• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why don't you move to Europe?

JC Callender

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I often hear Liberals talk about how great things are in Europe. The people are nicer, crime rates are lower, etc...have you ever considered moving there? I would say I'm Conservative/Libertarian leaning and I don't recall anyone from my political lean talking about a part of the world that's doing so much better than the U.S., but if there was such a place, I certainly would consider moving.

I always wanted to retire in Munich, that has been my #1 choice for 30 years.

Not now, not after they let the Muslim Hordes invade.

I often hear Liberals talk about how great things are in Europe. The people are nicer, crime rates are lower, etc...have you ever considered moving there? I would say I'm Conservative/Libertarian leaning and I don't recall anyone from my political lean talking about a part of the world that's doing so much better than the U.S., but if there was such a place, I certainly would consider moving.

It would be better to argue it out and so persuade why they err.

I was gonna say, haven't you heard about the Sharia Police going around recently? Germany, and France... are in for a world of hurt.

thats because they want to see America as an extension of European ways.

Why? It has changed nothing.

thats because they want to see America as an extension of European ways.

And yet some others still like to say this country was built by Europeans and are proud of their Anglo-Saxon Heritage.

And yet some others still like to say this country was built by Europeans and are proud of their Anglo-Saxon Heritage.

people no matter who they are can be proud of their heritage, but thats not what i mentioned.

i know people who want america to be modeled after Europe, which was the point.

people no matter who they are can be proud of their heritage, but thats not what i mentioned.

i know people who want america to be modeled after Europe, which was the point.

We should not be modeled after anyone other than what is within our Constitution and Bill of Rights set forth by the Founders.

I am just pointing out a fact that some that seem to dislike Europe so much are at the same time claiming privilege based on their European ancestry. Has America been the perfect example, nope, and that means we do not have it all figured out and have plenty of room for improvement.

We should not be modeled after anyone other than what is within our Constitution and Bill of Rights set forth by the Founders.

I am just pointing out a fact that some that seem to dislike Europe so much are at the same time claiming privilege based on their European ancestry. Has America been the perfect example, nope, and that means we do not have it all figured out and have plenty of room for improvement.

i am only making the point that they want high taxes, forceful government and a very liberal social state

And France has not been operating under a state of emergency caused by the muslims for over a year either...

Right?

It really has changed nothing. Crime is still far lower than the US, you are more likely to die in your state than you are than die of of a terrorist attack in Europe.

Libertarians talk about voting with their feet all the time. Go to Anarchapulco next February and I will guarantee you will see plenty of them.

It really has changed nothing. Crime is still far lower than the US, you are more likely to die in your state than you are than die of of a terrorist attack in Europe.

A lot has changed already, and in case this never crossed your mind....when one picks a place to live out the rest of their days what the place is like today is only part of what needs to be considered....what the place will likely be like over the entire span of time is the correct yardstick to use.

Europe has let huge numbers of the enemy within its walls.

This will be a huge problem eventually.

Ironically, like Canada, most European nations tend to have rather strict immigration policies. The vast majority of them wouldn't be allowed in. :)

i am only making the point that they want high taxes, forceful government and a very liberal social state

Well some do, I doubt the man in the street wants the first two, and everyone has their own opinion when it comes to a liberal social state.

A lot has changed already, and in case this never crossed your mind....when one picks a place to live out the rest of their days what the place is like today is only part of what needs to be considered....what the place will likely be like over the entire span of time is the correct yardstick to use.

Europe has let huge numbers of the enemy within its walls.

This will be a huge problem eventually.

They are temporary you will not be seeing them there in 10 or 20 years, and in the mean time they have not had a significant impact.

They are temporary you will not be seeing them there in 10 or 20 years, and in the mean time they have not had a significant impact.

They are not going anywhere until/unless the establishment gets overthrown there as it has in America. I am not betting on that, because I am not sure that the Europeans are capable of revolt, both because of their histories and because of the speed bumps that the elite in Europe have put up to guard against it...I am think of such things as controls on the press and on free speech and non approved political movements.

Democracy is weak in America to be sure, but Europe is far worse off in that regard.

They are not going anywhere until/unless the establishment gets overthrown there as it has in America. I am not betting on that, because I am not sure that the Europeans are capable of revolt, both because of their histories and because of the speed bumps that the elite in Europe have put up to guard against it...I am think of such things as controls on the press and on free speech and non approved political movements.

Democracy is weak in America to be sure, but Europe is far worse off in that regard.

I would argue that democracy is much healthier in Europe, they have many different viewpoints represented that work together more or less for the betterment of society. As well as stronger protections for rights and freedoms. They are refugees and by their very nature of being a refugee they will be returned unless they fully integrate into their European new homes. Most of the Syrians and Iraqis want to return home but they have no choice but to flee for their lives right now.

The constitution and bill of rights is modeled on Europe, Britain to be specific, with some minor modifications.

And you are right, there is plenty of room for improvement.

I would argue that democracy is much healthier in Europe, they have many different viewpoints represented that work together more or less for the betterment of society. As well as stronger protections for rights and freedoms. They are refugees and by their very nature of being a refugee they will be returned unless they fully integrate into their European new homes. Most of the Syrians and Iraqis want to return home but they have no choice but to flee for their lives right now.

Towards your education:

A Sorry History of Self-Deception and Wasted Opportunities
Turkish immigrants have been coming to Germany since the 1960s, but for many years Germans assumed the "guest workers" would return home one day. The country's refusal to face up to the reality and the lack of a proper immigration policy led to today's integration problems.
Turkish Immigration to Germany: A Sorry History of Self-Deception and Wasted Opportunities - SPIEGEL ONLINE

There is a big difference at the Turks worked so they had some use, but there will be no push by the current elite to force the muslims out, because they are sure that Europe dies with the current birthrate of Europeans, and many expensive efforts to address the low birthrate over years have not worked. Even assuming that the first generation of Mulism are dead weight the elite think that the second will be saving Europe.

Plus Africa has always been a disaster, Afghanistan has always been a disaster, and the entire ME looks to be a disaster for the forseeable future....the ancient homelands will never be OK.

Last edited:

You must be joking. Americans have the choice between the corporate establishment lite, or the same with radical overtones. There is no other. The orange headed fellow that has taken control is very much a product of the establishment, a New York scam artist born with a silver spoon in his mouth. In other countries, their freedom of choice has been taken away by brutal suppression, threats, executions, and similar. In the US, rights have been curtailed because so many don't bother to read, or to take part in elections, or particularly give a sh**.

In Europe political opinion is diverse, and for the most part, represented in civil society. That's why there are multiple parties in European countries, because it is natural that there will be a lot of opinions among millions of people. Ever ask yourself why 320,000,000 people have generated only 2 political parties, both of them similar in outlook? Maybe you should.

The fact is, Americans have never revolted against anything. The American Revolution was the angst of shopkeepers and entrepreneurs, who wanted profit without restraint. Most of the population at that time did not support them, and many simply left, rather than take a stand. And it has been more or less the same since, including the great depression, when starving Americans accepted the status quo in large numbers, some even reviling FDR for attempting remediation. We could go on.

Back
Top Bottom