• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Why do you Liberals TRUELY believe...

Originally posted by AK_Conservative:
AHAHAHAHAHA! Now what has cheney done illegal! You are providing personal opinion that you do not like either of them based on political ideology! Now, you want to impeach both becuase you dont agree with them?!
You're funny!

Originally posted by AK_Conservative:
Thanks.. i guess.. dont see the relivence but why do you believe cheney should be impeached alongside Bush then?
Chaney's a bigger liar than Bush.

Billo_Really said:
You don't consider the amount of ordinance that was used went a little beyond "no-fly" enforcement?

I don't know. That's one of the reasons that I'm not making a claim about it one way or the other.

Do you have the same honesty, or will you try to pass off your opinion as fact?

GarzaUK said:
War is sweet to those who have never experienced it. ~ Roman General
That appears to be an inaccurate representation of that quote.

FYI-

Dulce bellum inexpertis (War is delightful to the inexperienced).

~Erasmus, the 16th-century scholar

likely taken from:

Sweet is war to those who know it not.
Pindar
Greek lyric poet (522 BC - 443 BC)

I cannot find evidence of a Roman General originating that saying. Only a couple of pacifists.

Rome Total War is a cool game and I see that saying on it all the time. I still havent been able to win on the hardest setting. The computer does cheat with the numbers somehow

shakenbake19 said:
and then we get Dick Cheney as president. Is that what you want?

Not ideally, but if impeachment were to occur, you can bet the GOP would watch very carefully everything they do. Their actions would be scrutinized like crazy, and they would be placed under a microscope. Cheney would be careful to not so much as slip on a banna peel.

Originally posted by MrFungus420:
I don't know. That's one of the reasons that I'm not making a claim about it one way or the other.

Do you have the same honesty, or will you try to pass off your opinion as fact?
How can you possibly think that over 2000 sorties, dropping 600 bombs on carefully selected targets, debatable as no-fly zone enforcement? It's ridiculous. Maybe you should think about your own honesty issues.

I will tell you what, you tell me what you think I posted as a fact was really my own opinion, then I'll tell you how FOS you are. I try to post sources and links whenever I can to show that I'm not making anything up. I don't lie. I don't cheat. And I don't steal. I'm not saying I've never done those things. It's just not my nature. But I'm no angel either. I don't have a halo on my head. Most of my friends think I'm an arrogant asshole. I just think, like you, they have honesty issues. I stopped lying to myself a while ago. Check that. Let me say, I became aware of me lying to myself a while ago. We all lie to ourselves every day. I try to be more cognizant of mine. Can you do the same?

Billo_Really said:
How can you possibly think that over 2000 sorties, dropping 600 bombs on carefully selected targets, debatable as no-fly zone enforcement? It's ridiculous. Maybe you should think about your own honesty issues.

For the simple reason that I don't know all the facts. I don't even know enough of the facts to really have a well informed opinion.

Billo_Really said:
I will tell you what, you tell me what you think I posted as a fact was really my own opinion, then I'll tell you how FOS you are. I try to post sources and links whenever I can to show that I'm not making anything up. I don't lie. I don't cheat. And I don't steal. I'm not saying I've never done those things. It's just not my nature. But I'm no angel either. I don't have a halo on my head. Most of my friends think I'm an arrogant asshole. I just think, like you, they have honesty issues. I stopped lying to myself a while ago. Check that. Let me say, I became aware of me lying to myself a while ago. We all lie to ourselves every day. I try to be more cognizant of mine. Can you do the same?

I never said that you had posted your opinion as fact. I pointed out, as I just reiterated, that I don't know, then asked if you could admit the same.

The article made the point that "If those raids exceeded the need to maintain security in the no-fly zones...", then there was a problem. It didn't draw any conclusions. From what you've said, you seem to be willing to condemn on a minimal amount of evidence.

You know what i think the main problem is, whatever the media produces, it is seamed to be believed, even when its false! People are so gullable to believe what they read, they pass over facts and rather look to pursuing political agenda! IMHO

kal-el said:
Not ideally, but if impeachment were to occur, you can bet the GOP would watch very carefully everything they do. Their actions would be scrutinized like crazy, and they would be placed under a microscope. Cheney would be careful to not so much as slip on a banna peel.

They already are under the microscope under all the democrats and they already are scrutinized under every left wing analyst and politicain. Quite frankly all they need is Dean and Gore to do all the scrutinizing. :lol:

Originally posted by MrFungus420:
never said that you had posted your opinion as fact. I pointed out, as I just reiterated, that I don't know, then asked if you could admit the same.

The article made the point that "If those raids exceeded the need to maintain security in the no-fly zones...", then there was a problem. It didn't draw any conclusions. From what you've said, you seem to be willing to condemn on a minimal amount of evidence.
I apologize if I seem a little too confrontational on this subject. I don't see how anyone could think that is minimal evidence. That's a lot of bombs! To me, no-fly zone enforcement means you go up, fly around, make sure no one is in that air space, and call it a day. Running sorties on pre-selected targets is not that. And this information comes from the very guy that ordered the sorties. He should know what he's talking about.

I do appreciate the fact that you are one of those that actually has the desire to research his subject instead of just winging it off of pure emotion. Now your what I consider a good American. Someone cognizant of right and wrong. It's these other guys that really p!ss me off. The ones that just blow off every criticism of our govenment as a liberal ploy.

I know why I post things, and its not because of political affiliations. And its not because I hate this country. It is because we do not have a well informed population that does not do its civic duties which has resulted in a non-representative government. But we got the government we deserve.

Back
Top Bottom