• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why The Democrats Cheered Trump’s Defeat, But Should Be More Panicked Than Ever

Don't mind at all if he points it out. I worked on the issue years ago. But he needs to quote sources and not apparently make up stuff like the taped women, Mexican rapists, black on white homicide, etc., without offering proof. He had to backtrack on the "middle easterners in the caravan" claim. His problem is that he lies so frequently, even about stuff that is easily checked, that his credibility is in the toilet with people he needs to win over. He's got his base. They don't care if he makes up stuff. Others do.

~~~~~~
Surely, Trump is the first president to lie to the people of America. I seem to remember when I was told "If I like my Doctor I could keep my Doctor and "Obamacare would not cost one dime more. Period". “American oil production is the highest that it’s been in eight years.” Obama said the fence between America and Mexico was “basically complete”; yet the Department of Homeland Security admits just 36.3 miles or 5% of the border is fenced. He “saved or created over 150,000 jobs,” in 2009.

Last edited:
~~~~~~
Surely, Trump is the first president to lie to the people of America. I seem to remember when I was told "If I like my Doctor I could keep my Doctor and "Obamacare would not cost one dime more. Period". “American oil production is the highest that it’s been in eight years.” Obama said the fence between America and Mexico was “basically complete”; yet the Department of Homeland Security admits just 36.3 miles or 5% of the border is fenced. He “saved or created over 150,000 jobs,” in 2009.

There are lies by presidents like keeping your doctor and WMD (both which I think were wishful thinking), there are somewhat vicious lies like Nixon's secret plan to end the VN war or Reagan's praise of a mass murderer in Guatemala, there are charming lies when Reagan mixed up movies with real life or said the US was the only country with founding documents starting with "we the people." And there is Trump in a league of his own. As someone said, Washington couldn't tell a lie, Nixon couldn't tell the truth, and Trump can't tell the difference. But who am I to criticize, as up to now Trump supporters don't care? I just think he would be better off in expanding his support and pushing his issues if he stopped making stuff up wholesale.

Back
Top Bottom