• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why do people continue to take Fox News seriously?

Reading is too hard for you apparently. You asked why people cared, i answered and included an analogy.
Nah, you just babbled some lib-speak bs,

Despite a few seemingly serious news people at Fox (like Shep Smith), the face of Fox News is basically Hannity, Ingraham and Carlson. They're all full of rage every night at everyone else in the media and spewing conspiracy theories, faux outrage as well as what's wrong with everyone in the Democratic Party. This is not news (which some think it is) or even serious political commentary. It's a circus. Fox may have started with the intention of having an alternate news source, but it's nothing like that now. News is not hurling accusations for 15 minutes each night at the beginning of your show (like Hannity and his stooge so-called Judge Pirro does). Even the real news media doesn't take Fox seriously. It's the laughing stock among those work in the media and not just those at Fox's favorite targets like CNN.

So why do some people take this Fox crap seriously when so many people are laughing at it?

Fox does a very good job of separating the "news" parts of their programming from political commentary shows....something I can't say about MSNBC CNN et all.
There news people do a great job of reporting the news "fair and balanced" as they say and the ones who are political commentary such as Hannity and Pirro are clearly marked as such and no need to watch them if you don't want to.

Fox does a very good job of separating the "news" parts of their programming from political commentary shows....something I can't say about MSNBC CNN et all.
There news people do a great job of reporting the news "fair and balanced" as they say and the ones who are political commentary such as Hannity and Pirro are clearly marked as such and no need to watch them if you don't want to.

Ditto on the sentiment of MSNBC.

Despite a few seemingly serious news people at Fox (like Shep Smith), the face of Fox News is basically Hannity, Ingraham and Carlson. They're all full of rage every night at everyone else in the media and spewing conspiracy theories, faux outrage as well as what's wrong with everyone in the Democratic Party. This is not news (which some think it is) or even serious political commentary. It's a circus. Fox may have started with the intention of having an alternate news source, but it's nothing like that now. News is not hurling accusations for 15 minutes each night at the beginning of your show (like Hannity and his stooge so-called Judge Pirro does). Even the real news media doesn't take Fox seriously. It's the laughing stock among those work in the media and not just those at Fox's favorite targets like CNN.

So why do some people take this Fox crap seriously when so many people are laughing at it?

What do you think of the Rachel Maddow show?

There wasn't a thread about this already and seeing as this one is still going, I'll just post this here and someone else can make a new thread about it if they wish.

The Fox "News" Lie

We've heard a lot in this topic and others about how the "News" part of Fox News is actually pretty good, even if you don't like the prime-time opinion shows, which are the bulk of Fox viewership, but it turns out the news part is garbage, too.

This is Guy is the equivalent of a person with down syndrome calling someone else 'Retarded"

Your opinion, one which is unsupported by reality but certainly is based on emotional reactions to actions and words you abhor - for some reason.

Definitely. I lean left and Fox seems like they deliver the most straightforward news these days. Their political commentary often seems more open minded than networks on the left i.e. they'll talk to people that disagree with them and have a respectful conversation.

There wasn't a thread about this already and seeing as this one is still going, I'll just post this here and someone else can make a new thread about it if they wish.

The Fox "News" Lie

We've heard a lot in this topic and others about how the "News" part of Fox News is actually pretty good, even if you don't like the prime-time opinion shows, which are the bulk of Fox viewership, but it turns out the news part is garbage, too.

MediaMatters?

You used a fraudulent tax cheating propaganda site funded by the Progressive Machine as a source?

Wow.

Would it be more 'newsworthy' and accurate, if they simply refused to investigate corruption regarding democrats, while constantly being laser-focused on taking down Republicans, often using fabricated conspiracies and deceptive portrayal of what Republicans say and do? Would it be better if, like the other 95% of mainstream media venues, they acted as propagandists for 1 party?

Would it be more 'newsworthy' and accurate, if they simply refused to investigate corruption regarding democrats, while constantly being laser-focused on taking down Republicans, often using fabricated conspiracies and deceptive portrayal of what Republicans say and do? Would it be better if, like the other 95% of mainstream media venues, they acted as propagandists for 1 party?

Careful, I think you just made his mouth start to water for a second there.

Why do people take any MSM propaganda source seriously?

What you're saying is that Burger King is evil, go to McDonald's or Wendy's.

And this is absurd.

The basic model and product = garbage across the board.

Why do people take any MSM propaganda source seriously?

What you're saying is that Burger King is evil, go to McDonald's or Wendy's.

And this is absurd.

The basic model and product = garbage across the board.

Three comments in a row, each of which reveals the near total cluelessness of the commenters.

People just like convincing middle class suburbanites to piss on poor people to serve the interests of the rich.

People just like convincing middle class suburbanites to piss on poor people to serve the interests of the rich.

Indeed - liberal and conservative alike. :(

Three comments in a row, each of which reveals the near total cluelessness of the commenters.

You may be a couple short...

:mrgreen:

How can I be "a couple short"? I said "three comments" and then provided the numbers of those three. I haven't made a comment about anything other than comments 441-442-443

Back
Top Bottom