• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why doesn't our DOJ prosecute persons in the last Admin who violated the law?

Why doesn't DOJ prosecute those who tried to throw the election?

• Because doj is a bunch of wimps

• Because everyone knows the last Admin was perfect

• Who knows?

• Unwritten law in DC: never accountability save for everyday schmucks

• Only Republicans licans are held accountable, silly

• Obummergate is a fantasy made up by crazy trumpers

Results are only viewable after voting.

2distracted

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Why doesn't DOJ prosecute all the people they've undoubtedly discovered to have done wrong in last Admin.to derail Trump campaign, the Trump presidency?

D's get away with stuff

But I still don't want to he a Dem
Someday we gave to meet Jesus

Why doesn't DOJ prosecute all the people they've undoubtedly discovered to have done wrong in last Admin.to derail Trump campaign, the Trump presidency?
Your poll ignores the reality, which isn't as simple or cut as dried as you imply.

The reasons...yes, I said reasons...are numerous. Here are a few of them:

1. Corruption at the highest levels.

I'm not talking about the current highest levels. I'm talking about the highest levels before Barr came on the scene. Here's an example...the entire sequence of events surrounding James Wolfe.

2. Maneuvers by the criminals to provide themselves with plausible deniability.

Here's an example...the email that Rice sent herself on the day that Trump was inaugurated.

3. The Mueller Investigation.

Yes. The Mueller team effectively controlled the DOJ from May 2017 until Barr was installed as AG.

As I said...a few of the reasons. Now...since Barr became AG and the Mueller thing ended, Barr has taken on the task of investigating this entire mess that spans two administrations. It is NOT an easy task and it takes time.

btw, rest assured that, should Biden become President, your question becomes moot. Any thought of an investigation, let alone prosecutions, evaporates.

Because what goes around comes around.

Got a list? What is your evidence?

Thought so.

Why doesn't DOJ prosecute those who tried to throw the election?

I assume it is for the same reason they dont prosecute former presidents for war crimes or abuse of power.
It would pretty much make unavoidable retaliatory prosecution once the opposition party got back in power. For something like this to happen, what the person did has to be so bad and the evidence strong enough that there is bi-partisan support for prosecuting them, or the prosecutiion has to be initiated by the person's own faction (i.e. falling out of favor).

Likely because they don't have anything that rises to prosecution. This would be a good time for Trump and Barr to focus on their own crimes. They are both in a bunch of poop if Trump loses and it sure is looking that way.

No sane, rational, or politically well informed Poll options are present in the OP's Poll. Perhaps there have not been any prosecutions because there is nothing to prosecute and even Trump's AG Butt Boy Bill Barr can't scrape together enough made up "wrong doing" to move forward with any legitimate actions. Ersatz president Trump has had 1340 days now to "lock her up" yet not any indictments or even hints at charges have been proffered. Either this proves there is no "there" "there" and or our ersatz president is holding sway over the most incompetent mishandling of the Department of Justice in our nations history. I am going with the "and or" option in my post. (y) MAGA 🇷🇺

Back
Top Bottom