• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Your favorite 21st century U.S. President

Who is your favorite 21st century U.S. President?

• Total voters
I don't mind Biden. He's managed a difficult balancing act reasonably well, and has pushed through some decent legislation. However I have to ding him on a number of things from a crappily organized Afghanistan withdrawal to political self-immolation trying to ram BBB as a single omnibus bill through budgetary shenanigans that were doomed to fail. He's done' some good things and he's avoided doing anything downright despicable. However he's done some boneheaded things that puts him middle-of-the-pack for me, two years in. For me, Obama's legacy, from ARRA to ACA to DACA is at the moment far, far more positively impactful on our nation's present state.

I think Biden could rise to the top if he were able to make a lasting positive improvement on legal immigration and border security, but this does not appear to be a policy priority--and with loss of the House, the window for forward motion is probably closed.

Wasn't Joe Biden the one who banned all Mexicans from entering the country if they were not fully vaccinated for COVID-19?

Wasn't Joe Biden the one who banned all Mexicans from entering the country if they were not fully vaccinated for COVID-19?
Yup. Good example of solid policy, thanks for pointing it out. This doesn't excuse for missteps in Afghanistan etc., but is additional evidence for why his performance has been decent / middle-of-the-road.

Joe has easily been the worst. Anyone but him.

All the poll choices are liars and frauds, but notice how some are cozying up to their fav criminal and even getting a little misty.

That's totally sensible? He banned most foreigners from entering the country if they were not fully vaccinated for COVID-19, regardless of country of origin. (The vaccine requirement has since been lifted.)

We already have our own population of idiots who think they can cure disease by drinking horse piss and shoving light bulbs up their asses. We don't need to import more idiots from elsewhere during a pandemic.

Last edited:
Joe Biden is the fifth man to serve as U.S. President in the 21st century. Including him, who do you think had the best job performance, and why?
You do realize that your poll question askes who is your "favorite" US President, and not who you believe had the best job performance. "Favorite" and "best job performance" can be mutually exclusive, as in not necessarily being compatible. A President can be a "favorite" for many people based on personal criteria other than, or unrelated to, that particular President's perceived "job performance" .

Btw, Clinton is overrated. Ushered in the Age of the Neoliberal DNC and we've been paying for it ever since.
I agree. I’m no fan of the DLC.

If I had to choose the worst among the above list, I would have a hard time deciding between Bush and Trump. Bush was responsible for untold deaths and maiming on foreign soil, and Trump’s killing fields were in the US.

Biden seems to have done the least amount of harm so far. (Afghanistan was doomed to be a debacle practically from day one.)

Biden’s presidency has been unexpectedly good in terms of legislation, but I suspect Pelosi gets a lot of that credit. I had voted for him in order to try and have a period of calm after the chaos of the previous presidency.

In terms of the other presidents, I’ve like them all for one reason or another, except for Trump. We could have done without those years.

Bushes biggest issue was getting us into pointless wars and the patriot act. His domestic policy was good enough to keep things tranquil. It wasn’t great or terrible. Obama was amazing domestically but his foreign policy was just the same warmongering. Clinton’s presidency was good but honestly I was just a kid at the time so I don’t remember much. Trump actively hurt this country.

Well, if I have to pick one of them, I would be forced to choose President Clinton.

He seemed to be a nice enough fellow.

His impeachment seemed so unfair.

Joe Biden is the fifth man to serve as U.S. President in the 21st century. Including him, who do you think had the best job performance, and why?
Trump doesn't count because he never really wanted to be president. Biden has the toughest job because he has to operate in the toxic environment created by Trumpism. He's doing a great job under really difficult circumstances.

It asks who was your favorite president and Trump was one of the choices.

And you are a liberal who thinks sarcasm is funny (even though it is always nothing but a lie).

Trump doesn't count because he never really wanted to be president. Biden has the toughest job because he has to operate in the toxic environment created by Trumpism. He's doing a great job under really difficult circumstances.

All Trump wanted was to be President. And because he got what he wanted, he does count.

Obama.

-Restored our respect in the world after a disastrous eight years under Bush.
-The steady, large economic recovery that spanned his entire presidency.
-Obamacare!
-Decisive response to the Ebola outbreak.
-Broke the color barrier!

Just a few things off the top of my head.

There is no reason to post that crap.

@SNOWFLAKE likes to use parody.

All Trump wanted was to be President. And because he got what he wanted, he does count.
No, I don't think so. I think he ran just to promote his brand and ended up winning the primary by accident. I think he was as shocked that he won as much as we were.

Even with the petro- leases and migrant policies, Biden has done the least harm.

I don't mind Biden. He's managed a difficult balancing act reasonably well, and has pushed through some decent legislation. However I have to ding him on a number of things from a crappily organized Afghanistan withdrawal to political self-immolation trying to ram BBB as a single omnibus bill through budgetary shenanigans that were doomed to fail. He's done' some good things and he's avoided doing anything downright despicable. However he's done some boneheaded things that puts him middle-of-the-pack for me, two years in. For me, Obama's legacy, from ARRA to ACA to DACA is at the moment far, far more positively impactful on our nation's present state.

I think Biden could rise to the top if he were able to make a lasting positive improvement on legal immigration and border security, but this does not appear to be a policy priority--and with loss of the House, the window for forward motion is probably closed.

Digging him for the Afghanistan withdrawal is not appropriate. Not at all. There has never been a withdrawal in the history of warfare without casualties.
I appauld Joe for have the balls to take the political hit.
BTW, he was destroyed for this. Completely and totally destroyed by the "biased media."
So I ask the crazies, with the big conspiracies everywhere, why were they not covering for them?
Instead they melted down like little girls. One of the most ridiculous responses by the media in my lifetime.

The maximum allowed on this forum is 10 choices. Do you know how many presidents we had during the last 30 years?

Yeah, the same ones you offered up. That was my point.. Hello!

Under 40, wtf are you talking about?

War criminal
War criminal
War criminal
Douchebag
War criminal.

The maximum allowed on this forum is 10 choices. Do you know how many presidents we had during the last 30 years? Or how many active members are under 40 years old?
One more than you listed. George HW Bush would have been added, and that takes us back past November, 1992. To get to 40 years ago, we'd add Reagan, and then for 50 years ago, we'd add Carter, Ford and Nixon.

And you are a liberal who thinks sarcasm is funny (even though it is always nothing but a lie).
Sarcasm IS funny. Depends if you have a funny bone. SLN lives on sarcasm. Most late night shows do. British humor oozes sarcasm. If you don't find something funny, here is a suggestion: pass it by. Whining about it doesn't make me look bad, but you can guess who does end up looking bad.

Back
Top Bottom