• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why has Japan not asked for forgiveness for WWII?

Why has Japan not asked for forgiveness for WWII

• Total voters

Bodi

Just waiting for my set...
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Did we ever apologize for dropping two nukes? That would seem to be the worst thing of all.
It's not even close imo. Hitler's unprovoked crimes against humanity stand alone and will likely for all eternity be considered uniquely evil. Japan's wartime aggression is a close second.

It's not even close imo. Hitler's unprovoked crimes against humanity stand alone and will likely for all eternity be considered uniquely evil. Japan's wartime aggression is a close second.

I was speaking in terms of apologies owed for war. We dropped nukes. Only country to ever do that.

I was speaking in terms of apologies owed for war.
You classed the nukes as the "worst thing of all". That's the bit I was disagreeing with.
We dropped nukes. Only country to ever do that.
We also turned cities into fiery death traps by intentionally bombing so as to cause conflagrations in cities. Lots of bad stuff happens during wars.

Whether you agree with the justification of using nukes or not one thing is certain - whichever country developed nuclear weapons first was going to use them in WWII.

You classed the nukes as the "worst thing of all". That's the bit I was disagreeing with.

We also turned cities into fiery death traps by intentionally bombing so as to cause conflagrations in cities. Lots of bad stuff happens during wars.

Whether you agree with the justification of using nukes or not one thing is certain - whichever country developed nuclear weapons first was going to use them in WWII.

I appreciate the allansplaining, but I clarified where my remark was aimed. If you’d like to have a larger conversation about ww2, that’s fine, I guess? I don’t care.

I appreciate the allansplaining, but I clarified where my remark was aimed.
You are stating that nuking Japan was the "worst thing of all" and clarified it was in reference to war. It's not the worst thing of all in that war. The initiation of that war itself is the worst thing of all.

You are stating that nuking Japan was the "worst thing of all" and clarified it was in reference to war. It's not the worst thing of all in that war. The initiation of that war itself is the worst thing of all.

Very philosophical. I don’t agree.

Thx.

That’ll show ‘em.
and it did too, and they should always remember we have no qualms with using them again, and again, until we have our way in any war.

Only american's lives matter, our allies...as long as they choose to be...and no one else's.

Only american's lives matter, our allies...as long as they choose to be...and no one else's.
You are only speaking for yourself because the US and its allies in practice seek to minimize civilian casualties in conflict zones.

Better question:

Can you name a country that has apologized for starting a war ever?

I was speaking in terms of apologies owed for war. We dropped nukes. Only country to ever do that.
I was very grateful when the US dropped atom bombs on Japan and remain so to this day.

Very many US, British, Chinese and other allied lives were saved by the sudden and immediate Japanese surrender.

Development of nuclear weapons was a joint Anglo-American project and I would like to see the UK getting more credit.

I was very grateful when the US dropped atom bombs on Japan and remain so to this day.

Very many US, British, Chinese and other allied lives were saved by the sudden and immediate Japanese surrender.

Development of nuclear weapons was a joint Anglo-American project and I would like to see the UK getting more credit.

Yay nukes!

Im not sure if Japan ever made reparations but the country is still severely ethno nationalistic but is making some strides.

Back
Top Bottom