• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Why Do Nonwhite Georgia Voters Have To Wait In Line For Hours? Too Few Polling Places

What does that have to do with voting? Everyone knows the governor of georgia is doing his best to suppress the vote.

Only the ones who hear voices.

Some waiting times in Georgia is 11 hours.

Now, is it hours all day long everywhere? No, then where?.. oh yea primarily in poor and non white areas and then we are talking voter suppression.

When was the last time you voted in Georgia, USA, Pete?

No, I LITERRALLY have posted the facts regarding the polling location and responsibilities and you have countered with the oh so typical leftist response of "Nu UH!!!"

And it was nice to see a conservative take a break from all the insults and mudslinging to post a link for once.

But all that link did is show that if a district has enough Democrats in charge, it can expand the number of polling places. Apparently whatever the Republican excuses are for closing them, it doesn't hold up.

You cherry picked one county - clearly the exception not the rule - in a state where the leadership has tried very hard from the top down to suppress votes.

Georgia's state leadership and elections officials have largely ignored complaints about poll consolidations even as they tout record growth in voter registration. As secretary of state from 2010 to 2018, when most of Georgia's poll closures occurred, Brian Kemp, now the governor, took a laissez-faire attitude toward county-run election practices, save for a 2015 document that spelled out methods officials could use to shutter polling places to show "how the change can benefit voters and the public interest."

This one bears repeating:

It came from the then secretary of state in Georgia Brian Kemp - a man who later stalled the legal efforts of over 50,000 living, breathing, eligible voters to get their names back on the electoral rolls ahead of his own gubernatorial election in 2018. They lost their bid to vote and he won by a slim margin.

But yeah, sure, some smalltime Dem at the county level is suppressing the vote, whatever.

Almost all of the states that are purging voter rolls, closing voting locations, and aggressively reducing mail-in voting drop-boxes are the states with Republican legislatures.

One huge benefit of flipping the US Senate will be the ability of a Democrat controlled Congress to amend the Voting Rights Act so that none of the federal oversight provisions are unconstitutional.
There is only one place you can go to vote early in my county of 250,000 people. Stop your constant race baiting.

And it was nice to see a conservative take a break from all the insults and mudslinging to post a link for once.

But all that link did is show that if a district has enough Democrats in charge, it can expand the number of polling places. Apparently whatever the Republican excuses are for closing them, it doesn't hold up.

You cherry picked one county - clearly the exception not the rule - in a state where the leadership has tried very hard from the top down to suppress votes.

This one bears repeating:

It came from the then secretary of state in Georgia Brian Kemp - a man who later stalled the legal efforts of over 50,000 living, breathing, eligible voters to get their names back on the electoral rolls ahead of his own gubernatorial election in 2018. They lost their bid to vote and he won by a slim margin.

But yeah, sure, some smalltime Dem at the county level is suppressing the vote, whatever.

The results in some Democratic enclaves do not represent suppression of vote. It makes no sense to believe that Democrats suppress the vote of the people who keep them in power. The result reflect a lack of resources which is a result of economic inequalities among counties. Poor areas with a bog perceentage of minorities will spend less money for building a system that quarantees equal access to voting with delays comparable to those in weathier communities which usually have a smaller percentage of minorities. If the state does not intervene to help people vote, you have the natural outcome of inequality reflectedd also in the elections.

No one who is supposed to have the right to vote doesn't in fact have that right. Some just don't have the ability, and most of this group are in poorer minority demographics. It is the duty of the government to reasonably remove barriers to voting, not multiply them. Mail in voting is a reasonable way to remove barriers to voting.
Well, we have mail in voting. We have absentee voting. We have voting weeks before the election and you guys still whine that your base is too stupid or lazy to figure out how to get it done.

Well, we have mail in voting. We have absentee voting. We have voting weeks before the election and you guys still whine that your base is too stupid or lazy to figure out how to get it done.

I don't have a problem with mail in voting. I have a problem with those suggesting that mail in voting is somehow prone to fraud and must be prevented.

Sigh, so you dont like the facts, then you attack the messenger?
Every time. Distract, deflect, deceive. It's the "Trumplodyte" way.

Last edited:
I don't have a problem with mail in voting. I have a problem with those suggesting that mail in voting is somehow prone to fraud and must be prevented.
Unlike in-person voting, I was able to track my ballot online, know when it was received and accepted. If there had been a problem, I had time to correct it. We have a model system. Literally. Other States are adopting our system and procedures.

Almost all of the states that are purging voter rolls, closing voting locations, and aggressively reducing mail-in voting drop-boxes are the states with Republican legislatures.

One huge benefit of flipping the US Senate will be the ability of a Democrat controlled Congress to amend the Voting Rights Act so that none of the federal oversight provisions are unconstitutional.
Yep, and then it will go before the conservative supreme court and they'll deem any fair voter reform unconstitutional because trumpublicans know they're a dying breed. The only way for trumpublicans to win is to disenfranchise opposition voters. We're going t have to reform SCOTUS before any changes can be made to make voting free and fair, nationwide.

Because the right to vote requires voters have the ability to vote.

As a conservative, I assume you are a proponent of second amendment rights. Would making it more difficult to own firearms be a second amendment rights issue, if the government simply forces you to jump through a bunch of hoops before you are allowed to get access to a firearm? If it is possible to jump through these hoops and get the firearm, would you assume that there is therefore no issue with second amendment rights? Or does inordinate difficulty exercising this right constitute a second amendment rights issue?
That's an awesome analogy! trumpublicas are ok with people having to wait in line to vote for hours, but making an 18 year-old kid wait any amount of time to acquire an assault rifle? **** that.. "guns are much more sacred that our right to vote"

Back
Top Bottom