• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why are psychiatric drugs used despite there is no proof that they work?

It is, all you've done is make Assumptions, ones that are wrong and expect me to believe you as if you're Jesus Christ himself.

Simply blurting out words, such as "alvacado" or "revolving door" doesn't really establish anything you said as truth.

I am not Jesus Christ, because Jesus Christ has never existed.

And no, I am not expecting anything from you. Especially after some posting of yours.

I have put up some pointers.

You can follow or research them..or not.

The choice is up to you.

The chemical imbalance theory is based off of brain imaging. When looking at the neural transmitter concentrations when someone is severely depressed, there is a lack of serotonin in the brain. When someone with schizophrenia, or bipolar disorder, experience psychotic symptoms, there is too much dopamine. When they image a brain that is ADHD, there are certain pathways that light up and thus release certain concentrations of neurotransmitters. The strategy is to get the concentrations under control. But it shouldn't be just medication. A lot of people don't realize this, but the combination of medicine and psycho therapy changes pathways in the brain - it changes the patient's thinking.

So there is evidence that there are chemical imbalance issues in the brain; however thoughts influence the concentrations as well. It's a symbiotic relationship. Medicine and thoughts, because they both influence the concentration of neurotransmitters.

With my personal experience, as well as people that I know, psychotropics as well as hospitals help people. There are some people that just can't be helped. There are side effects, but it varies from person to person. I do think however there is a financial incentive for big pharma to create drugs with side effects, because that would continue the demand for more drugs.

I'm not quite sure where these accusations are coming from, because they are simply not true. Medicine helps, you just got to find the right combo. There are really bad doctors, there are really good doctors. There are hospitals that basically treat you like a prisoner, and there are others that treat you like a human being. There is the good, and there is the bad.

you will dismiss anything. do some research if you are really interested.
I just like rattling the cages of the foil hat armies once in a while. It's funny to watch you sputter and blurt out words with no context.

By your fear to produce any evidence, i can only assume it exists exclusive in the Alex Jones zone.

It works exactly the same with the food industry like Monsanto etc.
You mean how their patents expired and they started poisoning the well with this GMO scare because they're the only people with anything to lose? Meanwhile they have duped idiots into forking over 100% to 200% mark ups on so called "GMO Free" produce?

I think you are being played like a fiddle.

It seems you have even NEVER researched this field.
Did you? Do you have any research? Can you present it?

Pity. But explains your reactions.
You are the one that started a thread about it and all this other black helicopter crap. You have researched it either, you watched some dink on YouTube blather about it. I've seen people state that the earth is flat, that paleontology is a scam. You're claims fall into those categories? Now generally those claims are created to sell morons things like Young earth Christian fundamentalism.

The anti pharma crap is often generated to sell herbalism, or mysticism.

If you're going to claim the entire science of medicine is a scam, you are going to have to bring more to the table than just the words "revolving door."

I'm really just mocking you. You need to be derided so as to make an example to children what not to do when they get on the internet.

I am not Jesus Christ, because Jesus Christ has never existed.

And no, I am not expecting anything from you. Especially after some posting of yours.
You shouldn't expect anything from anybody except for gullible fools.

You said medicine doesn't work despite centries of evidence.

I have put up some pointers.
Like the words "revolving door" and a picture of hands shaking?
You didn't even phone it in.
You can follow or research them..or not.
I googled revolving door, i saw some pictures. Is it the illuminati behind those doors trying to poison the world wroth prescription drugs but failing miserably at it? Or is it men from mars?

The choice is up to you.
What to go through the revolving door? No way the reptilian people or the illuminati can be on the other side with a syringe full of water with 1ppb of sodium fluoride in it and they might try to poison me to death in 2000 years.

The chemical imbalance theory is based off of brain imaging. When looking at the neural transmitter concentrations when someone is severely depressed, there is a lack of serotonin in the brain. When someone with schizophrenia, or bipolar disorder, experience psychotic symptoms, there is too much dopamine. When they image a brain that is ADHD, there are certain pathways that light up and thus release certain concentrations of neurotransmitters. The strategy is to get the concentrations under control. But it shouldn't be just medication. A lot of people don't realize this, but the combination of medicine and psycho therapy changes pathways in the brain - it changes the patient's thinking.

So there is evidence that there are chemical imbalance issues in the brain; however thoughts influence the concentrations as well. It's a symbiotic relationship. Medicine and thoughts, because they both influence the concentration of neurotransmitters.

With my personal experience, as well as people that I know, psychotropics as well as hospitals help people. There are some people that just can't be helped. There are side effects, but it varies from person to person. I do think however there is a financial incentive for big pharma to create drugs with side effects, because that would continue the demand for more drugs.

I'm not quite sure where these accusations are coming from, because they are simply not true. Medicine helps, you just got to find the right combo. There are really bad doctors, there are really good doctors. There are hospitals that basically treat you like a prisoner, and there are others that treat you like a human being. There is the good, and there is the bad.

This is ALL untrue and a lie. They really can't distinguish metall ilness on a brain scan. It is a fairy tale, hence a LIE

working in this field?

No, it doesn't help anyone. BUT I am not talking all medicine I am taking ONLY psychiatric medicine.

With my personal experience, as well as people that I know, psychotropics as well as hospitals help people.

What do you mean by 'help"? If you mean you have seen people 'getting better' that doesn't mean a thing, because
who is to say that is because of the 'medicines"? You can only say that if you beleive forhand these medications work.
But that is very illogical and irrational.

I do think however there is a financial incentive for big pharma to create drugs with side effects, because that would continue the demand for more drugs.

some of these drugs CREATE the effect they are supposed to 'treat'!

Last edited:
You said medicine doesn't work despite centries of evidence.

I didn't wrote that. I am talking here about psychiatric drugs.

Like the words "revolving door" and a picture of hands shaking?

Just clues, mate.relax.

I googled revolving door, i saw some pictures. Is it the illuminati behind those doors trying to poison the world wroth prescription drugs but failing miserably at it? Or is it men from mars?

Ridiculing won't help. It is very cheap and means you are out of 'arguments'

What to go through the revolving door? No way the reptilian people or the illuminati can be on the other side with a syringe full of water with 1ppb of sodium fluoride in it and they might try to poison me to death in 2000 years.

Man , you are even getting cheaper.

I really hope it was something I wrote,

From now on you are on my ignore. You are not able to communicat normal and properly.

He didn't say they could. Try a different diversion.

well...

Dr. Sydney Walker III, psychiatrist “The way things get into the DSM is not based on blood test or brain scan or physical findings. It’s based on descriptions of behavior. And that’s what the whole psychiatry system is.”

"Today we can do any number of scans and lab tests to diagnose cancer, heart disease, diabetes and other physical illnesses. WE haven't got there yet for mental illness."--Harold Koplewicz, Director, Child Study Centre at New York University medical Centre

It's all bogus, the whole field of psychiatry.

This says a lot.

"We do not have a clear-cut lab test" to diagnose such an imbalance. He later stated, "In order to survive, we (psychiatrists) must go where the money is."--Steven Sharfstein, Ex-President, American Psychiatric Association

well, I agree here.

"My studies in this area lead me to a very uncomfortable conclusion: Our citizens would be far better off if we removed all the psychotropic drugs from the market, as doctors are unable to handle them. It is inescapable that their availability creates more harm than good." - Peter Gotzsche, MD; Co-founder of the Cochrane Collaboration

Very well put.

“The only biochemical imbalances in the brains of those who see a psychiatrist … are those that are put in there by a psychiatrist -- Peter R. Breggin, Psychiatrist & MD

Ahh...the linchpin to every conspiracy theory. They are really working in cahoots, but let me guess you have absolutely nothing to substantiate that claim?

I think you mean revolving door. But okay i am thinking revolving door, now what?

If you are not familiar with Edward Bernays, and how and why he was hired by the US government a century ago, you should read a bit about him and why Woodrow Wilson hired him. If you actually think that the government does not care how the public perceives events, you are naïve.

I didn't wrote that. I am talking here about psychiatric drugs.

Just clues, mate.relax.

Ridiculing won't help. It is very cheap and means you are out of 'arguments'

Man , you are even getting cheaper.

I really hope it was something I wrote,

From now on you are on my ignore. You are not able to communicat normal and properly.

Made the igniore list hooray.

If you are not familiar with Edward Bernays, and how and why he was hired by the US government a century ago, you should read a bit about him and why Woodrow Wilson hired him. If you actually think that the government does not care how the public perceives events, you are naïve.

No. You want to sell this conspiracy nonsense you do the research you present it.

It's all bogus, the whole field of psychiatry.

your statement from an earlier post "I have worked as psychiatric nurse for years."

Why do you continue to work in a "bogus" field, then?

would you please provide a link to the source your quoting.

your statement from an earlier post "I have worked as psychiatric nurse for years."

Why do you continue to work in a "bogus" field, then?

I wrote 'worked' I don't work there anymore. I never will.

When I worked there I wasn't aware of the things I am now. However, even when I worked there I had some very critical points,

But if you work there, you will sooner or later 'fit' into the system. Difficult to explain. Kind of you have to 'go with the flow',

That is not always a good thing.

I wrote 'worked' I don't work there anymore. I never will.

When I worked there I wasn't aware of the things I am now. However, even when I worked there I had some very critical points,

But if you work there, you will sooner or later 'fit' into the system. Difficult to explain. Kind of you have to 'go with the flow',

That is not always a good thing.

Thanks for the reply

So in the future will you provide the link to items your quoting?

This is ALL untrue and a lie. They really can't distinguish metall ilness on a brain scan. It is a fairy tale, hence a LIE

Besides just providing blank statements, provide evidence please. And I am talking studies, not some "I've seen patients and they never get better."

I function much better because of psychotropics. Here's the deal, psychotropics aren't meant to cure the illness, they are meant to make it more manageable. I'm going to have symptoms whether or not I take medicine or not. The intensity and duration of these symptoms goes down if you are taking medicine. And I am here to tell you, that is the truth. I am talking about psychotropics.

What I find questionable is that you supposively worked in this field, but you call these medicines psychiatric medicines when they are referred to as psychotropics in the field.

These medicines work because of scientific study and using the scientific method. The most studied SSRI, Prozac, scientists literally know the whole progression of the drug in the brain. The increase of serotonin in the brain actually increases the receptor sites of the neurons for serotonin. People don't know this, but what makes psychotropics effective has more to do with what they do to the receptor sites, which is indirectly affected by the concentration of neurotransmitters in the brain.

My doctor has told me repeatedly that he has seen medicine work. And I can tell you, it works! It doesn't cure the illness, none of them claim to. They make the illness more manageable. The only cure that I can think of of mental illness is gene therapy, but that is probably never going to happen because of ethical reasons.

However I will say this....

I think "alternative medicine" is much more sane, and is more effective than big pharma. I firmly believe with the herbs and plants in this world, we could create medicines to help treat a vast amount of disorders, including mental. But people blindly stick to the establishment, and think man made substances are the way to go with regards to treating mental illness.

Besides just providing blank statements, provide evidence please. And I am talking studies, not some "I've seen patients and they never get better."

I function much better because of psychotropics. Here's the deal, psychotropics aren't meant to cure the illness, they are meant to make it more manageable. I'm going to have symptoms whether or not I take medicine or not. The intensity and duration of these symptoms goes down if you are taking medicine. And I am here to tell you, that is the truth. I am talking about psychotropics.

What I find questionable is that you supposively worked in this field, but you call these medicines psychiatric medicines when they are referred to as psychotropics in the field.

These medicines work because of scientific study and using the scientific method. The most studied SSRI, Prozac, scientists literally know the whole progression of the drug in the brain. The increase of serotonin in the brain actually increases the receptor sites of the neurons for serotonin. People don't know this, but what makes psychotropics effective has more to do with what they do to the receptor sites, which is indirectly affected by the concentration of neurotransmitters in the brain.

My doctor has told me repeatedly that he has seen medicine work. And I can tell you, it works! It doesn't cure the illness, none of them claim to. They make the illness more manageable. The only cure that I can think of of mental illness is gene therapy, but that is probably never going to happen because of ethical reasons.

I think "alternative medicine" is much more sane, and is more effective than big pharma. I firmly believe with the herbs and plants in this world, we could create medicines to help treat a vast amount of disorders, including mental. But people blindly stick to the establishment, and think man made substances are the way to go with regards to treating mental illness.

The herbs and plants have been tried in the past. I am not aware of a herbal alternative to Prozac.

Well, I can't check that, but ok.But I have no clue of what you are talking about, symptoms and all.Not that you have to, I understand that too.
But anyway, the question then becomes at what costs? Braindamage? are you aware of the side effects?
When people are well informed about their drugs (most are not and that is the problem), and they still want to take the drugs or medicine or whatever.Be my guest.
My problem is is that people are ill-informed about these drugs, hence a rational decision can't be made.

And about 'managable'. well I have seen patiens on a psychiatric ward and were indeed 'managable', Basically because they were in a chemical straightjacket.
Hell, I have seen even a friend of mine on these drugs, he couldn't walk, talk etc. But yes, he was 'managable' indeed,
I think there are other ways,, but , as I have explained before, take love, time and patience and more,

Well, that is just semantics and I find this a bit childish. But ok, it can be explained because english is not my natiove language. so some things might
get 'lost in translation', ok?

These medicines work because of scientific study and using the scientific method.

Problem here is that moest 'scientific studies" are paid for by the companies that produce that poison! See the problem here?
These "'scientific studies" are full of lies, omissions , bias and what have you.

Besides, they don't work, unless you mean damaging the nervous system.

The most studied SSRI, Prozac, scientists literally know the whole progression of the drug in the brain. The increase of serotonin in the brain actually increases the receptor sites of the neurons for serotonin. People don't know this, but what makes psychotropics effective has more to do with what they do to the receptor sites, which is indirectly affected by the concentration of neurotransmitters in the brain.

I know the story, but there is more to it. Please watch this video:

Of course the doctor tells you this. Who do you think paid his 'education'? I am not talking abouit his intent. He is a victim
of the system too. And even if it is true he did see 'medicine work', that doens't mean a thing at all.

oh btw gene therapy will come. the companies don't care about ethics at all. That is important to understand.

Very good, I agree with you here totally. But I will add that there are more alternative therapies that I have seen working as
being very effective. Here are some: EFT, TAT,, BSFF. reflexology, QE and there are some more.
Totally safe , very fast most of the time and no side effects.

Even diabetes can be cured with proper food!
Of course they don't give proper foods in hospitals, That might make some people better,

But because there is a group that wants to us being ill-healted, there is Codex Alimentarius, look it up!

Last edited:
No. You want to sell this conspiracy nonsense you do the research you present it.

I've done the research. I see it in action every day.

I could not care less whether you understand it or not. :peace

Back
Top Bottom