• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Will Trump be able to cash in on his presidency?

will Trump get lucrative business deals because of his political ties?

• Yes, Putin will give Trump business deals

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • No, not after a humiliating loss

Votes: 7 87.5%

• Total voters

swing_voter

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
When Trump loses in 13 days, and is kicked out in January, will he get lucrative business deals because of his political ties?

We will be in a better position to answer the OP question once we get a glimpse of Trump's prison canteen bill from Leavenworth.

To be serious for a moment (as I sometimes am), I've read that Trump, if defeated by Biden, will purchase the conservative America One cable news network and use it as a platform to continue to push political agendas. According to sources, Jared Kushner has already been in talks with the current owners of the network. It was reported that Trump was planning to do the same thing had he lost to Hillary in 2016. Trump kind of hinted at this during one of his recent tirades against Fox News.

Trump is one of the most famous people on Earth now. It's naive to think his entire family won't be able to capitalize on that for generations.

We will be in a better position to answer the OP question once we get a glimpse of Trump's prison canteen bill from Leavenworth.

Puff it or pass it homie.

Spffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

To be serious for a moment (as I sometimes am), I've read that Trump, if defeated by Biden, will purchase the conservative America One cable news network and use it as a platform to continue to push political agendas. According to sources, Jared Kushner has already been in talks with the current owners of the network. It was reported that Trump was planning to do the same thing had he lost to Hillary in 2016. Trump kind of hinted at this during one of his recent tirades against Fox News.

At a net worth of $10.75B, Trump would be a "minority" partner, at best, of America One News Network.

I believe Trump's presidency has hurt the Trump brand. That is really all his business is based on. Most of his properties have been losing money for a long time. Unless he can find financing from some overseas source, who knows what kind of deals he has cut while president, he is probably headed for a few bankruptcies. Somehow he makes money off them.

Well that would be the quick way to put America One into bankruptcy court as so many other trump businesses do.

Despite your administrator bias by invoking Putin, the answer is "of course he can/will cash in" - not because he is Trump, but because of the position. The Clintons are WILDLY wealthy, especially considering that they've both been civil servants for their whole careers, and he wasn't exactly in the champagne and caviar section of life as governor of Arkansas. The Obamas are also quite wealthy and are everywhere, and exposure equals money. Ask the Kardashians about exposure and money - both kinds of exposure.

Trump has a massive cult of personality. Obviously his presidency will allow him to make money. It's the nature of the beast.

When Trump loses in 13 days, and is kicked out in January, will he get lucrative business deals because of his political ties?

If Mr. Trump loses the upcoming election, he will NOT "get lucrative business deals because of his political ties" simply because he will NOT have any "political ties".

Trump is one of the most famous people on Earth now. It's naive to think his entire family won't be able to capitalize on that for generations.

Jeffrey Dahlmer was quite famous too. I rather suspect that his family had some difficulty capitalizing on that fact.

Adolf Eichmann was quite famous too. I rather suspect that his family had some difficulty capitalizing on that fact.

Rudolf Hess was quite famous too. I rather suspect that his family had some difficulty capitalizing on that fact.

Mary Malone was quite famous too. I rather suspect that her family had some difficulty capitalizing on that fact.

Despite your administrator bias by invoking Putin, the answer is "of course he can/will cash in" - not because he is Trump, but because of the position. The Clintons are WILDLY wealthy, especially considering that they've both been civil servants for their whole careers, and he wasn't exactly in the champagne and caviar section of life as governor of Arkansas. The Obamas are also quite wealthy and are everywhere, and exposure equals money. Ask the Kardashians about exposure and money - both kinds of exposure.

Trump has a massive cult of personality. Obviously his presidency will allow him to make money. It's the nature of the beast.

The Clintons made most of their money from two sources:

1. people were willing to pay to hear them speak about public affairs;

and

2. they wrote books that people bought to read.

Once out of power, I rather suspect that most people simply won't pay to hear Mr. Trump speak about public affairs and the people who support Mr. Trump aren't likely to actually buy a book.

Jeffrey Dahlmer was quite famous too. I rather suspect that his family had some difficulty capitalizing on that fact.

Adolf Eichmann was quite famous too. I rather suspect that his family had some difficulty capitalizing on that fact.

Rudolf Hess was quite famous too. I rather suspect that his family had some difficulty capitalizing on that fact.

Mary Malone was quite famous too. I rather suspect that her family had some difficulty capitalizing on that fact.

Lol, okay. Very good comparisons.

I believe Trump's presidency has hurt the Trump brand. That is really all his business is based on. Most of his properties have been losing money for a long time. Unless he can find financing from some overseas source, who knows what kind of deals he has cut while president, he is probably headed for a few bankruptcies. Somehow he makes money off them.

Trump may make money off them personally, though the business loses money. It isn't too unlikely Trump ends up putting in much less of His own money than He takes out.

After both Clintons left office Republicans heaped scorn on them for making mad bank on book deals and speaking engagements, so I have zero doubt Republicans will likewise condemn Trump for profiting off of the name he made for himself as President when he leaves office. I also have zero doubt they condemn him right now for having profited off the Presidency while he's been in office for the last 3.5 years, because Republicans are good people who never make up the rules as they go.

After both Clintons left office Republicans heaped scorn on them for making mad bank on book deals and speaking engagements, so I have zero doubt Republicans will likewise condemn Trump for profiting off of the name he made for himself as President when he leaves office. I also have zero doubt they condemn him right now for having profited off the Presidency while he's been in office for the last 3.5 years, because Republicans are good people who never make up the rules as they go.

When sharp tongue pokes through when in cheek.

Wow, another extra stupid OP messages. Putin already has endorsed Biden.

You mean like Obama, Biden and Clinton did?

Over the past four years, the entire World has been shown irrefutable proof that Trump has absolutely no credibility. The odds are not very good...and, that's without even talking about the fact that no banks would loan him money, before he took office.

Wouldn't he have to write a book, or have people willing to pay money to listen to him speak, or something like that?

Those are 2 ways to cash in on a former presidency. Do you have any others Trump might employ?

He's been doing that for the past 4 yrs....

Just as he spilled info to the Russian, when he would not allow journalist in the room... he'll sell what ever secrets he can, We have not forgot how he invited Lavrov to the White House, the day after Putin met with the Ukraine President, (Whom Trump still has NOT invited to the Whitehouse)... Yet, Lavrov was there, standing at Trump's Right Hand Side, BEHIND the Desk of the President!!!
Trump has to protect his boss, "Putin", because he knows Putin can order the Oligarch's to call in the Trump loans at any moment, because Trump knows one simple thing. "Without the lust for Money" he values nothing else. Other than "Ivanka"!!!! Ivanka knows as long as he lust over her, that she can pretend that she's Princess of America.

These Cult Followers are still unaware that he does not give a damn about them, he amass them in gatherings because it feeds his "ego" to know he can still lead cultist types like Jim Jones led his cult.

Last edited:
No, fortunately for him he has been cashing in for the last 4 years.

Back
Top Bottom