• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Your odds of being killed by terrorism.... [W:194]

I can smell a foreign liberal from here.
But you don't deny the fear nor argue against violating people's Constitutional Rights... intersting. Good for you. Embrace the fear and hatred. Own it.

Yeah, but terrorist attacks stick in people's minds longer then lightning strikes do.

Yes, they do, which is why the terrorists do what they do. They spread fear and intimidation. Next time you get on an airplane, ask yourself if they haven't won at least some of the battles.

Lightning and heart disease are not actively seeking people out and trying to kill you nor do they have an agenda for world domination...

A few thousand radicals with an agenda for world domination should be a joke.
Yet, we take them seriously enough that people talk of a "clash of civilizations."

Which is exactly what the terrorists want: A war with Islam.

Considering the govt has significantly less power now than in previous decades or centuries, I think you are the fearmonger

Pretty sure that TSA, HLS, Patriot Act, FISA, secret courts, NSA monitoring, the number of laws, the prison population, etc. that exist now didnt exist decades or centuries ago.

The government has continued to grow in size and power. And the War on Terror just helps it to grow faster.

Or, quit being so afraid of boogymen. In the 1950s, it was commies under every bed. Now, it's terrorists. Ikari, Utility Man, and Thoreau have it right: It makes it easier to control the masses and increase the power of government.

Straw man noted and ignored. The boogeyman hasn't killed thousands of people has he? Shall we keep the discussion to real people, real deaths, and real terror?

Has anyone said the odds increase each day? Because they do.

Pretty sure that TSA, HLS, Patriot Act, FISA, secret courts, NSA monitoring, the number of laws, the prison population, etc. that exist now didnt exist decades or centuries ago.

The government has continued to grow in size and power. And the War on Terror just helps it to grow faster.

Funny how we dint need any of those agencies to subjugate entire populations like the native americans or the japanese americans.

Until just recently people didnt even have individual rights protected.

The govt used to blacklist and deport people with political ideologies they didnt agree with now its a huge scandal that they cant get tax exempt status

You think you have less freedom now because your phone number is recorded and you cant smoke weed as opposed to when you couldnt vote if you didnt have the right sex organs, money or literacy, go into certain places of business if you wernt the right color, marry someone of a different race, rape your spouse without consequence, ect.

Funny how we dint need any of those agencies to subjugate entire populations like the native americans or the japanese americans.

The govt used to blacklist and deport people with political ideologies they didnt agree with now its a huge scandal that they cant get tax exempt status

You think you have less freedom now because your phone number is recorded and you cant smoke weed as opposed to when you couldnt vote if you didnt have the right sex organs, money or literacy, go into certain places of business if you wernt the right color, marry someone of a different race, rape your spouse without consequence, ect.

Your bolded statements are absolutely true, and you're the only conservative I remember on DP who's agreed with me that Americans as a whole (including women, minorities, kids, and LGBTs) are freer now, today, than ever before in our history. Well said!

Now imagine a low-yield dirty nuke going off in NY. That stunt would require just a couple of Muslims and a suitcase.

Now, how relevant is it that 1 million Muslims are sweet and cuddly and "only" two were bad "apples"?

'That stunt' would require a hell of a lot more than a couple of muslims and a suitcase. You've been watching too much 24.

Not to mention, it could be carried out by 2 crazy people of any race or religion. Hell, the only people with a track record of using nukes are white americans.

I live in CO, I could smoke weed if I wanted.

I am less free in many ways, America in general is. I didn't used to have to be accosted by the government in order to fly before. We used to be able to own a lot more types of guns, and didn't need government's permission to carry them. I used to have rights to privacy. The police didn't just shoot people. We didn't have the vast amount of laws we have now, lists, and government checks. Free speech zones didn't used to be fenced off areas miles from political conventions. Our market used to be Free, and now is do.images by Corporations living off the government teat.

America maintains the highest prison population per capita of anyone else. Not even the commies jail as many as we do. Now there's all sorts of secret things going on, and the government can wipe out all pretense to your rights simply by calling one a terrorist.

Our wars have no end, our debt knows no bounds, government is growing by leaps and bounds. AMD every time it gets a little bit more. Militarized police, no knock warrants, errosion of property.rights, etc.

You think we're more free.now for living under Big Brother? I don't.

'That stunt' would require a hell of a lot more than a couple of muslims and a suitcase. You've been watching too much 24.

Not to mention, it could be carried out by 2 crazy people of any race or religion. Hell, the only people with a track record of using nukes are white americans.

Some nukes are bad. Some nukes are good. The American nukes were good nukes, just as good Japs were dead Japs.

I am less free in many ways, America in general is. I didn't used to have to be accosted by the government in order to fly before. We used to be able to own a lot more types of guns, and didn't need government's permission to carry them. I used to have rights to privacy. The police didn't just shoot people. We didn't have the vast amount of laws we have now, lists, and government checks. Free speech zones didn't used to be fenced off areas miles from political conventions. Our market used to be Free, and now is do.images by Corporations living off the government teat.

America maintains the highest prison population per capita of anyone else. Not even the commies jail as many as we do. Now there's all sorts of secret things going on, and the government can wipe out all pretense to your rights simply by calling one a terrorist.

Our wars have no end, our debt knows no bounds, government is growing by leaps and bounds. AMD every time it gets a little bit more. Militarized police, no knock warrants, errosion of property.rights, etc.

To the liberals, what you wrote is music. Their proof of true freedom is that sodomy is now elevated to parity, that they can now "marry" if they are gay, and that they are free to pick restrooms based on how they feeeeeeeeeel.

Also, free food stamps, Obama phones, and contraceptives. And free to come out and have sex on Navy ships.

What the **** are you talking about? concealed carry was banned in most states since the 1800's until about the 1970's

Yes, and that is why your government keeps the gates open to let as many Muslim terrorists as possible. To speed up the process, they even import "refugees" against all the warnings from the FBI and, of all places, ISIS. Yes, ISIS, which freely and honestly says they will infiltrate the flow of "refugees" with their killers. The reaction from Obama and other loons? "We have to show the world we are not afraid."

I wonder if the 132 who died in Paris were afraid in the last few seconds of their lives.

I suspect the last 132 animals slaughtered in a slaughterhouse were in fear too. I wonder if the 132 in Paris had a clue that their killers might have been paid by some state intelligence agency?

I suspect the last 132 animals slaughtered in a slaughterhouse were in fear too. I wonder if the 132 in Paris had a clue that their killers might have been paid by some state intelligence agency?

Can you be more direct with your innuendo?

When did I authorize you to speak on my behalf?

You did not deny that violating rights was OK. That is you talking on your behalf buddy boy... Own it.

Yet, we take them seriously enough that people talk of a "clash of civilizations."

I understand that... but heart disease is no joke either.

Because :scared:

because the goal of terrorists is to kill far far more and if we don't guard against it, those odds get far worse

Ignoring terrorists worked well on September 11, 2001, didn't it?

The people who whine about engaging terrorists are the same people who blamed Bush for ignoring the threat.

Back
Top Bottom