• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Will we see war crime prosecutions, and are they justified?

Will we see war crime prosecutions, and are they justified?

• Yes we will see them and they are justified.

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Yes we will see them but they will not be justified.

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • No we will not see them but they would have been justified.

Votes: 14 29.2%
  • No we will not see them and they would not have been justified.

Votes: 27 56.3%

• Total voters

No. In my opinion, from everything I have seen, there simply are not legitimate grounds for such prosecutions. To borrow from the Rome Statute, which encapsulates the provisions of the Hague and Geneva Conventions that define the paramters of war crimes, the following conditions need to be satisfied:

At this time, there is no credible legally-admissable evidence that either President Bush or Vice President Cheney deliberately and knowingly sought to evade international obligations arising from the Laws of War. Bad policy choices, ill-informed decisions, a poorly-designed tribunal process (since addressed by the U.S. Supreme Court), unpopular decisions, etc., do not constitute war crimes. Such matters are beyond the scope of the Laws of War. Instead, they properly rest in the electoral process and other domestic political machinery. Given that neither President Bush nor Vice President Cheney will be serving in office beginning January 20, 2009, the best one can reasonably expect is to learn more about the decisionmaking process, assess what went right and wrong in their judgment, learn from the experience, etc.

You have got to be kidding!

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to make you eat these words.

Give me a break!

We attacked in violation of Article 51 of the UN Charter. Iraq did not attack us. Which makes this war, a war of aggression. Your position is so partisan it makes me vomit!

Last edited:
Oh but it does. Our Congress ratified that treaty. And that makes it part of our Constitution. So we broke our own law as well. And coming from a nation that is based on the rule of law, that makes us a bunch of ****ing hypocrits!

You think $12 billion a month for the last 6 years doesn't have an effect on our economy? Get your head out of the sand!

Holy poo... Im the only one who voted yes. and yes. Maybe I am living in a fairy tale land.

You don't read the Constitution much, do ya? Any treaty our Congress ratifies becomes part of the Supreme Law of the Land. And once its a law, it stays a law, until Congress formally repeals it. Which, in this case, they never did.

Of course it effects an economy, the economy goes up, as it does in all wars because of military needs. Care to adress why the economy has underperformed? Do you debate that the nineteen hundreds were the set up to this mess? If so, why?
This war is one of the causes for the downturn in the economy. The main reason for the downturn, is the Republican party. Starting with Ronald Reagan and Phil Gramm, we started taking away all the safeguards (Glass-Stiegal) Roosevelt put in after the first Wall St. collapse. Then Bill Clinton jumped in and kept the deregulating ball rolling during his Administration. This happens to be one of the issues I have with ole Bill. Then Bush came in and put the nail in the coffin. I realize both sides have blood on their hands over this, but it was the Republicans who had virtually 12 years of absolute power where they could of done something good for Americans, but they didn't. They went the opposite way and catered to the corporate oligarchy.

Getting back to the war, have you looked at how much money goes to the Pentagon each year. Almost $900 billion dollars. And that's obscene. Which is why I go ballistic when I see you war-hawks post a bunch of crap! Enough is enough! Remember this, you are in the minority. The majority of American's are against this war.

LOL I know that, but cannot ratify any treaty that interferes with constitutional law, by contract law standards that would make anything along the lines of linternational law inadmissable, what part of that don't you get?
What the hell do you know about contract law? You can't even use this websites software right! You keep debating yourself, or responding to yourself, or quoting someone with your name as the heading, or someone else's name as the heading...

Once Congress ratifies a treaty, it's not just international law, it's American law as well. What part of this do you not understand? Oh, I forgot, everything! You don't understand ****in' nuttin'.

I'm the most non-partisan poster in this forum. You are so far to the extreme fanatical right, you consider John Birch a lefty.

Defense spending IS constitutionally protected, AND mandated. If you want to complain about money, complain about what spending the constitution DOES NOT protect or mandate.
Not the amount, which is ****ing obscene. But I wouldn't expect a war-hawk, who gets his ya-ya's out bombing innocent women and children with Predator drones, would see that.

Not the amount, which is ****ing obscene. But I wouldn't expect a war-hawk, who gets his ya-ya's out bombing innocent women and children with Predator drones, would see that.

Gotta love you attacking the troops day in and day out. Have you no shame?

:roll:

Right, that's why I see you attacking the right less than the left.:roll:

That is his schtick he thinks he is not a partisan when he is one of the most anti-american, anti-semetic, anti-troop, posters you will ever come across...

Don't bother. :roll:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…