• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Women keep saying they have a right to chose

Logical1

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Yes women do have a right to chose. CHOSE TO BE RESPONSIBLE and use contraceptives. Much more responsible than murdering a baby.

Yes women do have a right to chose. CHOSE TO BE RESPONSIBLE and use contraceptives. Much more responsible than murdering a baby.

How does one "chose"?

Abortion does not "murder a baby". Over half of women who abort were using contraception. Even if they weren't, they still have a right to abort.

You do know that contraception fails, right?

A fetus. I'm sick of people like you who want to keep women from making their own decisions using the same old false line of killing babies and yet the right just dismisses the hundreds of thousands who have died from covid. Absolutely sickening. Your morals aren't mine.

Threads like this make me wonder why they give lethal injections to the condemned.Why don't they just sever their spine.It's painless.They do it every day to babies.

Threads like this make me wonder why they give lethal injections to the condemned.Why don't they just sever their spine.It's painless.They do it every day to babies.
And it works great!!!

Sure, women have the right to choose re: abortion and also the right to choose to be responsible.

Here's just how responsible a choice abortion can be:

1603151660664.png

So...women and men know that no birth control is 100% effective and everyone knows that adults are welcome to share all the responsible consensual sex they want. They also know that they have responsible options if there's an accidental pregnancy.

Do you deny the above are responsible reasons? If you deny it, please explain.

Really? Is that how you believe most abortions take place? Gee, then you are very very uninformed. Posts like yours make me wonder if most Americans actually took high school health class.

97.5% of all abortions take place early and consist of painlessly flushing a raspberry-sized or smaller unborn from the womb.

The rest are later term, generally "wanted' pregnancies that end up needing to be terminated for medical reasons. Sad, but necessary. And by law...all such abortions require lethal anesthetic injection before removal.

So...I'm sorry to have had to fill in for some days you skipped school but I hope you can now sleep better knowing that no abortions cause any pain or suffering to the unborn. Do you feel better now?

90% of all abortions are done at or before the 13th week of pregnancy. At 13 weeks the fetus is less than 3inches long and weighs less than an ounce. There is no severing of spines at 13 weeks.

Why don't you get your facts straight before you start hyperventilating over something that doesn't happen.

Yes women do have a right to chose. CHOOSE TO BE RESPONSIBLE and use contraceptives. Much more responsible than murdering a baby.

Most women who don't want to get pregnant DO use contraceptives. The problem is that ALL contraceptives can and do fail occasionally. No contraceptive has a 100% guarantee against unwanted pregnancy. And no, total abstinence from sex isn't what I call a contraceptive.

In any case, it doesn't matter how a pregnancy occurs. Each woman who gets pregnant has the right to decide for herself whether or not to continue the pregnancy. If you aren't the woman who is pregnant, it isn't your decision. Nor should it ever be.

How does one "chose"?

Abortion does not "murder a baby". Over half of women who abort were using contraception. Even if they weren't, they still have a right to abort.
In addition, some forms of contraception like Plan B are also an abortion. Is the morning after pill irresponsible? It is more irresponsible to bring an unwanted child into the world.

In addition, some forms of contraception like Plan B are also an abortion. Is the morning after pill irresponsible? It is more irresponsible to bring an unwanted child into the world.

Plan B is another name for the morning after pill. It prevents implantation of the fertilized egg so they are post conception chemicals.
It can be called and abortifacient but what ever is aborted is not a baby and It is impossible for a fertilized egg to be granted a full set of rights. not only is it irresponsible to give birth to a child you don't want, it is also cruel and unjust to the child. This country can't /won't do right by the children here now. More unwanted children are a bad idea.

Why are the anti abortion crowd like you so obsessed with telling lies. It is as if you already know you have not one intelligent or worthwhile argument to support your case so instead you just spread bullshit remarks like this.

Back
Top Bottom