• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why is cannabis not legal throughout the united states?

:lol: No apologies required, friend. Come on up when you need a break from all that crazy. :)

Thanks for the offer but I live in florida, I might freeze in the summer up there.

To be correct, cannabis is not legal anywhere in the US. It should be.

As for reason, politicians are a bunch of spineless idiots who would rather look the other way rather than make something right.

They are slowing getting there. Truly I'd never thought I'd see recreational weed legal anywhere in the US in my lifetime but we now have it even if it's just a couple or more states. Hopefully the ones looking the other way are voted out or realize the benefits.

Because at one time, unprescribed drug use was inexorably tied to personal moral decay and social dissolution that would rot communities just as public intoxication, gluttony and sexual hedonism did, and would in turn lead to worse vice and crimes. Now, I would argue that doing these things can and still does lead to personal moral decay and dissipation that leads to communities crumbling. But in an age where communities have atomized, and most people do not care about maintaining social capital, every form of self-gratification must be allowed.

Yes indeed, the devil's harvest was indeed tied to morality. Tied there by white people who never used it themselves but decided to become self appointed 'experts' on the subject which gave them the 'right' to demonize it in any way they saw fit. So basically a bunch of lies were created to tell america how bad cannabis is. You get addicted, you lose your mind, you kill people, rape people and every other sin/crime under the sun. What's really sad is so much of the bs is still believed today. Cannabis could be the singular most important plant of my lifetime. Let's find out with research.

Thanks for the offer but I live in florida, I might freeze in the summer up there.

Doubt it... Get's up to 95 here in the summer. :) For at least two months of the year, Canadians emerge from their igloos, and get wild assed with long, hot summer days by the lake, good Canadian beer, and now, good Canadian bud. Try it...you'll like it. ;)

Doubt it... Get's up to 95 here in the summer. :) For at least two months of the year, Canadians emerge from their igloos, and get wild assed with long, hot summer days by the lake, good Canadian beer, and now, good Canadian bud. Try it...you'll like it. ;)

I'm pretty sure I would like it.

They are slowing getting there. Truly I'd never thought I'd see recreational weed legal anywhere in the US in my lifetime but we now have it even if it's just a couple or more states. Hopefully the ones looking the other way are voted out or realize the benefits.

I'm not sure. To date I haven't seen a single federal pot law proposed. Same for sanctuary cities. Congress is spineless. We need better.

We either need the law or we don't. If we do, enforce. If we don't, get rid of it. If Congress won't, get rid of Congresscritters.

Back
Top Bottom