• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Why George W. Bush Really Invaded Iraq

Here is an introduction to logic for any of you liberals out there. When there are numerous explanations that make sense for why something happened (we invaded Iraq to remove a guy who starts wars, commits genocide, and sponsors terror), it is NOT logical to assume that something far less likely (Bush is an evil Disney villain stealing oil and working for the evil Jews -who the racist left always finds some way to identify as the source of all bad things) caused it.

Logic.

Try it.

Oil companies are rolling in more money than they were as a result of this war. Yes or no?

Logic.

I'm tryin' it.

Oil companies are rolling in more money than they were as a result of this war. Yes or no?
I haven't seen any studies on it, but off the top of my head, I would think no. The price per barrel has gone up as well as the cost of production. That has more to do with China than the war. How do you think they benefited from the war?

aquapub said:
...the racist left...
At what point did this select group come to include Mr. Buchanan?

Aquapub,
Since the Anti-Defamation League's national director Abraham Foxman publicly stated that questions concerning the pro-Israel leanings of administration officials should be accepted as legitimate, on what basis do you to label these questions racist?

Are you up to addressing any of the salient points I've made? Or any of the snippets from Max Boot, the neocon, I quoted in post #12 of this thread?

Or is confusedly labeling Pat Buchanan and Arnaud de Borchgrave as left-wingers the extent of your foray?

Last edited:
Gandhi>Bush said:

Logic.

I'm tryin' it.
Last I heard, which was about a year ago, the big oil companies wouldn't touch Iraq because of their concerns over the legitimacy of the source of governance there. No one wants to get caught with their pants down when it could mean the loss of [sagan]billion and billions[/sagan] of dollars.
Those who're rolling in the dough are military contractors, subcontractors and mercenaries who're being paid w/ our hard earned tax dollars.

aquapub said:
Here is an introduction to logic for any of you liberals out there. When there are numerous explanations that make sense for why something happened (we invaded Iraq to remove a guy who starts wars, commits genocide, and sponsors terror), it is NOT logical to assume that something far less likely (Bush is an evil Disney villain stealing oil and working for the evil Jews -who the racist left always finds some way to identify as the source of all bad things) caused it.

Logic.

Try it.

Here is an introduction in History. If you use the facts and exclude mythology then appy logic you have a better chance of reaching the truth.

The US did nothing to discourage Iraq's aggression against Iran if anything we encouraged it. The US did nothing to discourage Iraq's invasion of Kuwait and in fact when Saddam Hussein told us of his intentions we said that its none of our business.

The US increased support of Saddam Hussein substantially following the gas attack at Halabja. Saddam's friends in the executive branch of US Government sabotaged attempts in Congress to establish sanctions against Iraq. Look up "The Prevention of Genocide Act".

Abu Nidal and Abu Abbas were known to live in Iraq at the time that we 'increased' support for Saddam and sabotaged any attempt to impose sanctions.

In mid April of 1990 less than four months before the American Public became aware of this 'next Hitler etc etc.) a group of US Senators were telling Saddam to ignore the 'pampered press' in the US and their criticism of his human rights record.

Now add the fact that exhaustive search has found no wmd andthat even if there had been there is no rational reason to believe that Saddam Hussein would dare share them with the perpetrators of 911.

Now apply logic to how a nation that has arranged the overthrow of elected governments in Iran, Guatemala and Chile to have them replaced by brutal dictators who were our friends now goes to war to spread democracy.

The same administration that that had high level contact with coup leaders in Venezuela in 4-02 before and after the coup and who rushed to embrace that coup against the elected government of Venezuela.

Now apply logic and while your at it please explain what you mean by liberal.

Thought those who were interested might enjoy one of the latest in the ongoing Israeli "mole" scandal:

U.S. Aide Arrested Amid Signs That Lobby Probe Widens

This is a prominent sideshow in an investigation that's in its third year. The investigation's apparently looking into any illicit relationships between various governemnt officials and Israel's intelligence agencies.
Apparently Mr. Franklin was caught up somewhat incidentally. He was not initially a subject of the investigation.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom