• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Witnesses For God/Jesus - What Are You Witnessing About?

tosca1

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I was drawn to these lines this morning as I read John 10.
Those were said during the time of Jesus on earth - when He was proving Himself through the miracles that He did.

That subject on arrogance would not be dropped and go away so easily, it seems.

Looks like, that infamous quote had indeed................................. "stepped on a nerve."
That's no surprise. It's quite an important subject.
It strikes at the very heart of the Gospel.

Lest anyone mistakes that this is about Maher - no, it's not.
It's about anyone who tries to silence witnesses.

John 10
25 Jesus answered them, “I told you, and you do not believe; the works that I do in My Father’s name,
these testify of Me.

John 10
32 Jesus replied to them, “I showed you many good works from the Father; for which of them are you stoning Me?”

Without witnesses - which include all the disciples who had seen what Jesus had done - would the Gospel have been spread to all nations, let alone in that region?

So, now that Jesus had Resurrected and no longer walks like He did when He was still living with His disciples and doing all sorts of miracles - it doesn't mean that it all ends there.

WITNESSING CONTINUES EVEN TODAY!

What is a witness?
Someone who has a first-hand account of what he had seen, heard or experience.

"The Role of a Witness All Throughout Scripture

In Acts 1:8, Jesus calls his disciples witnesses and calls them to go to the ends of the earth with this good news by the power of the Spirit:

“But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” Acts 1:8

But this isn’t just a New Testament thing that started with Christ sending out his disciples, it is something that we can see throughout the entire lens of scripture!
From the beginning, we can see God’s plan to use His people to be His witnesses to the other nations around them.
He calls a people to Himself to know Him, to be set apart, and to tell of what they’ve experienced to all the nations around them.
They were to be His representatives to the world!

Isaiah 43

10 “You are My witnesses,” declares the Lord,
“And My servant whom I have chosen,
So that you may know and believe Me
And understand that I am He.
Before Me there was no God formed,
And there will be none after Me.

11 I, only I, am the Lord,
And there is no savior besides Me.

Throughout all of scripture we can see God’s people called to be witnesses in order to declare this true and faithful God that we know and have experienced. This declaring is not only in word but in deed.

But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.
Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.
1 Peter 2:9-10

Likewise, as Christians, we are called to be witnesses for Christ who present a testimony about the truth that we have experienced and heard."

But, what have we actually witnessed that we can testify to?
We were not there to actually see Him healing and raising the dead. We were not there when He got up and left His tomb.

For starter.......

John 14
13 And whatever you ask in My name, this I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
14 If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it.

Last edited:
Well, anyone should see, that there is a peculiar thing on this planet.

In fact there are a few peculiar things, the Bible, the Church, the I Am, and the Indian Religion.

So what? What will you find on the next planet you go to?

Will you remember and write of the Christ that died for you?

Will you be part of that planet on the morrow that He writes about in Isaiah chapter 43?

Better to be part of His angelic hosts.

Back
Top Bottom