• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Would you support her having an abortion now?

Should this woman be permitted to have an abortion now or must she wait until she miscarries?

• Total voters
If a two year old child has cancer, is expected to die in three weeks, and has temper tantrums which cause great psychological stress and grief on the parents is it moral for the parents to shoot and kill the child? My thoughts on this: Once the child actually dies from cancer then it's okay to shoot the child.
What a stupid analogy.
I'll guess that the replies to this are that the fetus has no value and that value is arbitrarily obtained upon birth during the biological life cycle.
Abortion is a medical decision between a woman and her doctor. Mind your own business.

The old male politicians may have walked out while she was describing what she's been through but I guarantee you that a ton of women in that state are going to keep voting pro-choice.

Maybe even some of their wives and daughters will vote pro-choice.

It's so astonishing to me, in 2024, that this is even an issue at all in this country. Vote, vote, vote, the Christian Nationalists out of our government! They have no business in it, and can take their hocus pocus logic back to their churches.

It's so astonishing to me, in 2024, that this is even an issue at all in this country. Vote, vote, vote, the Christian Nationalists out of our government! They have no business in it, and can take their hocus pocus logic back to their churches.
Old dudes trying to control young women they don't even know.

That's a big ole red flag.

If men can transition into women, and men can pummel women in womens sports then men are perfectly qualified to discuss abortion. So spare me your bigotry.

Here's the perfect example of a person who uses a legitimate complaint by real victims of hate, where there's none being given, to make a purely condescending statement against the trans community and to the poster they're replying to, regarding a subject they have no insight on.

It's not clever, or cute, it's just plain ugly, but it's your choice, it's a free country and I will point out how butt ugly it is to do this shit and my best guess is that you'll continue to do it.

I've always wondered what % of old politicians (who try to control young women) just simply don't have sex anymore (divorce, loveless marriages, physical issues, etc, etc, etc).

And how many of their VOTERS are in the same boat.

Because the % of young, vibrant men/women who want to control women seems to be a lot less.

Discuss all they want. But nobody has any business involving themselves in a decision between a woman and her doctor.
Certainly not any level of government.
Well when the baby gets some consideration from an advocate we will not have to do it.

I've always wondered what % of old politicians (who try to control young women) just simply don't have sex anymore (divorce, loveless marriages, physical issues, etc, etc, etc).

And how many of their VOTERS are in the same boat.

Because the % of young, vibrant men/women who want to control women seems to be a lot less.
Yeah, how dare they think about the life of that unborn child.

Generally I believe data would prove it to be valid in most states that restrict abortions. Then again, show me states where women are the majority of voting age citizens who also have the majority of members who hold seats in state legislature. So yes, old white male Republicans represent a voting block at state and national levels.

It remains difficult for women to establish anything close to equal representation in government, state and national.

As long as you judge people by skin color, sex and age, you are being a bigot. I would suggest you look past identity politics to achieve a more enlightened view.

Here's the perfect example of a person who uses a legitimate complaint by real victims of hate, where there's none being given, to make a purely condescending statement against the trans community and to the poster they're replying to, regarding a subject they have no insight on.

It's not clever, or cute, it's just plain ugly, but it's your choice, it's a free country and I will point out how butt ugly it is to do this shit and my best guess is that you'll continue to do it.
I didnt make a 'condescending statement against the trans community.' I made a condescending statement against the hypocritical, neo-Marxist DP community.

Yeah, well that rings hollow coming from big government leftists who want the government involved in every other aspect of our lives. The debate over when life begins and when ending it ceases to be a choice is a scientific, legal and moral decision that should be decided by the people
We the people ARE the government. The system was really genius. Right now we the people are voting MAGA out and allowing them to marginalize themselves through their ridiculous words and actions. Clever fellas those founders.

Yeah, well that rings hollow coming from big government leftists who want the government involved in every other aspect of our lives. The debate over when life begins and when ending it ceases to be a choice is a scientific, legal and moral decision that should be decided by the people
Yeah, well this rings hollow coming from a rightist who wants legislation to rule every aspect of life. 'The people' have no bloody business trying to involve themselves in a private medical decision between a woman and a doctor.
Where the hell do you get off? It's bloody creepy, you and the rest of the right thinking you're allowed to even know what they're talking about, never mind thinking your opinion needs to be considered.

I liked the framework of Roe as policy, and how it measured the interests of the state and the individual. Beyond that, it should be handled like any other medical procedure and regulated for patient safety and consumer awareness accordingly. I am not in favor of regulating it into extinction as was commonplace in red states before it was overturned

Yeah, well this rings hollow coming from a rightist who wants legislation to rule every aspect of life. 'The people' have no bloody business trying to involve themselves in a private medical decision between a woman and a doctor.
Where the hell do you get off? It's bloody creepy, you and the rest of the right thinking you're allowed to even know what they're talking about, never mind thinking your opinion needs to be considered.
The state has a role because we are talking about human life here. I get that as a Canadian you dont understand this, but then maybe you shouldnt comment in areas you know nothing about.

We the people ARE the government. The system was really genius. Right now we the people are voting MAGA out and allowing them to marginalize themselves through their ridiculous words and actions. Clever fellas those founders.
That would make sense if the head of MAGA wasnt leading in every poll

Back
Top Bottom