• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

World of Warcraft maker to end anonymous forum logins

Social networking is the primary attraction to MMOs. Your friends, or the lack there of, make or brake the game for you. The game itself becomes secondary. Even buying gold is nothing more than a tool to stay in the group. You need to be able to fly where the group flys, raid where the group raids, etc.

I've noticed that the primary issue taken with RealID is not so much with being targeted for advertising but in negative/unwanted social interaction.

Last edited:

Raids aren't simply born from the dungeon finder.
When you're in a PUG 5-man it displays your server next to your name

Activisions stock fell today. Wondering if that will continue for a bit

Last edited:

More changes coming.

Yeah randoms arent too bad. I random in the mornings when the dedicated players are getting their things done before work and I rarely run into incompetents, i just end up doing 40-50% of the dps half the time. Nobody seems to use the random raid finder or raid que. But plenty of raids fall apart and I end up saved to crap because ppl suck and I'm not able to schedule into my guild raids.

If you have evidence of this bring it up with the moderators, this is not tolerated around here..... period.

My brother serves the Western alliance, that includes your country and your community. If you think he would abuse his position in the military then screw you. :roll:

Now i know very little about what he can and can't do, but just bear that in mind, and also remember revealing your full name on the internet is never a clever idea anyway. And Gray Fox, your a douche.

Last edited:
Great blog entry by Shade explaining why this has raised the ire of so many: An Open Letter to Blizzard « Shades of Grey

The amount of people who cancelled subscriptions must have been alot ....

Blizzard reverses RealID in forums.

World of Warcraft - English (NA) Forums -> Regarding Real Names in Forums

Victory! :kitty:

Dammit. I was soooo looking forward to starting new adventures with a new game and my old friends...

Same but for me this reverse may be good news but all I see is a delay. They will test the waters again at a later date.
I think it's time for me to explore outside of Blizzard, this was merely the trigger.

Last edited:
Same but for me this reverse may be good news but all I see is a delay. They will test the waters again at a later date.
I think it's time for me to explore outside of Blizzard, this was merely the trigger.

Come play DDO with us? Though, I think a new boundary is going to be set with this new game. I am only gonna play when my friends are on, I think. We can quest together but aside from that, not really interested in a new internet crack habit since I am finding out this week how fun life was before WOW.

So much for all those around the net that said people complaining on forums wouldn't matter. That threats of canceled subscriptions wouldn't matter and that a negligible amount of people would have actually canceled subscriptions. That all the complaining and the protesting of it was for naught as they wre just a vocal minority that would not sway Blizzard.

And Blizzard likely was intelligent in having their guy make the announcement and not have it being something out of Koticks mouth.

A wonderful example if anything of the power of the customer in the digital age.

I'll start downloading it now, will be fun without the EU/US barrier.

I haven't logged on since the fiasco started and honestly after years of it, I felt relief when I cancelled my subscription.
After raiding sometimes 5+ times a week 4-6 hours every time, I am not interested in anything heavy

I also got myself a new PS3 =)

Last edited:

To be honest I am shocked they listened.

This would never EVER happened if it was EA.

Why can't I meet a girl like you here in the US?

To be honest I am shocked they listened.

This would never EVER happened if it was EA.

My only honest guess in this is that the rumor going around that blizzard employee's were very upset about this as well and that reportedly a number of their forum moderators and even employees were on the verge of stepping down over it probably helped push it. If this was a bunch of Guitar Hero fans doing this directly to activision I truly wonder if it would've worked. Part of me buys a bit into the rumors about the blizz employee's and think that a lot of it was internal pushing as well as external. To me that's the only thing that would fully make sense.

Why can't I meet a girl like you here in the US?

<3
Find 'em up at Blizzcon
My partner does not understand my gaming habits or addiction or my love of hello kitty, shame he can't learn that from you.

Alot of the US MVP's on the forums were going to leave if this were implemented and some of the EU CM's had reservations about it.

So internally I doubt this was very popular considering the blogs that demonstrated what can be found by just a name.

I can tell you from working at SOE that those guys very much pay attention to the community. I can't imagine Blizz is much different.

<3
Find 'em up at Blizzcon
My partner does not understand my gaming habits or addiction or my love of hello kitty, shame he can't learn that from you.

Well here's to that!

:kitty::kitty::kitty:

Some of these people are probably in the same clans with blacks as friends and don't even know it. :lol:

Some of these people are probably in the same clans with blacks as friends and don't even know it. :lol:

Which was in part my point. What would happen when they suddenly noticed that Skullhunter was actually Ezekial Jackson or Miguel Colón or a "Muslim" sounding name

Like "Saddam Abdullah Bin Durka Osama Mohammed Mustafa Jaffarahad". It'd blow their mindz.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…