• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why do people continue to take Fox News seriously?

Despite a few seemingly serious news people at Fox (like Shep Smith), the face of Fox News is basically Hannity, Ingraham and Carlson. They're all full of rage every night at everyone else in the media and spewing conspiracy theories, faux outrage as well as what's wrong with everyone in the Democratic Party. This is not news (which some think it is) or even serious political commentary. It's a circus. Fox may have started with the intention of having an alternate news source, but it's nothing like that now. News is not hurling accusations for 15 minutes each night at the beginning of your show (like Hannity and his stooge so-called Judge Pirro does). Even the real news media doesn't take Fox seriously. It's the laughing stock among those work in the media and not just those at Fox's favorite targets like CNN.

So why do some people take this Fox crap seriously when so many people are laughing at it?

Imagine having that idiot AOC as your display picture and then asking anyone to actually take you seriously.

Despite a few seemingly serious news people at Fox (like Shep Smith), the face of Fox News is basically Hannity, Ingraham and Carlson. They're all full of rage every night at everyone else in the media and spewing conspiracy theories, faux outrage as well as what's wrong with everyone in the Democratic Party. This is not news (which some think it is) or even serious political commentary. It's a circus. Fox may have started with the intention of having an alternate news source, but it's nothing like that now. News is not hurling accusations for 15 minutes each night at the beginning of your show (like Hannity and his stooge so-called Judge Pirro does). Even the real news media doesn't take Fox seriously. It's the laughing stock among those work in the media and not just those at Fox's favorite targets like CNN.

So why do some people take this Fox crap seriously when so many people are laughing at it?

You know it's just your opinion that their a joke right?
Just because you're saying it, doesn't make it anywhere near an actual reality.

Fox does good reporting, though that is only their actual reporting. As it's obvious that their opinion sections aren't really taken that serious by their own merit. Even Hannity himself admitted a long time ago that this little persona is more of an act, than actually being a marker for himself.

Are you just upset that they didn't jump on the whole Buzzfeed story and get their collective feet shoved back into their mouths, like nearly the entire media landscape?

Because doing crap like that, is an actual marker for an organization that is a joke.

Just the top reasons but, I think you know why now.

Geez. A fox thread, and somehow AOC comes into the mix.

Pull her pigtails. She might like you someday. You people are pathetic.

It's bias confirmation. People want to have their biases upheld and profess, so they'll turn to the sources that back them up. It's a lot easier than independent thought.

Now thats a classic myopic response.

You gotta be kidding me. Think they did a great job on the BuzzFeed reporting of Michael Cohen to testify that Trump coached him to lie to Congress that all major media fell for? How about the Covington HS boys and their alleged "racism"? Both stories major black eyes for the MSM. This but the current iteration, their lies, distortions and completely made up reportings are legion...

Its why they are known as fake news by everybody now, they are a non-credible laughing stock at this juncture.

You got to be kidding me. On the BuzzFeed story, we will find out when Cohen testifies. As far as the Covington story goes, everybody reported what they had. Fox spiced it up and made it sound like the media screwed up, but they didn’t. Everybody had the same information, including Fox. Fox made it sound like they were one up on everybody else but they weren’t. They had the same video at the beginning that everybody else did.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RE: The OP's question

Because CNN, MSNBC, and the network "news" shows are so much worse than FOX.

What can guy do but watch FOX?

(P.S. My favorite news site is Britain's Daily Mail. I learn more about our country there than I do even from FOX.)

You got way too much misfigured brown on your mind, pal.

He did none of that of which, or how, you describe, he is merely willing to directly call a spade a spade, is not afraid of you folks on the left and your PC formulations that the rest of us are so sick and tired of.

You obviously watch from within your bubble and everything the MSN mischaracterize you take as the real deal...

And yet, even if he did ALL that as you so mischaracterize, none of that is illegal... NONE OF IT... is it? Nope. None of it. If so the Muel, mired down, deep in his own immoral ****, whose handpicked Democrat gunslinger prosecutors with a pure and plainly unethical animus directed straight towards the president, a group which has done everything within and out of the bounds of legality to try to find some dirt on Trump, his family, his team, his associates and even those only tangentially affiliated with the campaign or presidency... have not found a single credible and provable thing with which to criminally confront perhaps the most intensely investigated person in human history.

Buck up buddy, Trump has held his powder on slenderman, the fat lady and her never-to-be first husband, all the deep state cronies... but when he finally decides to pull the trigger on all that... that will be a nuke with multiple warhead bombshells that our side is already well prepared for... but your side will be rocked and shell shocked.

I anticipate some will face a firing squad for the attempted ongoing coup.

Traitors deserve such a solemn fate when found to be conspiring to bring down this beloved nation. Bang bang, the big bangs are coming.

Do you mastubate to this nonsesne? Total fantasy bull****. It's your "president" the criminal going down.:roll:

One of those morons tried telling me we should pull out of NATO. I asked him why. So, he goes on to describe the UN.

Fox News Guy in a nutshell.

Geez. A fox thread, and somehow AOC comes into the mix.

Pull her pigtails. She might like you someday. You people are pathetic.

Virtue-signalling again I see. Enjoy your milk...

Do you mastubate to this nonsesne? Total fantasy bull****. It's your "president" the criminal going down.:roll:

Interesting Idea.
Do you have a pic of AOC to wank with?

Do you actually expect anyone with even a minimal lick of any sense on up to take you seriously?

It's not even worth arguing with you about anything factual if you actually believe that the Fox reporting is worse than what is happening in the fake news MSM.

Tell you what, name the fatal bombshell against Trump, of all the many, reported over and over and over and over by the fake news channels the last two years, that is actually fatal. If you can do that, and support that fatal bombshell with anything known in the biz as, you know... proof, then maybe we can have a conversation.

You won't do so because you cannot. It simply does not exist, its a figment of the left wing's continuous fantasy. A truly overly moist [read: drenched ] dream.

I thought his making fun of John McCain’s POW days was surely going to be the fatal flaw that would bring them down. I mean surely no politician could possibly survive being that rude, boorish, insulting, ignorant, and obnoxious? I was wrong. Then I thought his Comments about *****-grabbing were surely going to be his downfall. I was wrong. Then I thought his comments about banning travel by an entire group of people from a certain religion, just because of their religion, were surely so ridiculous as to be the end of it. Nope. It only made him more popular. Telling people he would cover their legal fees if they beat up protesters would do it, wouldn’t it? Nope. 8000 document lies, most of them vicious lies meant to hurt and insult, would certainly do it, wouldn’t it? Nope.

There is, by definition, nothing that could be revealed about Donald Trump that would turn his supporters against him. Jerry Falwell has very openly admitted that. He is now this sort of Jim Jones cult like figure that is beyond human judgment as far as his followers are concerned.

So you are asking what is the fatal bombshell that could ever sink him. There is none, by definition. If you think there is, please tell us what could ever possibly be revealed about him that would make you change your mind about him.

Last edited:

At this point they are brainwashed, to these idiots, that's the only fair and balanced news, everything else is biased. They refuse to acknowledge they are wrong about anything, so they just keep running with the dumb ****.

I wish there was a device that could put you in someone's head to know what the hell they are thinking

People take Fox seriously because listening to it reinforces their world view. It supports their biases.

That could be said of any of the MSM sources IMO. People have been conditioned over many years to believe everything they see and hear on the tube. TV does their thinking for them.

You got to be kidding me. On the BuzzFeed story, we will find out when Cohen testifies. As far as the Covington story goes, everybody reported what they had. Fox spiced it up and made it sound like the media screwed up, but they didn’t. Everybody had the same information, including Fox. Fox made it sound like they were one up on everybody else but they weren’t. They had the same video at the beginning that everybody else did.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
We already know Trump Moscow didn't occur and was not in any manner illegal anyhow... no need to lie to Congress. And...

Everybody reporting what they had? Now that's a cop-out crock of BS, they, true journalists are supposed to ask questions, investigate, verify with multiple sources before doing something like jumping on some innocent high school kids.

THEY GOT THE WHOLE ****ING THING WRONG FROM START TO FINISH.

Hope the kids sue all the outlets who ran all this fake bs asses off. Including FOX, as I said earlier... they are only half decent. The rest are pure scum bottom dwellers...you know...
Fake news, haven't you heard? That important tidbit not properly reported in the sources for which you have so much misplaced reverence? :lamo

If you yourself want to be taken seriously change the av.

People take Fox seriously because listening to it reinforces their world view. It supports their biases.

That could be said of any of the MSM sources IMO. People have been conditioned over many years to believe everything they see and hear on the tube. TV does their thinking for them.

I have been watching both daily since I started a thread about this a couple months ago.
My conclusion thus far is:

- There are very few people at CNN, and none at MSNBC (that I've seen) who are willing to deviate from the "talking points". Most of the "reporting" (such as it is) at CNN is blatantly false. And 1 person in particular (Don Lemon), is a racist pig who gives all reporters a bad name. CNN will glorify morons like AOC or any of these new reps, despite their rhetoric being blatantly Marxist and smacks heavily of fascist ideas. I believe they are willing to promote these unAmerican ideas for 1 simple reason. They HATE Trump. It's very...small of them.
- FOX is biased to the right. There is no mistaking that. However, they do not engage in racist ideas (that I've seen), and seem intent on providing the half of every story CNN butchers. Thus I have to watch any particular story on both networks to get a full picture. The main difference I see between the 2 is that FOX tends to stick with facts and truth. Oh...and they don't have the extremely bad taste to try to condemn teenage boys. Ya...that's an important one for me these days.

I have been watching both daily since I started a thread about this a couple months ago.
My conclusion thus far is:

- There are very few people at CNN, and none at MSNBC (that I've seen) who are willing to deviate from the "talking points". Most of the "reporting" (such as it is) at CNN is blatantly false. And 1 person in particular (Don Lemon), is a racist pig who gives all reporters a bad name. CNN will glorify morons like AOC or any of these new reps, despite their rhetoric being blatantly Marxist and smacks heavily of fascist ideas. I believe they are willing to promote these unAmerican ideas for 1 simple reason. They HATE Trump. It's very...small of them.
- FOX is biased to the right. There is no mistaking that. However, they do not engage in racist ideas (that I've seen), and seem intent on providing the half of every story CNN butchers. Thus I have to watch any particular story on both networks to get a full picture. The main difference I see between the 2 is that FOX tends to stick with facts and truth. Oh...and they don't have the extremely bad taste to try to condemn teenage boys. Ya...that's an important one for me these days.

They may not condemn teenage boys, but they condemn plenty of other categories of people.

Yes, there are differences in the styles of the various outlets, but their main mission is to inspire fear of some sort, and deliver propaganda of some sort, advancing one agenda or the other, whether perpetual war or some other element of the status quo.

Good lord you folks on the left are so... well, your post is an example. a sort of self description I suppose.

You rolled your eyes at the right point anyhow, just inadvertent as you have no clue as to what you are talking about and obviously no proper manner of expressing all the trash that is swimming around in your noggin. You do realize this is a debate site, that it is the sport here for one to try to pick apart the other's points... if one can.

If one cannot, one does what you just did.

They may not condemn teenage boys, but they condemn plenty of other categories of people.

Yes, there are differences in the styles of the various outlets, but their main mission is to inspire fear of some sort, and deliver propaganda of some sort, advancing one agenda or the other, whether perpetual war or some other element of the status quo.

Please sight the categories of people FOX condemns?

Agreed nobody who is honest and objective takes its seriously. its a joke and more entertainment than news.

and yes i feel the same way about MSNBC

lastly i always laugh when people say fox is not MSM . it is :shrug:
(not saying you did that just saying in general)

I thought his making fun of John McCain’s POW days was surely going to be the fatal flaw that would bring them down. I mean surely no politician could possibly survive being that rude, boorish, insulting, ignorant, and obnoxious? I was wrong. Then I thought his Comments about *****-grabbing were surely going to be his downfall. I was wrong. Then I thought his comments about banning travel by an entire group of people from a certain religion, just because of their religion, were surely so ridiculous as to be the end of it. Nope. It only made him more popular. Telling people he would cover their legal fees if they beat up protesters would do it, wouldn’t it? Nope. 8000 document lies, most of them vicious lies meant to hurt and insult, would certainly do it, wouldn’t it? Nope.

There is, by definition, nothing that could be revealed about Donald Trump that would turn his supporters against him. Jerry Falwell has very openly admitted that. He is now this sort of Jim Jones cult like figure that is beyond human judgment as far as his followers are concerned.

So you are asking what is the fatal bombshell that could ever sink him. There is none, by definition. If you think there is, please tell us what could ever possibly be revealed about him that would make you change your mind about him.
Sure there is.

If Trump ever becomes or is proven to have been as criminally corrupt and as anti-American traitorious as the slenderman, the fat lady and her never to be First Husband... then he will surely go to jail, and then to hell, just like those previously referenced scumbags are so destined.

We clear here?

Some response highlights so far regarding "Why do people take Fox (Hannity, Ingraham, Carlson) seriously:

- it's not worse than fake news MSM
- Mueller hasn't found a smoking gun against Trump (!! cray cray!)

- (Hannity, Ingraham, Carlson) are REALLY popular!

- Because Don Lemon and OAC

- because it's the other people that aren't popular, that people watch it for.. (what!?)

- talking potato head says it's because of talking potato heads

- Hannity doesn't do the news

- all networks are as bad as FOX

- Tucker Carlson ROCKS!

- people are watching Fox for news, not the highest rated shows (!)

- Fox isn't a joke

- Fox sticks to the truth

All in all, pretty funny to read through them

Some response highlights so far regarding "Why do people take Fox (Hannity, Ingraham, Carlson) seriously:

- it's not worse than fake news MSM
- Mueller hasn't found a smoking gun against Trump (!! cray cray!)

- (Hannity, Ingraham, Carlson) are REALLY popular!

- Because Don Lemon and OAC

- because it's the other people that aren't popular, that people watch it for.. (what!?)

- talking potato head says it's because of talking potato heads

- Hannity doesn't do the news

- all networks are as bad as FOX

- Tucker Carlson ROCKS!

- people are watching Fox for news, not the highest rated shows (!)

- Fox isn't a joke

- Fox sticks to the truth

All in all, pretty funny to read through them

First off the actual title of this thread is "Why do people continue to take Fox News seriously?" Fox is not solely the people you list.
Second, you can substitute the word FOX with any other news service and have the same result in replies to the question. The first I would substitute is CNN.

First off the actual title of this thread is "Why do people continue to take Fox News seriously?" Fox is not solely the people you list.

Who claimed Fox was solely the people I listed?
That's a strawman. So your first defense of Fox out of the gate is to ****ing strawman? Really sabre?

It's even embedded in the responses that the people mentioned, command the highest viewership. But, but, but.

Back
Top Bottom