• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is this a Valid Definition of Critical Race Theory?

Do you agree with this definition, and analysis:

• Total voters
Cons: This is the dumbass you choose to embrace simply because she's a lib who denounces CRT and likes Trump. She thinks those who died in the Holocaust CHOSE to die in the Holocaust (on a 'spiritual' level). Something seriously wrong with this woman.

Cons: This is the dumbass you choose to embrace simply because she's a lib who denounces CRT and likes Trump. She thinks those who died in the Holocaust CHOSE to die in the Holocaust (on a 'spiritual' level). Something seriously wrong with this woman.

She's the new Candace "If Hitler just wanted to make Germany great and have things run well, OK, fine. " Owens.

Once again, a YouTube Source I find of interest bringing up a topic of valid discussion.

This young psychologist (and member of a knitting society, who knew that was political?) has put forward an interesting definition of Critical Race Theory.

I post the video, but will also post the Definition below it for discussion purposes:

Here is her definition:

"1. Critical Race Theory is an Ideology started in academia in the 1970's that says racism exists everywhere - in every person and system - and the job of the critical theorist is to assess HOW (not if) racism occurred in any circumstance. Racism is always ASSUMED to have occurred.

2. Another way to think of critical race theory is this: it's the opposite of what Martin Luther King preached. It is the idea that we should judge people on the basis of their race, that race is the only thing that matters about them, not the content of their character."

She goes on to explain how this is problematic as if one starts with a conclusion that racism has occurred and one work's their way back from that initial conclusion, that is confirmation bias in action. You'll only look for information that supports your conclusion.

Worse, you will dismiss any information that does not conform to your expectations. You will look until you find something that confirms your expectations, and disparage anyone who does not agree/conform with the conclusion.

The poll question is:

Do you agree with this definition, and analysis:

Yes.

No.

Other, explain.

8 pages of attacks on the author, her appearance, Trump, etc, etc, etc, and - as far as I can tell - nobody has addressed the actual points:

"1. Critical Race Theory is an Ideology started in academia in the 1970's that says racism exists everywhere - in every person and system - and the job of the critical theorist is to assess HOW (not if) racism occurred in any circumstance. Racism is always ASSUMED to have occurred.

2. Another way to think of critical race theory is this: it's the opposite of what Martin Luther King preached. It is the idea that we should judge people on the basis of their race, that race is the only thing that matters about them, not the content of their character."

So if you think the author was wrong, how about explaining whether or not CRT assumes racism and/or whether or not it encourages people to judge each other based on race.

8 pages of attacks on the author, her appearance, Trump, etc, etc, etc, and - as far as I can tell - nobody has addressed the actual points:

So if you think the author was wrong, how about explaining whether or not CRT assumes racism and/or whether or not it encourages people to judge each other based on race.
Because we dont take you and your "idea" of CRT seriously. Seriously!
still waiting to see where and how CRT is taking place in class rooms ALLL across the US. Yep! still waiting.

Here's a hint: ITS NOT!

still waiting to see where and how CRT is taking place in class rooms ALLL across the US. Yep! still waiting.

Still using personal attacks and evasion rather that addressing the points.

Still using personal attacks and evasion rather than addressing the points.
you snowflakes cons have been evading the important question of WHERE is CRT happening in the US for over 6 months? I mean there must be at least a dozen or so instances happening in elementary, Jr, and High schools throughout the US, right? so where the **** are they?

CRT is just a white wing, imaginary talking point.

you snowflakes cons have been evading the important question of WHERE is CRT happening in the US for over 6 months? I mean there must be at least a dozen or so instances happening in elementary, Jr, and High schools throughout the US, right? so where the **** are they?

STILL evading. How common it is is beside the point. Its pros and cons can still be discussed even if it's entirely theoretical. Although apparently not by you or any of its other proponents.

....and Jussie is a victim of a hate crime, there's no spike in violent crime in democrat cities, the southern border is secure, there's no inflation, inflation is transitory, inflation is good for the economy, there will never be a vaccine for covid19 developed in one year, ok, so there was one in a year, but.... don't trust the vaccine (2019), vaccines won't be mandatory (early 2020), vaccines are mandatory (2020), let's go Brandon, we must believe all women, Andrew Cuomo....now THAT'S, a leader, Avanatti should run for president, Jill Biden is a "hell of a doctor", she should be surgeon general, there's no laptop, ........

"Saunders: Don’t think CRT is taught in schools? Look again​

A Black professor at Columbia begs to differ with denials, pointing to talk of race in classrooms.
By Debra J. Saunders / syndicated columnist
When you tell people that something they see right before them does not exist, you lose their vote. That’s what Virginia Democrat Terry McAuliffe did as he campaigned for governor, and, no surprise, he lost. If Democrats continue on this course in 2022, they’ll lose again.
Specifically, McAuliffe said of critical race theory, or CRT, on “Meet the Press,” “Let me explain: It’s never been taught in Virginia.”
That’s just not true today, as countless parents attest, and it wasn’t true when McAuliffe was Virginia governor in 2015.
The day after McAuliffe lost, nonetheless, The Washington Post reported that Republican Glenn Youngkin, who beat McAuliffe, “promised to ban the teaching of critical race theory, an academic approach to racial history that’s not part of the Virginia K-12 curriculum.”
This is why so many voters don’t trust big media: Papers like the Post keep telling their readers that they should not believe their lying eyes.
It didn’t take me long to find a Virginia Department of Education memo dated Feb. 22, 2019, that included a suggested reading list for school superintendents because “we know that our students continue to be inundated with racist images linked to Virginia’s history of civil rights oppression.”
As resources to promote “social justice,” it includes the book “Foundations of Critical Race Theory in Education.” Also on the list, two books that have become popular CRT manifestos, Robin DiAngelo’s “White Fragility” and Ta-Nehisi Coates’ “Between the World and Me.”
No worries, the National School Boards Association likewise asserted “critical race theory is not taught in public schools and remains a complex law school and graduate school subject well beyond the scope of a K-12 class.”
Like we’re with stupid."

I asked John McWhorter, an African American Columbia professor and author of “Woke Racism: How a New Religion Has Betrayed Black America,” during a Commonwealth Club interview on Election Day, is McAuliffe right about CRT not being taught?

“He’s wrong,” McWhorter responded. “If he means they don’t teach the works of (legal scholars) Richard Delgado and Kimberle Crenshaw, he’s right. But if he means … all the parents and friends who write me saying, ‘Guess what sorts of things my child’s history teacher is teaching,’ McAuliffe is very wrong.”
https://www.heraldnet.com/opinion/saunders-dont-think-crt-is-taught-in-schools-look-again/

She's very well educated and wants to bring us back together. Interesting that people who know absolutely nothing about Dr. Borisenko, who doesn't see life through the racial lens, are doing their usual divisive Trump schtick.

Most of America doesn't want to live in trumpland.

And we weary of weak narratives only the ignorant would fall for being presented as reasonable discourse.

This is one of those times.

a blanket statement like that fails if there exists one person to the contrary. Who do you think will have an easier time proving their position-you or someone who disagrees?
It would have to be an outlier who wouldnt be accepted by the trump mob.

Zero variation from the day's narratives is tolerated.

No one who is a Trump supporter wants to 'bring people together.' MAGA and peace are like oil and water.
Everyone is welcome.

As long as they worship trump with all of their hearts.

And don't ask questions.

Still nobody is willing or able to address the actual subject.

1639344319719.png

I answered "yes" to the question. Are you guys ready for your answers to be solved?

Critical Race Theory is about explaining why the civil rights movement happened. Back in the 1970s, civil rights activists and legal scholars came together and came up with these conclusions: (1) Race is a social construct, not a biological one. The invention of race was designed for people to be racist. (2) Individuals are not racist, institutions are. (3) Our political and legal systems were setup to favor one race over the others.

The right-wing has spun CTR into something evil via "teaching kids to hate white people". Personally, I agree that CRT shouldn't be taught in K-12 education. It's too much of an opinion course and really designed for advanced learning. It should be kept at the college level. You first need to understand the basics before jumping into something so complex.

So, I couldn't get past the first five minutes of this 380 words per second babbling Ben Shapiro with tits, so I skipped forward a few minutes and it got worse.
Is she saying that my Great-Great Uncle Ludwig, who fought valiantly for the German Army as a decorated soldier in WW1, WANTED to die in the Holocaust twenty years later?

LudwigHaas1912aaabl.jpg

By the way, do you know WHY I generally avoid threads about CRT for the most part?
I try to stay away from them because of the fact that the Fox News campaign has succeeded in diffusing attention away from
the core issue, the fact that there's a large segment of society who still think it's OKAY to ACT LIKE ASSHOLES when they encounter
people who aren't white Christian conservatives.
There's a large segment of society who still think it's okay to ACT LIKE ASSHOLES any time they encounter someone who ISN'T WHITE.

And in the last five years, they think they've been granted LICENSE to step up their game.
Scream, hiss and holler all you like, but the fact is, the political Right openly admits to this and doubles down on it every single day.

CRT is the thing the right and left argue about day after day after day so they can avoid the actual hard work of crafting thoughtful, fiscally balanced economic, immigration and national security policy. I mean, why toil over such things when you can yap about CRT, abortion and guns all day long and get those clicks?

That’s my opinion on what “CRT” means for most people.

"Saunders: Don’t think CRT is taught in schools? Look again​

A Black professor at Columbia begs to differ with denials, pointing to talk of race in classrooms.
By Debra J. Saunders / syndicated columnist
When you tell people that something they see right before them does not exist, you lose their vote. That’s what Virginia Democrat Terry McAuliffe did as he campaigned for governor, and, no surprise, he lost. If Democrats continue on this course in 2022, they’ll lose again.
Specifically, McAuliffe said of critical race theory, or CRT, on “Meet the Press,” “Let me explain: It’s never been taught in Virginia.”
That’s just not true today, as countless parents attest, and it wasn’t true when McAuliffe was Virginia governor in 2015.
The day after McAuliffe lost, nonetheless, The Washington Post reported that Republican Glenn Youngkin, who beat McAuliffe, “promised to ban the teaching of critical race theory, an academic approach to racial history that’s not part of the Virginia K-12 curriculum.”
This is why so many voters don’t trust big media: Papers like the Post keep telling their readers that they should not believe their lying eyes.
It didn’t take me long to find a Virginia Department of Education memo dated Feb. 22, 2019, that included a suggested reading list for school superintendents because “we know that our students continue to be inundated with racist images linked to Virginia’s history of civil rights oppression.”
As resources to promote “social justice,” it includes the book “Foundations of Critical Race Theory in Education.” Also on the list, two books that have become popular CRT manifestos, Robin DiAngelo’s “White Fragility” and Ta-Nehisi Coates’ “Between the World and Me.”
No worries, the National School Boards Association likewise asserted “critical race theory is not taught in public schools and remains a complex law school and graduate school subject well beyond the scope of a K-12 class.”
Like we’re with stupid."

I asked John McWhorter, an African American Columbia professor and author of “Woke Racism: How a New Religion Has Betrayed Black America,” during a Commonwealth Club interview on Election Day, is McAuliffe right about CRT not being taught?

“He’s wrong,” McWhorter responded. “If he means they don’t teach the works of (legal scholars) Richard Delgado and Kimberle Crenshaw, he’s right. But if he means … all the parents and friends who write me saying, ‘Guess what sorts of things my child’s history teacher is teaching,’ McAuliffe is very wrong.”
https://www.heraldnet.com/opinion/saunders-dont-think-crt-is-taught-in-schools-look-again/
OPINION article is noted.

again, no proof

....and Jussie is a victim of a hate crime, there's no spike in violent crime in democrat cities, the southern border is secure, there's no inflation, inflation is transitory, inflation is good for the economy, there will never be a vaccine for covid19 developed in one year, ok, so there was one in a year, but.... don't trust the vaccine (2019), vaccines won't be mandatory (early 2020), vaccines are mandatory (2020), let's go Brandon, we must believe all women, Andrew Cuomo....now THAT'S, a leader, Avanatti should run for president, Jill Biden is a "hell of a doctor", she should be surgeon general, there's no laptop, ........
Jussie? wrong thread there buddy

STILL evading. How common it is is beside the point. Its pros and cons can still be discussed even if it's entirely theoretical. Although apparently not by you or any of its other proponents.
so no proof that it's being taught in public schools through out the US?

thought so.

I find reparations and affirmative action particularly offensive because they punish people merely based on their race
Reparations and affirmative action are "punishments"? How so? And for whom?

Reparations and affirmative action are "punishments"? How so? And for whom?
if you are denied a seat at a top university because of your color that is a punishment If you are forced to have your tax dollars go to reparations that is a punishment. Did it take you six months to figure out a question

So, I couldn't get past the first five minutes of this 380 words per second babbling Ben Shapiro with tits, so I skipped forward a few minutes and it got worse.
Is she saying that my Great-Great Uncle Ludwig, who fought valiantly for the German Army as a decorated soldier in WW1, WANTED to die in the Holocaust twenty years later?

View attachment 67364523

That's what she seems to be saying.

I'm still trying to figure out where she's getting these beliefs from. I wish Hunter pushed her on that so we can get to the root of her crazy ass spiritualism.

Back
Top Bottom