• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Will the US Start Losing Foreign Students and Foreign Tuition? (1 Viewer)

Will the US Lose Foreign Students and Foreign Tuition?

• Yes, a substantial number will forego an American university.

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • Yes, but it won't be that many

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • No, the number of foreign students will stay about the same.

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • No, there will be an increase in the number of foreign students.

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
Imagine all the billions that could be saved not funneling money to illegal immigrants!

I am talking about legal immigrants. You do know that quite a few college students are legal immigrants, right?

A unique situation happens every school day in NYC compliments of the NY Teachers Union,
here are some of the REAL JOBS of Academia

'A group of teachers, along with about six hundred others, in six larger Rubber Rooms in the city’s five boroughs,
have been accused of misconduct, such as hitting or molesting a student, or, in some cases, of incompetence,
in a system that rarely calls anyone incompetent.

The teachers have been in the Rubber Room for an average of about three years, doing the same thing every day—
which is pretty much nothing at all. Watched over by two private security guards and two city Department of Education
supervisors, they punch a time clock for the same hours that they would have kept at school—typically, eight-fifteen to
three-fifteen. Like all teachers, they have the summer off. The city’s contract with their union, the United Federation of
Teachers, requires that charges against them be heard by an arbitrator, and until the charges are resolved—the process
is often endless—they will continue to draw their salaries and accrue pensions and other benefits.

“You can never appreciate how irrational the system is until you’ve lived with it,” says Joel Klein,
the city’s schools chancellor, who was appointed by Mayor Michael Bloomberg seven years ago.

Neither the Mayor nor the chancellor is popular in the Rubber Room. “Before Bloomberg
and Klein took over, there was no such thing as incompetence,”

What in hell is this about? Do you have a link to a source that explains this so it can be understood?

What about other countries where the public school systems aren't failed? Are the schools run by conservatives in Finland or Canada?
Or is this all just hyper-partisan bullcrap, just more whining, complaining and poo-flinging by low-functioning right-whingers?

I can't speak for other countries

All I can tell you is our public schools are very liberal and not getting the job done when it comes to education

What in hell is this about? Do you have a link to a source that explains this so it can be understood?

I am very surprised that you have never heard of public teacher rubber rooms

This has been a national story for at least 10 years

I can't speak for other countries

All I can tell you is our public schools are very liberal and not getting the job done when it comes to education

And you think one equals the other? Schools are liberal, schools are ineffective, therefore liberals are why schools are ineffective. That's how you see it? You might be right- apparently those liberals were unable to teach you logic.
Here's a challenge. Look at it state-by-state. Red and blue. Look at right-to-work states where teachers unions aren't a factor. Which states are bringing the national average down?

I am very surprised that you have never heard of public teacher rubber rooms

This has been a national story for at least 10 years

Well, I'm in a different nation. I'll have to read about it.

And you think one equals the other?

Schools are liberal, schools are ineffective, therefore liberals are why schools are ineffective.

That's how you see it? You might be right-

apparently those liberals were unable to teach you logic.

Here's a challenge. Look at it state-by-state. Red and blue. Look at right-to-work states where teachers unions aren't a factor. Which states are bringing the national average down?

Yes, that is exactly how I see it

And there is no reason to be insulting

Particularly from a foreigner who has no dog in this fight

Well, I'm in a different nation. I'll have to read about it.

Yet here you are arguing with Americans about their education system as if you knew what the hell you were talking about

Yes, that is exactly how I see it

And there is no reason to be insulting

Particularly from a foreigner who has no dog in this fight

Red state, blue state, which has the better school system record? Liberal state, conservative state, who scores higher?
I know the answer, and so do you.

Yet here you are arguing with Americans about their education system as if you knew what the hell you were talking about

I do know what I'm taliking about. If you think my nationality disqualifies my opinion, I'd say you don't know what you're talking about.

Red state, blue state, which has the better school system record? Liberal state, conservative state, who scores higher?
I know the answer, and so do you.

Unfortunately even the uber liberal blue states are way behind the rest of the world

I'm signing off with you because its pointless to argue with an outsider who does not know what they are talking about

Unfortunately even the uber liberal blue states are way behind the rest of the world

I'm signing off with you because its pointless to argue with an outsider who does not know what they are talking about

(grin!)
Any port in a storm, huh?
Considering I'm in a country that ranks fairly decently education-wise I'd guess I know at least as much about the subject as you but God forbid anything should upset your partisan apple-cart.

There is hardly an 'anti-immigrant ideology' in our country. No one is saying that regular immigrants are bad, and nor are we saying that they don't work hard. People who believe that nonsense are foolish. Donald Trump led his campaign on an anti-ILLEGAL immigrant segment, which is something most people supported in the first place. Studies have shown that over 50% of Hispanics alike are against illegal immigration. It's the same for illegal Canadian immigration, it's still bad and the perpetrators should still be deported. Same goes for all other countries in the world. Illegal immigration is unacceptable in all cases, which leads into my next point. The notion that Trump's policies will infuriate the whole world is, quite frankly, dumb. If people from other countries don't like his policies, and many don't, then they shouldn't worry about it in the first place. They don't live in the U.S., they did not vote. 'That wall' won't rise, because most people are not as obsessed over politics. In addition, public funding for education should be cut constitutionally. The U.S. Constitution limits the federal government to international affairs and interstate affairs. That being said, the government has no place in internal state affairs, such as public funding. Also, many public universities are proven to be worse than private colleges such as Harvard or MIT. The decrease in public universities would increase the amount of colleges that are private and more individualized, hence raising educational standards and therefore improving them.

(grin!)

Any port in a storm, huh?

Considering I'm in a country that ranks fairly decently education-wise I'd guess I know at least as much about the subject as you but God forbid anything should upset your partisan apple-cart.

Could be

Or, only fools stand on the bow of a ship and piss into the wind

You're not from around here and obviously do not uderstand education problems in my country

Could be

You're not from around here and obviously do not uderstand education problems in my country

Everyone on this board is treated with equal respect, no matter which country they're from, including our moderators from overseas.

Alt-right Conservatives would do well to listen to objective opinions about MY country right about now .

Everyone on this board is treated with equal respect, no matter which country they're from, including our moderators from overseas.

Alt-right Conservatives would do well to listen to objective opinions about MY country right about now .

Foreigners have a legal right to post here

No one said they couldnt post

Foreigners have a legal right to post here

No one said they couldnt post

Then don't pass judgement on them for not being from around here, since you've only been around here for 7 months.

Or tell them that they obviously don't understand our educational problems.

I do, since I taught chemistry and physics for 36 years.

You might learn something from our Canadian and British friends by LISTENING to them, instead of your description of pissing into the wind .

Could be

I'd say there's at least an even chance you don't understand education problems in your country. It's not rocket surgery. Just leave religion and patriotism and partisanship behind and teach. Science, art, history, math, lit, all of it. Teach all of it. That's the job. No liberal or conservative involved.

I do know what I'm taliking about. If you think my nationality disqualifies my opinion, I'd say you don't know what you're talking about.

But you never heard of a rubber room

If you don't live in America you can't possibly appreciate how screwed up our liberal public education system is

And when. I try to tell you I get snarky "logic" insults

One of your buddies said I should listen to foreigners more

But I think foreigners should listen to Americans once in a while on topics about America instead of arguing with them from a position of ignorance.

IF you listened more YOU might learn something

Then don't pass judgement on them for not being from around here, since you've only been around here for 7 months.

Or tell them that they obviously don't understand our educational problems.

I do, since I taught chemistry and physics for 36 years.

You might learn something from our Canadian and British friends by LISTENING to them, instead of your description of pissing into the wind .

I have never met anyone from the failed liberal public education who admitted any fault on their side

The most common excuse is that the students are not good enough to learn from the brilliant teaching they have to offer

I have never met anyone from the failed liberal public education who admitted any fault on their side

The most common excuse is that the students are not good enough to learn from the brilliant teaching they have to offer

'failed liberal public education', There you go again, Mac77, with your failed stereotyping of public schools. You wouldn't have survived the quality public high schools here in northeast Illinois.

Too bad I can't get my students to give testimonial of how well prepared they were for the college classroom.

DeVos will be s disaster, just like trump .

But you never heard of a rubber room

If you don't live in America you can't possibly appreciate how screwed up our liberal public education system is

And when. I try to tell you I get snarky "logic" insults

One of your buddies said I should listen to foreigners more

But I think foreigners should listen to Americans once in a while on topics about America instead of arguing with them from a position of ignorance.

IF you listened more YOU might learn something

With GOP governors in your state of Texas since 1995, I can understand your feelings of what the GOP did to your public education .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom