• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why do GOPs have problems with Trump's antics but not Cruzes' antics?

cabse5

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
OK. We've read all about Trump's supposed antics. Many GOPs have counselled Trump not to respond to a 'revered' subject or person's 'blasphemy'...Which is political correctness of a different kind that Trump abhors.

What about Cruzes' antics, for example? Telling the media he won't be 'friends' with Trump, won't campaign for Trump, because of indiscretions Trump made towards his wife?? Even though Cruzes' campaign published semi-nude pictures of
Melania Trump during the GOP primaries and caucuses BEFORE Trump implied about Cruzes' wife and father?? Even though Trump won, Cruz still held a grudge against Trump??

How about Obama's behavior in campaigning for Hillary?
Calling Trump unfit to be president, it seems, with every speech. Using his position of power to aid Hillary.

This presidential campaign has hit new lows in dirtiness. More dirtiness than I've ever seen in my lifetime.

Trump can't go there? Really? But, for example, Cruz, and BO can? Seems to me those who dare to go there will win and those who dare not to go there will lose.

If we're ever going to see the candidates debate issues, we're going to have to put our feet down on ALL this dirty campaigning.

Last edited:
OK. We've read all about Trump's supposed antics. Many GOPs have counselled Trump not to respond to a 'revered' subject or person's 'blasphemy'...Which is political correctness of a different kind that Trump abhors.

Not attacking people like the grieving parents of fallen soldiers isn't Political Correctness. It's just basic moral human decency. Trump's inability to distinguish between the two is a big part of why he is:

Trump Unfavorable.jpg

What about Cruzes' antics?, for example? Telling the media he won't be 'friends' with Trump, won't campaign for Trump, because of indiscretions Trump made towards his wife?

Yeah. You viciously attack a man's wife and his father, and that man won't support you. Astonishing, I know, that people could actually expect the Donald to be a grown-up.

Even though Cruzes' campaign published semi-nude pictures of
Melania Trump during the GOP primaries

:shrug: this is a lie. Those pictures were published by the Trump's, who invited GQ to do the shoot.

It's typical of a Democrat to campaign for a Democrat.

Calling Trump unfit to be president, it seems, with every speech.

..Because he is. The same is true, of course, for Hillary.

However, calling someone unfit to be President, is nowhere close to suggesting that Ted Cruz' wife is ugly, comparing Ben Carson to a child molester, claiming that Ted Cruz father was part of the JFK assassination, or attacking grieving parents because they become politically inconvenient.

There's a significant difference between this:

Cruz Pledge.jpg

and this:

Trump-Mocks-Disabled-Reporter-CNN-USA-Today.jpg

And again, Trump's inability to distinguish between the two is part of why he is so popularly loathed.

This presidential campaign has hit new lows in dirtiness. More dirtiness than I've ever seen in my lifetime.

Well we have your boy to thank for that.

Last edited:
<snip to focus on ignorant lie>

Even though Cruzes' campaign published semi-nude pictures of
Melania Trump during the GOP primaries and caucuses BEFORE Trump implied about Cruzes' wife and father??

The unapologetic lying that you Trumpbots consistently do amazes me. Pathetic.

Not attacking people like the grieving parents of fallen soldiers isn't Political Correctness. It's just basic moral human decency...
Yet, posting nude pictures of Melania by the Cruz campaign and The New York Times as proxy to the Hillary campaign is?

Let me repeat myself slowly. If we as voters ever hope for Hillary or Trump to debate the issues, we need to put our feet down to ALL dirty campaigning this presidential election cycle.

Last edited:

What about Cruzes' antics, for example? Telling the media he won't be 'friends' with Trump, won't campaign for Trump, because of indiscretions Trump made towards his wife?? Even though Cruzes' campaign published semi-nude pictures of
Melania Trump during the GOP primaries and caucuses BEFORE Trump implied about Cruzes' wife and father?? Even though Trump won, Cruz still held a grudge against Trump??

Calling Trump unfit to be president, it seems, with every speech. Using his position of power to aid Hillary.

Trump can't go there? Really? But, for example, Cruz, and BO can? Seems to me those who dare to go there will win and those who dare not to go there will lose.

If we're ever going to see the candidates debate issues, we're going to have to put our feet down on ALL this dirty campaigning.

The unapologetic lying that you Trumpbots consistently do amazes me. Pathetic.
Either you must've forgotten the sequence of events (or you're a #neverTrumper). The semi-nude pictures of Melania Trump provided by the Cruz campaign were published during the Utah primary to sway religious, GOP voters from Trump, IMO.

Last edited:
Yet, posting nude pictures of Melania by the Cruz campaign and The New York Times as proxy to the Hillary campaign is?

Oh hey look, you deliberately cut out the section where I pointed out that this was a lie :)

The Trump's were the people who published those photos - apparently Trump thought at the time it would increase his stature if everyone knew how hot the chick he was banging was :roll:

In Utah, those pictures - which were published and put into the public domain by the Trumps', because the Trump's wanted those pictures in the public domain, which is why the Trump's put those pictures in the public domain - were used as part of an internet meme in the public domain, using pictures that the Trump's put into the public domain because they wanted them in the public domain, and which was produced by a PAC who had no ties to Cruz, but rather some historical ties to Scott Walker, who has endorsed Trump and said Cruz should do the same.

cue spitting conspiracy theories in 3.... 2....

Let me repeat myself slowly. If we as voters ever hope for Hillary or Trump to debate the issues, we need to put our feet down to ALL dirty campaigning this presidential election cycle.

If we as voters ever hope to have a debate on the issues, then we need to punish the ones who campaign the dirtiest so as to reward relatively better behavior, increasing it over time. The way to do that in this cycle is to vote for someone other than Trump.

Sorry bro. You can't simultaneously claim to wish we had decency in political discourse while backing a man who has done more to destroy it than any politician in living memory.

Either you must've forgotten the sequence of events (or you're a #neverTrumper). The semi-nude pictures of Melania Trump provided by the Cruz campaign were published during the Utah primary to sway religious, GOP voters from Trump, IMO.

And you already had the stupidity of your claim called out repeatedly on this board. But you just keep on feeding the narrative about how Trump supporters lie. Just like Trump lies.

Hillary Clinton thanks you. If not for the naked ignorance of people like you she would be already writing her November concession speech.

Oh hey look, you deliberately cut out the section where I pointed out that this was a lie :)

The Trump's were the people who published those photos - apparently Trump thought at the time it would increase his stature if everyone knew how hot the chick he was banging was :roll:

In Utah, those pictures - which were published and put into the public domain by the Trumps', because the Trump's wanted those pictures in the public domain, which is why the Trump's put those pictures in the public domain - were used as part of an internet meme in the public domain, using pictures that the Trump's put into the public domain because they wanted them in the public domain, and which was produced by a PAC who had no ties to Cruz, but rather some historical ties to Scott Walker, who has endorsed Trump and said Cruz should do the same.

cue spitting conspiracy theories in 3.... 2....

If we as voters ever hope to have a debate on the issues, then we need to punish the ones who campaign the dirtiest so as to reward relatively better behavior, increasing it over time. The way to do that in this cycle is to vote for someone other than Trump.

Sorry bro. You can't simultaneously claim to wish we had decency in political discourse while backing a man who has done more to destroy it than any politician in living memory.
I choose to dissect each point separately. Putting Melania's pictures on public domain: Well, you realize how to make an atomic bomb or a dirty bomb is in the public domain. Still, if one publicizes it, and Cruzes' campaign did publicize Melania's semi-nude pictures, there is a blatant disregard for Melania and is dirty tricks politics...Cruz style. Who's at fault for diagrams to build a dirty bomb in the public domain? The 'nerd' who first put it up there or ISIL for, most likely, putting it into their website?

Last edited:
And you already had the stupidity of your claim called out repeatedly on this board. But you just keep on feeding the narrative about how Trump supporters lie. Just like Trump lies.

Hillary Clinton thanks you. If not for the naked ignorance of people like you she would be already writing her November concession speech.
All this is rhetorical. Do you have, at least, one bit of evidence to back up your claims of me? You're really good at misdirection. A dirty philosophical trick.

I choose to dissect each one of point separately. Putting Melania's pictures on public domain: Well, you realize how to make an atomic bomb or a dirty bomb is in the public domain.

:shrug: sure. So if someone references them, hey, they aren't the ones putting them out there.

In this case, for example, it was the Trump's who wanted the photos out there, and later pretended to be upset that they were. Because they are liars :) and suckers and those desperate to be suckered bought it, and defend them on it.

Still, if one publicizes it, and Cruzes' campaign did publicize Melania's semi-nude pictures, there is a blatant disregard for Melania and dirty tricks politics...Cruz style.

Not really. The Trump's are the ones' who publicized it, and the Cruz campaign didn't use it. So all three parts of your argument here are lies. :)

Which is what we've come to expect from Trumpkins. Because that's the only way to try to defend the lies of the Orange Cheetoh Nazi.

:shrug: sure. So if someone references them, hey, they aren't the ones putting them out there.

In this case, for example, it was the Trump's who wanted the photos out there, and later pretended to be upset that they were. Because they are liars :) and suckers and those desperate to be suckered bought it, and defend them on it.

Not really. The Trump's are the ones' who publicized it, and the Cruz campaign didn't use it. So all three parts of your argument here are lies. :)

Which is what we've come to expect from Trumpkins. Because that's the only way to try to defend the lies of the Orange Cheetoh Nazi.
Why do you assume Trump is the one who wanted the pictures of Melania out there? Maybe like a insatiable demand for his taxes that his attorney tells him to withhold pending litigation, Trump thought (with a bit of paranoia) someone would denigrate Trump's candidacy because of Melania's hushed up pictures? Many possibilities. I wasn't aware that Trump put her pictures on the public domain.

It isn't relevant Trump put them on the public domain. Cruzes' campaign used them as a weapon against Trump.

Last edited:
If we, as voters, want Hillary or Trump to debate the issues, we need to put our feet down to ALL dirty politics this presidential campaign cycle.

Why do you assume Trump is the one who wanted the pictures of Melania out there?

Because he is the one who wanted the photo shoot, he is the one who put Melania onto his plane to take the pictures, and he is the one who wanted them published.

Maybe like a insatiable demand for his taxes that his attorney tells him to withhold pending litigation, Trump thought (with a bit of paranoia) someone would denigrate Trump's candidacy because of Melania's hushed up pictures?

Hushed up? They were for GQ.

Many possibilities. I wasn't aware that Trump put her pictures on the public domain.

That's what a print publication (or online publication) is.

It isn't relevant Trump put them on the public domain. Cruzes' campaign used them as a weapon against Trump.

And again with the lie. Cruz's campaign never used them as a weapon. Furthermore, if Trump put the pictures out there, he has no leg to stand on when others' point to them.

If we, as voters, want Hillary or Trump to debate the issues, we need to put our feet down to ALL dirty politics this presidential campaign cycle.

Well you start that by punishing the dirtiest campaigners, instead of supporting them.

All this is rhetorical. Do you have, at least, one bit of evidence to back up your claims of me? You're really good at misdirection. A dirty philosophical trick.

Do I have evidence to back up my claim that your posts support the narrative that Trump supporters are ignorant and very often are liars, as proven by you in this thread? Yes I do. It's called "cabse5's posts".

Back
Top Bottom