• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Yes, Chinese Spy Balloons Flew Over The U.S. When trump Was In Office

CaughtInThe

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

“I can nearly guarantee you that that balloon would not still be flying if we were still there,” Mike Pompeo, former Secretary of State under Trump, told Sean Hannity on Friday.

“The balloon spotted this week over Montana was not the first time the U.S. has detected Chinese balloons over their territory—with previous incursions occurring during the Trump Administration,” Bloomberg reported."

My favorite tweet today...

The balloon is steerable and constantly sending telemetry and intelligence data back to China via satellite. Waiting until its mission is finished is a giant blunder.

"We now know" -- as told to Swallows Well by his Chinese intelligence officer lover -- he's swallowed a lot from her over the years, and he'll keep swallowing more and more.

🙄

He's still sore from being kicked off the intelligence committee -- how can he report their discussions to his lover now?

The balloon is steerable and constantly sending telemetry and intelligence data back to China via satellite. Waiting until its mission is finished is a giant blunder.
Since I think your comment is partisan ignorance at best, giving you the benefit of the doubt on disinformation, prove that wrong. Tell me what valuable data the balloon might have collected, that China can't get from their satellites over the US? Looks like your post was a blunder.

Since I think your comment is partisan ignorance at best, giving you the benefit of the doubt on disinformation, prove that wrong. Tell me what valuable data the balloon might have collected, that China can't get from their satellites over the US? Looks like your post was a blunder.
Balloon is 30X closer to the ground than Chinese spy satellites orbiting overhead, so naturally it can take much better quality pictures.

"We now know" -- as told to Swallows Well by his Chinese intelligence officer lover -- he's swallowed a lot from her over the years, and he'll keep swallowing more and more.

🙄

He's still sore from being kicked off the intelligence committee -- how can he report their discussions to his lover now?
Well, no, that would be information from the Pentagon.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

"Hey president Xi, these fire ants are fierce!"
Right -- that's how you guys reacted when AlQaeda attacks kept occurring in Middle East -- you just laughed it off, and continued fixating on your hate boners for the Serbs (a country which never attacked USA)
Then 9-11 happened, and you guys ran scrambling around with your pants down, nervously explaining how 9-11 was Bush's fault, and that you'd been vigilant boyscouts against jihadist terror groups.
"We were #1 in vigilance against jihadists! Nobody was more vigilant than us! No sirree!"
🙄

You'll be spouting the same kind of crap when China really runs amok.
"I never laughed at the China threat! Not me! No sirree! I challenge you to find even a single post of me showing this!"

Right -- that's how you guys
Don't have guys, sorry.

ant.gif

reacted when AlQaeda attacks kept occuring in Middle East -- you just laughed it off, and continued fixating on your hate boners for the Serbs (a country which never attacked USA)
Then 9-11 happened, and you guys ran scrambling around with your pants down, nervously explaining how 9-11 was Bush's fault, and that you'd been vigilant boyscouts against jihadist terror groups.
Potatoe. Potatoe Head. Tomatoe. The Last Supper. o_O

Don't have guys, sorry.

Potatoe. Potatoe Head. Tomatoe. The Last Supper. o_O
Keep sticking your head in the sand like an ostrich. Then come running later on - denying that you ever did.
"Never laughed at the threat! Not even once! Not me! I challenge you to find a single post where I laughed! I always took things seriously! It's actually your fault this happened! You were lax! I was vigilant!"
🙄

Right -- that's how you guys reacted when AlQaeda attacks kept occurring in Middle East -- you just laughed it off, and continued fixating on your hate boners for the Serbs (a country which never attacked USA)
"We were #1 in vigilance against jihadists! Nobody was more vigilant than us! No sirree!"
🙄

You'll be spouting the same kind of crap when China really runs amok.
"I never laughed at the China threat! Not me! No sirree! I challenge you to find even a single post of me showing this!"

What demented comments.

Clinton set up a unit dedicated to Al Queda, elevated Richard Clark to fight them, and was briefed daily on the progress. Bush reversed all of that and DID trash our chances to prevent 9/11. Biden has made no changes to make us less prepared on China, and has actually escalated commitments to Taiwan, probably too much. But Republicans will lie about that too.

Keep sticking your head in the sand like an ostrich.
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Dude, kick back for a reality lesson.

The advantage a balloon has over a satellite is that it can capture movement. Additionally, it can capture radio signals, but the default response is to jam the signals.

There is nothing of interest a balloon can see that a satellite cannot. Camera resolution is not a factor.

Then come running later on - denying that you ever did.
"Never laughed at the threat! Not even once! Not me! I challenge you to find a single post where I laughed! I always took things seriously! It's actually your fault this happened! You were lax! I was vigilant!"
🙄
I don't know why you include this blather, but I don't read it.

Balloon is 30X closer to the ground than Chinese spy satellites orbiting overhead, so naturally it can take much better quality pictures.
I wasn't asking you, but now prove your assertion. Spy satellites can take pictures with all the resolution they need. Show evidence what useful information the balloon can collect the satellite can't.

Our military has a whole class of ELINT aircraft that gathers intelligence data flying near foreign countries. There's a lot more than just taking pictures. Think communications. It's the same reason why the Russian & Chinese embassies has a roof full of antennas.

You know they have hundreds of satellites, right?

Our military has a whole class of ELINT aircraft that gathers intelligence data flying near foreign countries. There's a lot more than just taking pictures. Think communications. It's the same reason why the Russian & Chinese embassies has a roof full of antennas.
The radio signals were likely jammed. Not a whole lot on that balloon that was inaccessible to satellites.

I wasn't asking you, but now prove your assertion. Spy satellites can take pictures with all the resolution they need. Show evidence what useful information the balloon can collect the satellite can't.
Really? Orbiting satellites have infinite resolution? They have perfect sigint reception? A balloon would clearly do better on both -- provided it could get access to the airspace.

You're dodging the question posting a sleight of hand. Yes, there are different set of information collected, situationally. That has nothing to do with this balloon necessarily. Just saying 'but a plane has a use in some situations' doesn't answer the question. Show evidence of what specifically this balloon could capture their satellite can't. Hint: the military said it posed no threat in what it can capture. Prove them wrong.

Really? Orbiting satellites have infinite resolution? They have perfect sigint reception? A balloon would clearly do better on both -- provided it could get access to the airspace.
I have 20/0.0000000000000000000000000001 eyesight. I have infinite resolution.

Back
Top Bottom