obviously you're not one who cares about how he comes across on the internet. So take a go at it.

Back
Top Bottom