• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

WMDs & The UN Inspectors...

Originally Posted by M14 Shooter
Yawn.

So you have claimed.
You still havent cited the part of the Constitutioin where Congress gets this power over the President in the role of CinC.
You remind me of that "Vancom Lady" on Mad TV when she puts her fingers in her ears and goes, "la-la-la-la..." everytime you go into this mantra of yours. By now, as many times as you have repeated this, its fastly becoming less to do with this debate than the prisoners you refered to a couple of posts ago.

Personnally, I don't care whatever you want to believe. But when we start discussing reality, as in the "War Powers Act", Congress sets the rules and the President obeys them.

M14 Shooter said:
Allow me to yawn again.

The article he posted had everything to do with POWs and nothing to do with the power of the CinC to command the military absent a DoW.

As such, its irrelevant to the conversation.

For whatever reaon, you just can;t see that - I'd wager because you dont want to.

The War Powers Resolution is law now. Accept it and move on.

Back
Top Bottom