• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Why Do Nonwhite Georgia Voters Have To Wait In Line For Hours? Too Few Polling Places

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

Almost all of the states that are purging voter rolls, closing voting locations, and aggressively reducing mail-in voting drop-boxes are the states with Republican legislatures.

One huge benefit of flipping the US Senate will be the ability of a Democrat controlled Congress to amend the Voting Rights Act so that none of the federal oversight provisions are unconstitutional.

Is waiting in a line a civil rights issue now, too? I have had to wait in line for hours to vote before. It sucks, but I would hardly consider it a form of voter suppression.

Name just one thing in Atlanta that you don't have to wait for ?

And here we go again with the ridiulous leftist lies. The fact is that the number of polling locations in those cities and counties are defined by DEMOCRATS...the people that control the government in those locations. Same as in Texas. Same as in California.

I always find it hillarious that rat party supporters will look at a place like Atlanta and Fulton County, a city that has had exculsive democrat party control in every aspect of their government literally going back to 1887...and shriek and whine about inept government and eeeeevil republicans.

Is waiting in a line a civil rights issue now, too? I have had to wait in line for hours to vote before. It sucks, but I would hardly consider it a form of voter suppression.

You're lucky you had hours to spare to devote to voting. People in poorer demographics who are living paycheck to paycheck often don't. This is a voting rights issue that can be solved cheaply by going to mail-in ballots.

You're lucky you had hours to spare to devote to voting. People in poorer demographics who are living paycheck to paycheck often don't. This is a voting rights issue that can be solved cheaply by going to mail-in ballots.

I was living paycheck to paycheck, and i was in a poor demographic. It is not a voting rights issue. It is a priorities issue.

Easy to debunk bullshit is easy to debunk.

I was living paycheck to paycheck, and i was in a poor demographic. It is not a voting rights issue. It is a priorities issue.

Then you were lucky to not have to put your job at risk to vote. Because it was a priorities issue to you does not mean it is not a voting rights issue for others.

Then you were lucky to not have to put your job at risk to vote. Because it was a priorities issue to you does not mean it is not a voting rights issue for others.

Who does not have the right to vote in this election that is supposed to?

is it your contention there are long lines at drop boxes?

Its pathetic that you feel the need to lie to try to fabricate an argument.
Just debunking your lie that the local politicians control all of the electoral process. And debunking it with much ease. You're going to have to refine the process in which you forward your bullshit lies Vance.

Hate to burst your bubble, but if there is a long line for blacks, there is a long line for whites.

Who does not have the right to vote in this election that is supposed to?

No one who is supposed to have the right to vote doesn't in fact have that right. Some just don't have the ability, and most of this group are in poorer minority demographics. It is the duty of the government to reasonably remove barriers to voting, not multiply them. Mail in voting is a reasonable way to remove barriers to voting.

Wasn't it Biden himself encouraging early voting?

This is what happens?

Of course it is voter suppression. 30 minutes to an hour in line....no. But missing out on work or ignoring family responsibilities, yes.

Some of the lines are 6 to 8 hours long. Also, with covid exposure possible, it can become a health issue.

So, it is not a voting rights issue. It is a voting ease issue.

Of course it is voter suppression. 30 minutes to an hour in line....no. But missing out on work or ignoring family responsibilities, yes.

Some of the lines are 6 to 8 hours long. Also, with covid exposure possible, it can become a health issue.

I have had to miss work for all kinds of things, like going to a doctor's appointment. I even have to wait significant amounts of time to do so. Is that healthcare suppression? That is a right too, according to the left.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…