• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why Saturday Night Live Is More Important Than Ever

soylentgreen

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Why would they care? SNL sucks and has my whole life.

Saturday Night Live: Donald Trump Presidency Makes Show Vital | Time.com

I wonder how the trump supporters react to this. Do they realise there is a danger or are they dismissive?

Mockery can be very effective in moving peoples opinions and at the moment SNL is getting stronger.

I think it's a damn shame everything is becoming politicized.

But it's no surprise that SNL (hollywood) is overwhelmingly Liberal. Nothing like being virtue signaled about the average mans issues by people in massive million dollar homes in gated communities.

I think it's a damn shame everything is becoming politicized.

But it's no surprise that SNL (hollywood) is overwhelmingly Liberal. Nothing like being virtue signaled about the average mans issues by people in massive million dollar homes in gated communities.

SNL comes from new York like they say in every show. Live from New York its Saturday Night.

Saturday Night Live: Donald Trump Presidency Makes Show Vital | Time.com

I wonder how the trump supporters react to this. Do they realise there is a danger or are they dismissive?

Mockery can be very effective in moving peoples opinions and at the moment SNL is getting stronger.

How silly. It's very funny. I'm not sure how anyone could be offended so far... though I have to admit I missed the last one. There's no danger to Trump supporters. Comedians have been making fun of presidents forever... except for Obama. If a comic did too much, they were labeled racist.

SNL comes from new York like they say in every show. Live from New York its Saturday Night.

point being that almost any show/movie with a political agenda in America today is a Liberal agenda

point being that almost any show/movie with a political agenda in America today is a Liberal agenda

Really How bout America imagine the world without her. And I bet if you really look hard you might find about 10,000 more

How silly. It's very funny. I'm not sure how anyone could be offended so far... though I have to admit I missed the last one. There's no danger to Trump supporters. Comedians have been making fun of presidents forever... except for Obama. If a comic did too much, they were labeled racist.

You don't think Obama was parodied in SNL?Hillary has been parodied for years.

He just did not have the attributes that made the comedy write itself (like Palin and Trump). Those two supplied their own ammunitions.;)

Really How bout America imagine the world without her. And I bet if you really look hard you might find about 10,000 more

Bet not. Most stuff in Hollywood is liberal and or feminist. Has been that way for a long time now.

If they were trying to promote understanding that might be a good thing.

But that is not what they are after is it?

The Left is clearly ****ed in the head.

I hope they snap out of it.

You don't think Obama was parodied in SNL?Hillary has been parodied for years.

He just did not have the attributes that made the comedy write itself (like Palin and Trump). Those two supplied their own ammunitions.;)

I loved the Gangman Style parody. Bet I watched that a dozen times.

That I will agree with, but that was before I was born.

apparently Jane Curtin was miss goody two shoes-I think one of the cast members called her "a little catholic school girl" but the rest of them resembled Al Pacino at his desk 10 minutes before the end of scarface

They are going after ratings.

Is Trump still affiliated with NBC? It just seems like he is taking one for the (NBC)team.:lamo

Then you missed a really good routine right after he got elected they found a guy who was a bit actor who looked just like him and he gave the "clean up Washington" routine. It was hilarious and NO ONE I knew or heard of said a damn thing.

Maybe some kids on a campus did but they don't count. They think a white man wearing black gloves is racist.

In a way yes they are trying to foster the understanding that duck has no idea what he is doing as CEO and does he have a clue how the government or his office works

apparently Jane Curtin was miss goody two shoes-I think one of the cast members called her "a little catholic school girl" but the rest of them resembled Al Pacino at his desk 10 minutes before the end of scarface

Back before they became political. Members like Laraine Newman, Jane Curtain, Gilda Radner, Garrett Morris , John Belushi, and Chevy Chase.

I thought you said he wasn't parodied because the people who did it would be called racist.

Back before they became political. Members like Laraine Newman, Jane Curtain, Gilda Radner, Garrett Morris , John Belushi, and Chevy Chase.

They were never not political just not as.

I had a gigglefest over Barack "the Rock" not so much 'political" as "cute"

Politicians ought to always be the subject of ridicule.

Back
Top Bottom