• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Zelensky Dismisses Pope Francis's Call for Ukraine to Negotiate Peace with Russia

Democracy?
Can you have a democracy without a free press?
A free press is not the sole factor in determining a democracy.

Having made that point, while there is justified concern of Russian propaganda being broadcasted into Ukraine, and considering the government’s responsibility to prevent the dissemination of disinformation, I believe that Zelensky’s law controlling/restricting the country’s free press is a step too far.

Again, that action alone does not mean that Ukraine isn’t a democracy.

Yeah, this is so true. Ukraine needs to surrender, just like Poland during WWII. We all know that once the Polish stopped resisting, nothing bad happened to them!
Did I say they should surrender?
There's always some liberal lying about what is said.

“The previous border will never be restored”

Riiiight, Ukraine isn’t surrendering, they’re just giving land to invaders to end a war they didn’t start. You say, “Negotiate for peace” I say, “capitulation”. It’s time to end the war though, (now that Russia has taken their objectives) right? Secure “peace in our lifetime”? Who was it who said that again? Very famous diplomat I believe, practically stopped a world war through appeasement.

“The previous border will never be restored”

Riiiight, Ukraine isn’t surrendering, they’re just giving land to invaders to end a war they didn’t start. You say, “Negotiate for peace” I say, “capitulation”. It’s time to end the war though, (now that Russia has taken their objectives) right? Secure “peace in our lifetime”? Who was it who said that again? Very famous diplomat I believe, practically stopped a world war through appeasement.
If the war goes on the Ukraine will lose more land and even worse more people.
In two years they are going to regret not negotiating for peace.

Just because the Russian is wrong and guilty of crimes doesn't mean they will lose.

Someone is obviously still buying Russian oil. The world could stop that and bring Russia in for negotiations.

Just because the Russian is wrong and guilty of crimes doesn't mean they will lose.

Someone is obviously still buying Russian oil. The world could stop that and bring Russia in for negotiations.
Maybe you should let the Ukranian people decide when to fight and when to lay down their arms. Funny how the anti-globalists want to be the ones telling Ukraine what they should and shouldn't fight for.

And yet here you are, doing the best you can to peddle talking points that undermine Ukraine. You don't know the future. Except, that if the US & Europe stopped supporting Ukraine, you'd be literally handing it to Russia on a silver platter.

Maybe you should let the Ukranian people decide when to fight and when to lay down their arms. Funny how the anti-globalists want to be the ones telling Ukraine what they should and shouldn't fight for.
As long as the US is funding them it's my business.

As long as the US is funding them it's my business.
Ok, then quit pretending like you don't support aid, as if this is some hopeless war, because it isn't. Just admit you don't care if Russia takes Kyiv. Be honest.

Ok, then quit pretending like you don't support aid, as if this is some hopeless war, because it isn't. Just admit you don't care if Russia takes Kyiv. Be honest.
What I said was they should sit down and negotiate a peace deal. I don't think they can win. I think in two years they will lose more land and a lot more citizens. If they go on for ten years they will lose everything.
It's the way things should be and the way things are.
Hundreds of billions in aid hasn't done it. How long will countries send aid?
The UN has two members at war and have proven to be useless

Time to negotiate.

I don't support any genocide.
Ukraine needs to negotiate for peace. The previous border will never be restored.
It's time to end this war.
You should negotiate for peace if someone breaks into your house destroys all your shit and then declares it to now be their home.

What I said was they should sit down and negotiate a peace deal. I don't think they can win. I think in two years they will lose more land and a lot more citizens. If they go on for ten years they will lose everything.
It's the way things should be and the way things are.
Hundreds of billions in aid hasn't done it. How long will countries send aid?
The UN has two members at war and have proven to be useless

Time to negotiate.
Why do you think Russia can be trusted in a peace deal? Russia has alread reneged on its previous deal, which included the recognition of Ukraine as sovereign in exchange for nuclear weapons.

And maybe they will lose more land and more citizens. Should they just give up, after a few years, and hand it over to an autocrat that murders his political enemies & jails people for their WIFI network name? Just, you know, give up? So that the GOP in the US can give more tax cuts to corporate America?

If they want to fight, then we should continue supporting them. I'm sure it's easy for you to say otherwise, sitting in the comforts of the US, where your major concern is Jimmy Kimmel reading a Trump tweet on TV.

Do you believe Putin will abide by a treaty? It hasn’t stopped him or his predecessors before.

No, Russia won’t lose because they are wrong, Russia will win because the US abandons Ukraine in their hour of need.

“The world” will never agree on anything. There are already sanctions in place against Russia and those who continue to do business with Russia. Sanctions take time to work, and until Russia begins to feel their economy constrict, we must aid Ukraine in a bid for time if nothing else.

Got to agree with him on that one. The Pope isn't thinking straight. When are we going to get a plan for winning the war? Or do you just need our money to pay your pensiion.
Just as soon as Speaker Johnson gets his nose out of Putin's rectum.

You think Putin would honor a treaty longer than he felt like it?

Adorable.

Why do you think Russia can be trusted in a peace deal? Russia has alread reneged on its previous deal, which included the recognition of Ukraine as sovereign in exchange for nuclear weapons.

And maybe they will lose more land and more citizens. Should they just give up, after a few years, and hand it over to an autocrat that murders his political enemies & jails people for their WIFI network name? Just, you know, give up? So that the GOP in the US can give more tax cuts to corporate America?

If they want to fight, then we should continue supporting them. I'm sure it's easy for you to say otherwise, sitting in the comforts of the US, where your major concern is Jimmy Kimmel reading a Trump tweet on TV.
look at you being so tough.
If you're so passionate for the cause you could be on the front as a mercenary before summer.
In the end the Ukraine will still lose.

Do you believe Putin will abide by a treaty? It hasn’t stopped him or his predecessors before.

No, Russia won’t lose because they are wrong, Russia will win because the US abandons Ukraine in their hour of need.

“The world” will never agree on anything. There are already sanctions in place against Russia and those who continue to do business with Russia. Sanctions take time to work, and until Russia begins to feel their economy constrict, we must aid Ukraine in a bid for time if nothing else.
Aid doesn't seem to be enough.
Anyone want to send troops?

If you're so passionate for the cause you could be on the front as a mercenary before summer.
Hahahaha I knew the ole "why don't you go there" line was coming.

Hey if you're so cool with Russia taking over Ukraine, wHy dONt YoU mOvE to RuSSia

I like how you dodged the post. This talking point is always the last resort when your thoughts fail you.

Yanuckovitch showed his true colors when he fled to Moscow after murdering protesters in the streets. He gave up his position in favor of sleeping with the enemy. Zelensky was elected by the Ukraine people.
Nope - those weren't protesters - they were foreign-sponsored insurrectionists who carried out an insurrection against the democratically elected govt elected by the people of Ukraine.
That coup was a coup against the democratic choice of the electorate.

Nuland was there, trying to set the stage for that coup, and she was entirely caught on tape.
She was doing that because she wanted to trigger war between Russia and Ukraine by installing ethnic fascists (eg. Tannyboek)

Nope - those weren't protesters - they were foreign-sponsored insurrectionists who carried out an insurrection against the democratically elected govt elected by the people of Ukraine.
That coup was a coup against the democratic choice of the electorate.

Nuland was there, trying to set the stage for that coup, and she was entirely caught on tape.
She was doing that because she wanted to trigger war between Russia and Ukraine by installing ethnic fascists (eg. Tannyboek)
I guess "coups" are only cool when its Putin using his military to force one. There wasn't a coup - but I know how everything is a conspiracy in the MAGA brain rot.

Aid doesn't seem to be enough.
Anyone want to send troops?
You would be correct to say the meager aid we have given Ukraine is not enough. However, US aid to Britain, the Soviet Union, and China played an instrumental role in WWII. This aid, in conjunction with sanctions, is able to affect the course of a war.

Considering Putin has threatened nuclear war as a response to foreign troops in Ukraine, I’d say no.

Back
Top Bottom