• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Yet another failed AGW prediction

I've posted proof hundreds of times, tired of doing it with the same people who don't learn.

As for the rest of your ignorant, unhinged, rambling rant... I do not care about your misconceptions. Everything you need to answer your problems lies in education on the issue.

Notice a trend here? People who can't learn who don't understand.

Post the proof that explains why the CO2 is working as it is predicted to be working despite its continued lack of actually working.

I will wait for you to actually post data.

Post the proof that explains why the CO2 is working as it is predicted to be working despite its continued lack of actually working.

I will wait for you to actually post data.

I think the data has been posted and when you put that data against extinction events of the past there is a correlation even if the time lines don't match. Now granted the Permian extinction took 10,000 years while the alarmists are giving us timelines in the hundreds of years I still think we need to be diligent in the examination of the data and what it means for the environment. No matter how you look at it we are talking about pollution and we should be looking for ways to reduce that even if the CO2 problem is not as critical to the climate as the models predict.

I think the data has been posted and when you put that data against extinction events of the past there is a correlation even if the time lines don't match. Now granted the Permian extinction took 10,000 years while the alarmists are giving us timelines in the hundreds of years I still think we need to be diligent in the examination of the data and what it means for the environment. No matter how you look at it we are talking about pollution and we should be looking for ways to reduce that even if the CO2 problem is not as critical to the climate as the models predict.

The narrative on this is that the CO2 being added to the atmosphere is a GHG.

Because the concentration of this GHG is increasing and destroying the natural balance, we are going to experience runaway global warming.

This warming will melt the Ice Caps and all other ice on Earth and flood the coastal areas of the world killing billions by this means and by excessive drought and more violent storms.

What I am asking is that the data that demonstrates the straight line cause-effect predicted by the warmers to actually be demonstrated in the real world. The Permian Extinction is so long ago and the proxies so inexact that the rise of temperature and the rise of CO2 cannot be accurately pegged as to which one came first. As a result, the question of which increase caused the other is in question.

What I am asking is that the data that demonstrates the straight line cause-effect predicted by the warmers to actually be demonstrated in the real world. The Permian Extinction is so long ago and the proxies so inexact that the rise of temperature and the rise of CO2 cannot be accurately pegged as to which one came first. As a result, the question of which increase caused the other is in question.

The data doesn't exist so don't hold your breath, all I am saying is "it happened before so it can happen again" and the data on CO2 levels looks very familiar. I think we would be remiss to disregard the possibility just because the alarmists are crying that the sky is falling. Look as far as I am concerned there is no harm in trying to find better sources of energy, what I oppose is the big global government tax solutions they are trying to justify with scare tactics.

The data doesn't exist so don't hold your breath, all I am saying is "it happened before so it can happen again" and the data on CO2 levels looks very familiar. I think we would be remiss to disregard the possibility just because the alarmists are crying that the sky is falling. Look as far as I am concerned there is no harm in trying to find better sources of energy, what I oppose is the big global government tax solutions they are trying to justify with scare tactics.

We seem to be in almost exact agreement, but I am not convinced that the increase in the CO2 levels can do what the warmers say it will do. My doubt is based primarily on the FACT that CO2 is not DOING what the warmers say it IS doing.

I'm not sure that the sudden rise of CO2 caused by the activities of Man will create a lasting condition on this planet. From what I've read in the links posted in this forum, the residency time of CO2 in the air seems to expire at about 100 years at the outside and must be constantly replaced or we turn into a snow ball.

The Egyptian saying that time laughs at man but the pyramids laugh at time seems appropriate here. In all areas, it seems, we give credit ourselves, the human race, with more power than nature has given us.

If we were to be robbed of our technology suddenly and had to live with only the tools available 2000 years ago, we'd be wiped out as a civilization almost immediately. There would be about 6.5 billion dead people rotting in the streets within a couple months. Our "footprint" would be fleeting and in a short time, gone.

Within 100 years, there will be a new energy source for humans to use and the use of Fossil fuels will define an "age" in our development, like Bronze and Iron.

The worry about atmospheric CO2 will be another of the curiosities that we carry forward with us. Another quaint superstition like Zeus, the Cyclops, dragons, vampires or the Kraken.

It will probably just be another Big Bad Wolf.

Back
Top Bottom