• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Your candidate decisions in general elections

How do you decide who to vote for?

• I vote for challengers in all races on the ballot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I vote for incumbents in all races if I like them

• I vote for all the candidates expected to win

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Patriotic Voter

Smarter than trolls
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
If you are an American citizen, it is not too early to start thinking about who to vote for. How will (or did) you make those decisions?

This poll is multiple choice and open for 6 weeks. You don't have to be registered to vote in your state/province to post comments.

If you are an American citizen, it is not too early to start thinking about who to vote for. How will (or did) you make those decisions?

This poll is multiple choice and open for 6 weeks. You don't have to be registered to vote in your state/province to post comments.

Almost all Republican candidates are right-wing extremists, and the Democratic party is almost always the only other option.

So except for rare cases, I have no choice but to vote Democratic.

I will not vote for election deniers, or anyone remotely connected to them. Those pushed by TRUMP are bad choices------pretty simple..

I will find it difficult to vote for an election denier as well. What occured Jan 6, 2021 is burnt into my brain.

Anyone who believes women deserve choices in their healthcare, that climate change is real, and doesn't think the Big Orange Loser is still president will get my vote. After the coocoo's are eliminated, I then vote for serious issues, and who I think will best accomplish them.

You know, like it used to be before the Trumptards and MAGAts. The loons are there for that portion of America who think our government is secretly rounding up infants and sucking their baby juice. That Covid vaccines will make you extra boobs, and want America to become the second coming of Christ land.

If I have a voting pattern, it is that I'm more likely to vote against someone than I am to vote for anyone - especially over the last 30+ years.

As far as I can remember, I've never voted for a Republican. That's not to say I never would, but the Dem has almost always better represented my views. And it's highly unlikely this election will be an exception to that.

When possible I tend to vote for a candidate that has the most integrity and seems to represent America/constitution/we the people the most
after that matching my personal views is second

to determine this when possible I look at a candidate's history and voting record

Locally up to the state level and or my federal representatives I've voted all over the map.

Presidentially ive only ever voted for independents/write ins and democrats. I could have voted for McCain, he didn't match "me" per say but i did think he was an integrity based person that cared about America

I used to vote for the best most experienced candidate in non-partisan positions, and in partisan positions, I would vote Democrat, unless I really liked the Republican or really disliked the Democrat.

well there is no such thing as a non-partisan position anymore. We have politicized every single job for which an election is required including judges, surveyers, Attorney's-general, treasurers, District Attorney city managers, county assessor. School board members.

I cannot afford to vote for any Republicans anymore. Its just plain dangerous to give any of them a platform off which they can build a career when you realize how likely they are to support a MAGA candidate down the road, and that saddens me. If the Democrat is a total sleeze, or looney tunes, I now have a real problem.

When there is no likely risk or downside, I will usually pick the more progressive candidate including green party candidates simply to encourage their candidacy, or ensure public funding for the green party.

I do my research and vote based off of that. I've voted for both Democrats and Republicans. Many times I vote against the party in power to try and ensure checks and balances in government. This election I will probably vote straight Republican, the "progressive" and "woke" policies the current Democrats want to ram through simply do not reflect my values.

I voted 3rd party for president a few times, voted Ralph Nader in 2000 since then I've gone straight D nationally, locally I've voted for 3rd party candidates.

I vote against Republicans.

Again.. It matters to be a truly effective and responsible voter > ..... People should "learn history".

In America, Right Wing Ideology has not been overly beneficial to America and American People and the Civility and Civic Principles of American Democracy from "Right Winger Ideology".

It's a fact and based on many of the comments made by Right Winger Conservative Idealist, they are under-educated and willfully so, about the real truths of American History. It goes back a Century and Decades...

One can go back in recent 20th Century times to the Assination of JFK, and find Right Wing Finger and Footprints all over that World Changing Atrocity. JFK: A President Betrayed another options for people with Amazon JFK: A President Betrayed

Other information about Right Winger Conservative Dis-service to The United States can be found in Review of Richard Nixon, re: "Watergate" Hearings, Then we can move forth and see more Right Wing Conservative damages to America, by Reviewing, "Fiasco", Ronald Reagan's "Iran/Contra" debacle and the collateral flooding of America with Cocaine. (Available on Roku and Amazon).

Then we have Trumpism and Republicans showing their Confederacy Ideological Agenda in Today's Times. that include the Jan. 6 hearings.

It's already understood that no Right Winger Conservatives of Confederate Idealism will review any of these aspects of history, as they've been trained in denialism, and they are fed what their handlers want to feed them via, Fox News, OAN, Newsmax and the multitude of Right Wing Media.

Those who want to vote and vote responsibly, will not be misled by "Right Wing Narrative Promotions", and they will look carefully at Canididates who promote principle of Liberty and Justice For and Among All, they will look and listen and invest to understand those who have vision and purpose for the better of American Society and Improvements within Our Nation and Better Relations with the Interconnected World of Diplomatic Relations with our Allied Nations.

When it comes to Local, people who vote responsiblty under and for the principles of America Democracy, will see and know that the attacks upon the Individualism of Woman as her own person and individual, is not to be infringed upon or against, they will see and know what is important in helping States and Cities "Redeveop and Rebuild' to meet the needs of society and the massive investment that is necessary in all areas, including improving the access to higher education as well as being with a fully open means to improve K-12 cirriculum programming to deal with real truths of history and life, and improve the civics educations to help "all" students learn the true and real principles of American Democracy.

All of this REQUIRED - the work of self investment !!! to research, investigate, and learn... It means stepping beyond the over narratives that attempt to misdirect and promote denialism. It means a self investment with a mind focused within the pursuit of "Understanding".

(Unfortunately, in all honesty; because of the daily challenges of work, inequity in economics and the drama impacts within life , many have not previously invested themselves within such pursuits, equally so, because of these same challenges, many have not kept up with current events over the past decades, and over the past 6 yrs, because of the 'daily madness" of Trumpism and Right Wing Republicanism, many are distracted by the continuation of drama antics and the extensively long list of illegalities and anti democracy stompings and promotions by right wingers and right winger media.)

Last edited:
Other.

I vote for anyone who will try to prevent and to punish people for robbery, sucker punching, looting, rape, & murder.

If I can, I hope to vote for Mr. C., a businessman, to be the next Los Angeles mayor.

Of course, he will lose.

As far as I can remember, I've never voted for a Republican. That's not to say I never would, but the Dem has almost always better represented my views. And it's highly unlikely this election will be an exception to that.

Good for you. Unfortunately, my dad was conservative and hated Democrats, so my family only got Republican campaign mail. I could not vote for enough Democrats without knowing much about them except that they were heavy underdogs. But I never voted for a Republican presidential candidate (my first was Bill Clinton's second run) and I always voted Democrat in the Ohio primaries.

Now that I live in Florida, I am officially a registered Democrat. No more Republican votes from me, regardless of who is on the ballot.

Back
Top Bottom