• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why are Republicans accused of racism? Because we’re silent on things like this.

Whatever you have to do to sleep at night mate, knowing you're defending a racist scumbag like King.
I'm not defending anyone. I'm being as dismissive as the left is with complaints about fellow Democrats.

I dont recall anyone on the left defending her comment. They just dismiss the xo.plaints as being overblown. I am adopting the same attitude when the left feels offended.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Racist comments, controversies and far-right politics
The Washington Post has described King as "the U.S. congressman most openly affiliated with white nationalism", while Vanity Fair has said his opinions in this direction are "barely veiled".[14][104] David Leonhardt in an opinion piece for The New York Times has explicitly identified King as being a "white nationalist".[105] King has stirred controversy and come to prominence by making statements that have been described as racist[4][13][6][106][107][108][109] or racially charged.[9][110][111][10][112] He is a staunch opponent of immigration and multiculturalism and has supported various far-right European politicians. According to The Guardian, King "has long been one of the most vociferously anti-immigration members of the House Republican caucus."[113] King has said that he is not a racist.[13]

In October 2018, the chairman of the National Republican Congressional Committee, Steve Stivers, condemned King as a racist, saying that King's actions and comments were "completely inappropriate" and constituted "white supremacy and hate."[114] The NRCC said it would not help King in his 2018 re-election efforts.[12] Representative Carlos Curbelo described King's comments and actions as "disgusting" and said that he would never vote for someone like King.[115] Senator Ted Cruz called King's rhetoric "divisive" but stopped short of condemning him.[114] Other Republicans, such as House Agriculture Committee Chairman Mike Conaway, dismissed the idea that King is racist.[114]

In a January 2019 New York Times interview, King asked, "White nationalist, white supremacist, Western civilization — how did that language become offensive?"[116] He was subsequently condemned by numerous Republican members of Congress, including House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy and other members of the House Republican leadership.[117][118][119] Conservative commentator Ben Shapiro called for both King to be censured, and for a primary challenge against King.[120] After the interview was published, and after backlash from across the political spectrum, King issued a statement via Twitter stating that he was "simply a Nationalist," that he did not advocate for "white nationalism and white supremacy", and that "I want to make one thing abundantly clear: I reject those labels and the evil ideology they define."[13][119][121]

As was stated previously, this isn't King's first racist rodeo.

Back
Top Bottom