• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Will the federal government ever have a budget surplus again?

Can you foresee the government ever having a budget surplus again in your lifetime?

• Total voters
It is amazing the level of discretion allowed to enforcers of the law.

For once I agree with you. It IS totally amazing how this administration has, over and over, used it's discretion in enforcing only the laws it wants to enforce while liberals then turn around and claim that the federal government actually is enforcing the laws.

It is amazing the level of discretion allowed to enforcers of the law.

Yes. MR is saying that the mere existence of undocumented immigrants is evidence of a general failure of Obummer to enforce immigration law. We don't go nuts trying to completely rid society of traffic law violators, so why should we take that approach to "illegals"? How much do people operating vehicles while under the influence of alcohol or other drugs threaten public safety — threaten in the sense of killing and severely injuring thousands of Americans every year? How about people driving dangerously in other ways that are easy to enforce, like excessive speeding or overly aggressive driving?

Gubmint doesn't have the resources needed to eradicate those violations of law, and I don't hear the Right calling for a large increase in spending to reduce the number of dangerous drivers on the roads. They seem wiling to accept having someone, perhaps a pal or relative, drive home drunk from a bar (or "bah," as we call them in New England), but they find it impossible to tolerate a middle-aged couple from South America I recently met, both working full-time as custodians at a private religious school, living in an upstairs apartment in a sort of run-down old mill town where they're raising their teenage son, who is doing very well in school and working part-time, a good kid with good parents, and pretty good movement with decent velocity on his fastball and a couple of other promising pitches, a star on the local youth league team, and a leader in a number of civic and religious groups, including the Boy Scouts where has has a national role as a regional … leader.

MR wants them deported, and as it happens they don't live in one of those "sanctuary cities," where liiiiiiiibruls protect them from prosecution and deportation as "illegals," people who must be immediately removed from our presence. Sounds like MR wants to launch a very expensive and, as it turns out, socially destructive, nationwide campaign to drive these … taco bowls … out of our country, and figures that the people should rise up and demand that the federal gubmint ENFORCE THE LAW! so as to not allow these teat-suckers like the family I just described to exist among us.

Btw, this family I've been talking about pays federal income taxes and FICA cuz they come out their paychecks, they pay the seven percent state sales tax and the federal and state gasoline taxes and their landlord covers the property tax with the rent and they pay taxes on some utilities and they have a dog so they pay for a licence (money well-spent), but don't qualify for any safety-net benefits because they don't have the required … documents. They will never collect on those Social Security and Medicare tax payments cuz they don't have papers. They may end up hurting in twenty years or so having nothing for retirement, but I figure their son is an investment that may pay off quite well when it comes to his parents having enough to get buy when they're old and frail.

This is why liberals call them "undocumented." That's the nature of their existence.

The Right is focused on building a very high and very beautiful wall and then tossing the vermin we can round up over it. Liberals want to find a way that these problems can be worked on without driving busloads of Hispanic Americans though the big beautiful door in the big beautiful wall. The buses would contain a lot of people we're better off keeping, their stench of illegality notwithstanding.

Sniff, sniff. What is that, spices in their diet? It's not as bad as Negro smell, but I can do without it.

Speaking of Negroes, I'd say Obummer has changed immigration law enforcement by redirecting resources and bringing a new focus to immigration policy. I'm confident that he's having a substantially positive influence on this issue.

For once I agree with you.

You should consider doing it more often.

>>It IS totally amazing how this administration has, over and over, used it's discretion in enforcing only the laws it wants to enforce while liberals then turn around and claim that the federal government actually is enforcing the laws.

Just another example of His mysterious ways. They're all around us, there to be seen.

Last edited:
I don't know how you find the time to write so many words that total up to nothing.

I don't know how you find the time to write so many words that total up to nothing.

Well, I've seen you say nothing with a lot fewer words, so you'd have a point if I hadn't come up with that so quickly.

Back
Top Bottom